3.4 The immortal old man and his companions(guardian)

This is a template build for 3.4 delve new summoner warrior archetype so many items are subject to change.

The idea is to be as tanky as possible so you can stay in the fight while your minions do most of the damage, i also wanted to incorporate the new instant warcries. I didn't venture on the witch side of the tree because i don't plan to play with zombies,specters and skeletons.

PoB:https://pastebin.com/y7SY9DqE

Tell me what you think.
Last bumped on Aug 30, 2018, 2:05:51 PM
You have zero unreserved mana but no bloodmagic linked to dom blow. Might be alright with Enlighten 4, but until then you'd have to drop an aura I think.

Why Geofri's helm? Did you want to get the new fated one? Resists are cool, but I think you could probably get by a bit better with some sort of Elder minion support helm.

Why run Vis Mortis without spectres? Also, it is 6 off color, so expensive to make. I'd swap the chest out with something more attainable, but if you want to keep vis mortis then all the more reason to run some spectres. You could throw them in an Elder helm if you are still planning for the 6 off color 6l. You could use whatever spectres would be more appropriate if you need clear or boss damage.

Overall looks like decent tree for something, I think most of the problems are just itemization really.
Why you'd need The Scourge? you already have Inc. and Red. minion damage also affect you from skill tree. And to get first Sentinel of Dominance you need enough damage to kill someone, which you don't have right now.
Last edited by OrKToS on Aug 30, 2018, 8:33:34 AM
"
SyntheticTim wrote:
You have zero unreserved mana but no bloodmagic linked to dom blow. Might be alright with Enlighten 4, but until then you'd have to drop an aura I think.

Why Geofri's helm? Did you want to get the new fated one? Resists are cool, but I think you could probably get by a bit better with some sort of Elder minion support helm.

Why run Vis Mortis without spectres? Also, it is 6 off color, so expensive to make. I'd swap the chest out with something more attainable, but if you want to keep vis mortis then all the more reason to run some spectres. You could throw them in an Elder helm if you are still planning for the 6 off color 6l. You could use whatever spectres would be more appropriate if you need clear or boss damage.

Overall looks like decent tree for something, I think most of the problems are just itemization really.

Well yeah i just threw some items just for stats sake, i plan to 5-6 link the herald of purity but can't display it in the current pob. I plan to run the fated version of geofri's until i can craft/buy a good elder helmet, thanks for taking the time to reviewing my build.

"
OrKToS wrote:
Why you'd need The Scourge? you already have Inc. and Red. minion damage also affect you from skill tree. And to get first Sentinel of Dominance you need enough damage to kill someone, which you don't have right now.

Yeah i will change the scourge when i can run the gems and get concrete calculations.
"
OrKToS wrote:

Well, while that is a bit redundant, the minion attack speed and the 70% damage increase are both very worth if you're a frontline tank still and get hit a ton. So you can def build around it still, and possibly even drop the passive node from the tree if you don't need the accuracy (i.e you run necromantic aegis + lycosidae which has minions never miss)
Last edited by KHAAOS on Aug 30, 2018, 9:17:55 AM
"
Yeah i will change the scourge when i can run the gems and get concrete calculations.

I don't think Scourge is too bad in there. You do already have the inc/red affect you, but it also gives you the 70% increased minion damage if you've hit recently. With Bright Beak being dead now, it doesn't seem like a terrible choice. Maybe a 2hander of some sort for a 2 6l setup?
As for the build;
First off you can be more conservative with points spent to allocate in other areas, such as making sure you have enough damage yourself, or the mana to sustain supports on minions/heralds/auras.
You also traveled quite a long bit down just for life, which you should be getting more of in items.

Harmony of Purpose may also be more worth, never underestimate charge generation, especially if it benefits all minions/allies. So just pick up Unwavering Stance for 1 point rather than rely on blocking for the stun negation.

Just a quick overlook
https://pastebin.com/01dQifw4
And might as well post the idea I did some rough draft of for my brother whom I'll be playing with.
Basing it off using Smite for full phys to lightning, and purity + relic.
(grossly un-optimized gear, or even wrong, didn't bother much there, but gets the point across)

Lacks mana, but was thought to be offset into gear rather than the tree.
https://pastebin.com/zz18rwPy

"
KHAAOS wrote:
Harmony of Purpose may also be more worth, never underestimate charge generation, especially if it benefits all minions/allies.

Read the text.

Party members = NOT minions/allies.

"
Why you'd need The Scourge? you already have Inc. and Red. minion damage also affect you from skill tree.

Because 70% increased damage for you and the minions.
And ~14% increased attack speed for you and the minions.

Dual wielding gives 140% increased damage to you + minions and 25-30% increased attack speed to you + the minions. It's a very good weapon for warrior summoners.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Last edited by CommodoX on Aug 30, 2018, 10:31:08 AM
I really think it is easy to kill white minions to get you started, i am not saying that my path is the best or my itemization but until they plug in the stats of herald of purity and the new dominating blow it is quite difficult to say that the dmg isn't enough so don't get stuck in the details. I am more interested what you thing about the concept overall, tanky,warcries,herald of purity,summon relic,domination blow with double aura for minion support(i know that i have zero mana i plan to run bloodmagic support for dominating blow and my movement skill).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info