[3.4] Caustic Arrow Pathfinder & Toxic Rain

The build is around Damage over Time, a little bit of chance to poison ( to have the Crawler up at max stacks ) and withering generation using Toxic Rain linked with Withering Touch

PROS and CONS

Spoiler

PROS

+great clearing speed thanks to CA buffs.
+really good to run maps and delves because the only mods you dont want to run
are no leeching and no regen.
+really good to run delves with.
+high evasion and movement speed.

CONS

-really weak single target till you get key items (6l +3 Bow, Dying Sun,
Impresence, 21/20 CA, Empower lvl 3/4 )

LEVELLING

Spoiler

Level with the usual levelling item:
-Tabula Rasa
-Lochtonial Caress
-Storm Cloud
-Goldrim
-Wanderlust

GEMS AND LINKS:

To level till you reach Blood Aqueduct at least go for either Shrapnel Shot or Lightning Arrow, both are good to level with. Remember to level on the offhand Caustic Arrow while levelling, so you don't have to start with a lvl 1 gem.

LINKS FOR SHRAPNEL SHOT:

Shrapnel Shot - Onslaught - Volley - Mirage Archer - Slower Projectile - Added Lightning Damage

LINKS FOR LIGHTNING ARROW:

Lightning Arrow - Onslaught - Greater Multiple Projectile - Added Lightning Damage - Mirage Archer - Slower Projectile

BANDITS: 2 Points

ASCENDANCY: Pathfinder

1°- Nature's Reprisal
2°- Master Toxicist
3°- Nature's Adrenaline
4°- Nature's Boon

PANTHEON:

Soul of Lunaris: for the extra dodge chance and phys reduction.
Soul of Ralakesh: for the no maim/no blind that you take after.

You can also use Soul of Ryslatha if you feel like.

CRAFTING +3 BOW

Spoiler

Catarina Method ( expansive one atm )

You need to have either a Maraketh Bow base or a Thicket Bow base ( because of the high movement speed/attack speed ).

-First try to Alteration spam the +2 level to Bow Gems.
-Than use an Augmentation to have a suffix.
-Regal it hoping for another suffix, if not Scour and start again.
-Craft Cannot Roll Attack mods ( 1ex with Catarina lvl 8 )
-Exalt it for a guaranteed +1 level to Gems
-Scour the Catarina mod and craft Damage over time with Leo

Fossils Method ( cheap method )

You need to have either a Maraketh Bow base or a Thicket Bow base ( because of the high movement speed/attack speed ).

-You need to have a Metallic Fossil ( dropped into Mines ), a Petrified Fossil ( dropped into Petrified Forest ) and a Prismatic Fossil ( dropped into Magma Fissure ).
-Put the fossils into a 3 socket Chaotic Resonator and slam the bow.
-The +3 is not guaranteed, its RNG based, so u can craft it with just one try or spend a lot of fossils.
-After you get your +3 bow, craft Damage over Time with Leo if you have an open prefix.

PASSIVE TREE

Passive Tree

GEMS AND LINKS

Spoiler

Caustic Arrow

Caustic Arrow - Empower - Concentrated Effect - Vicious Projectile - Swift Affliction - Void Manipulation

Toxic Rain

Toxic Rain - Void Manipulation - Vicious Projectile - Slower Projectile - Withering Touch - Mirage Archer

Herald of Agony

Herald of Agony - Minion Damage - Vicious Projectile - Lesser Multiple Projectile

Immortal Setup

Immortal Call (lvl 3) - Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 2) - Increased Duration - Phase Run

Blink Arrow - Faster Attacks

Decoy Totem

Rallying Cry

ITEMS IM RUNNING RIGHT NOW

Spoiler

NOTE: Most of these items are self found/self crafted, so you can get better
items for sure.

PASTEBIN FOR PoB

Thanks all for the feedbacks and tips!

Contact me in-game if you need some tips!

Last edited by supFrag on Sep 9, 2018, 9:48:26 AM
Last bumped on Dec 8, 2018, 9:03:34 PM
maybe withering touch on herald of agony for wither stacks? and a blight totem for hinder.
you only took half the bow wheel. The half that gives you less damage....
"
skyicing wrote:
maybe withering touch on herald of agony for wither stacks? and a blight totem for hinder.

Ye i will see how to do it, but i think the blight totem isnt a thing, i will probably do a weapon swap for the blight in case i need it.
"
BanditBan wrote:
you only took half the bow wheel. The half that gives you less damage....

The upper part gives u only a little bit of DoT dmg more so it isnt that worth taking in my opinion.

EDIT: ive took it anyway cuz to delve deep u need a lil bit of extra dmg
Last edited by supFrag on Sep 9, 2018, 8:50:14 PM
what am I not seeing here? 80k dps (~50k shaper dps) seems atrociously low. With this level of gear if this build can't get above 300k shaper, I really don't see it being viable for delve.
"
grimchip wrote:
what am I not seeing here? 80k dps (~50k shaper dps) seems atrociously low. With this level of gear if this build can't get above 300k shaper, I really don't see it being viable for delve.

PoB was not updated, now that is updated the dps got an almot 200k dmg upgrade so i think its more than fine. Also in the build i didnt include wither effect and the curse debuff, cuz its still a WIP build
"
supFrag wrote:

PoB was not updated, now that is updated the dps got an almot 200k dmg upgrade so i think its more than fine. Also in the build i didnt include wither effect and the curse debuff, cuz its still a WIP build

I'm still skeptical, This seems worse in everyway to just being tornado shot PF.
"
supFrag wrote:

I'm still skeptical, This seems worse in everyway to just being tornado shot PF.
Profile to public please <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info