[3.4] Smite + HoP LL Guardian Brain Rattler 100% lightning Conversion.

So, ever since this mace came out, I've always wanted to do some kind of build with it, but never had any good idea.

Watching Ziggy's video on his "crusader/paladin/w/e it was", it gave me the idea to make this hibrid (as in, me and my minions deal damage) build, with LL Guardian, using Shav's (for more auras) and going through a similar passive tree as a budget LL RF Guardian, like Pohx did back in Legacy League, only without Energy Within and not as OP.

This is what I came up with, if anyone could help me out with some kinks on this build, I'd appreciate it.

Links will probably be Smite+Ruthless+WED(it will forever be WED for me, fuck name changes)+Melee Phys+ Ancestral call (swap for Multistrike on Bosses)+ Lightning Pen as the sixth link.

In either the chest or the mace (whichever isn't 6L) I'll probably put on some meat shields or setup a CwDT+Curse+IC and fit w/e else I feel like i need, maybe warcry.

Gloves I had the idea to use, if resists and ES allow it, use Thunderfist linked with Dominating Blow + Minion Damage+Ancestral Call and Maim, so a lot of damage and utility with both the Maim and more meat shields.

I had the idea of using Herald of Purity linked with Innervate, for more damage, cuz the buff will apply both to me and to the Sentinels (I think), but this increases the mana reservation, so the idea is to link it with an Enlighten 3 or higher (it will work without it, so maybe I won't be starved for mana, I'd have to test it out.)

Discipline and Hatred reserved on mana and Wrath linked with BM. It really doesn't matter if I'm lowlife per-se, considering Pain Atunnement doesn't work with attacks, so IDK if that's worth, but its how I thought it would be.

Problem I think I have is that I have too little ES, around 8,3k ES with some pretty good gear (on PoB).

So please, Any suggestions are welcome.

Oh, another issue that I think will fuck me is accuracy. Not a crit build, but can't be RT cuz of EO.

EDIT: https://pastebin.com/2V9j1MJs - Updated tree skill with suggestion and up to level 90. Also some other modifications of mine. 9,8k ES and 1,2k Life with 3k Mana.

Thanks.
Last edited by Nauze on Aug 30, 2018, 7:35:25 PM
Last bumped on Sep 12, 2018, 12:27:14 PM
Just to let you know you won't be able to use Ancestral Call with Smite, as it is not a single target attack skill. It has the AOE tag in the description.
"
Kethlorien wrote:
Just to let you know you won't be able to use Ancestral Call with Smite, as it is not a single target attack skill. It has the AOE tag in the description.

It does work/ The AOE portion is separate from the attack. Ziggy used AC in his video.
"
Jarmanuel wrote:
"
Kethlorien wrote:

It does work/ The AOE portion is separate from the attack. Ziggy used AC in his video.

Interesting, it doesn't state in the skill description that it is single target. I will have to go and watch the video again..

I missed things it seems. I blame the insomina. Thanks for the clarification..:)
I was thinking about this and the new Static Strike. Do SS as your primary and have Smite as a secondary attack linked with Faster Attacks and increased duration. Alternate them to maintain the buffs and run around with the SS discharges doing the damage and proc your summons.
Just a small thing, if you use healthy mind at the top of witch, you can change the last 8% mana on left to a 5% life there to get the 2% extra. Also you can drop one of hybrid node down there, the ones just over witch starting area, losing 13% mana and pick 10% life (20% mana) and 5% all res following the previous 5% life.

Here is the tree with those changes: http://poeurl.com/b2Ro

You get 41 more mana and 5% all res
"
Tarkhan wrote:
Just a small thing, if you use healthy mind at the top of witch, you can change the last 8% mana on left to a 5% life there to get the 2% extra. Also you can drop one of hybrid node down there, the ones just over witch starting area, losing 13% mana and pick 10% life (20% mana) and 5% all res following the previous 5% life.

Here is the tree with those changes: http://poeurl.com/b2Ro

You get 41 more mana and 5% all res

Oh yeah, that makes sense, thanks.

"
HecatesLover wrote:
I was thinking about this and the new Static Strike. Do SS as your primary and have Smite as a secondary attack linked with Faster Attacks and increased duration. Alternate them to maintain the buffs and run around with the SS discharges doing the damage and proc your summons.

I don't think that SS has the same damage output as Smite, granted, we don't simply know it yet, but I feel as if SS need a lot more AS to work, and seeing as this mace is quite slow, even with all the minion AS i'll get from tree, I don't think it will be worth. Maybe, we'll see. Thanks for the idea though, i'll be sure to test it out.
PoB link doesn't seem to work with the updated PoB. Says Code is valid but then loads a huge ERROR window.

[EDIT] - This error was caused by a fault in PoB and has since been fixed.
One-two! One-two! And through and through, the Vorpal blade went SNICKER-SNACK!
Last edited by docgrumble on Aug 31, 2018, 9:43:30 PM
"
docgrumble wrote:
PoB link doesn't seem to work with the updated PoB. Says Code is validbut then loads a huge ERROR window.

I just started getting an error on my version of the Ziggy tree, after the latest PoB patch.

Edit: The error happens as soon as your cursor highlights 'Spiritual Command' or if it is in your tree.
Last edited by Saevan on Aug 31, 2018, 7:13:20 PM
Error in PoB is fixed, folks. Definitely was Spiritual Command.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info