PC servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately .

[3.6] Balls On Fire Witch <> Waves of Destruction <> Brand New Video Guide 3.4

Hello again! So I've improved my build like a lot. Here it is https://pastebin.com/8aCu9htr
And I was still really struggling to understand what I did wrong and why I didn't have at least similar dps to yours. So I was messing with both our PoB's and found out that if every gem setup but the magma orb itself were removed the dps would be very similar. So next I removed the gem setups one by one and realized that for some reason Wither gives your build around 200k dps while giving me around 10k, even though we both got prefect roll Gloomfangs and high roll flask. So then I removed the flasks and the gloomfangs and with these changes the dps was similar. I couldn't find any other sources of chaos damage whatsoever :)
Then I I tried deleting your wither setup and adding it anew, after I'd done that your PoB didn't have + around 200k dps but + around 10k as mine did. So I was thinking what the hell. That must be some sort of bug in Path of Building but I'm struggling to understand how it occured. Maybe it's a newly introduced bug and I'm not getting the 200k because of using the latest version. No idea honestly.
P.S. Just so you can check, your pob link from pastebin show 738k while mine pastebin something like 500something dps. Maybe the bug occured while exporting and you didn't even see that much dps in your pob :)
Last edited by Slandsj1o on Dec 22, 2018, 3:54:40 PM
"
Slandsj1o wrote:
Hello again! So I've improved my build like a lot. Here it is https://pastebin.com/8aCu9htr
And I was still really struggling to understand what I did wrong and why I didn't have at least similar dps to yours. So I was messing with both our PoB's and found out that if every gem setup but the magma orb itself were removed the dps would be very similar. So next I removed the gem setups one by one and realized that for some reason Wither gives your build around 200k dps while giving me around 10k, even though we both got prefect roll Gloomfangs and high roll flask. So then I removed the flasks and the gloomfangs and with these changes the dps was similar. I couldn't find any other sources of chaos damage whatsoever :)
Then I I tried deleting your wither setup and adding it anew, after I'd done that your PoB didn't have + around 200k dps but + around 10k as mine did. So I was thinking what the hell. That must be some sort of bug in Path of Building but I'm struggling to understand how it occured. Maybe it's a newly introduced bug and I'm not getting the 200k because of using the latest version. No idea honestly.
P.S. Just so you can check, your pob link from pastebin show 738k while mine pastebin something like 500something dps. Maybe the bug occured while exporting and you didn't even see that much dps in your pob :)

Select Wither on the left side and then you want to select how many stacks ^;)
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
"
bashtart wrote:
"
Slandsj1o wrote:

Select Wither on the left side and then you want to select how many stacks ^;)

Oh shoot! :D
When you told me my PoB seemed to be set up correctly I obviously stopped thinking about that for good lol. That was a mistake
I'm shifting my gf's character to this build; gonna be super fun! :D

One question:

It seems weird to me that you have arcane surge bound to the golem casting; this seems like it would mean that arcane surge is almost never running. Does your golem die a lot?
Turns out I have another question: can you explain the gloves? Why have slower projectiles when Shield Charge doesn't *have* any projectiles?
So I got a Mystic Staff skin from the free box today and I instantly joked about me never using it.
Well I was wrong. Got this staff for 3 ex, recrafted for better cast speed with an ex, got it to 28% with one div. Considering I got my Magma Orb and Combustion to lvl 21 this is HUGE. I'm now thinking that I could've crafted a better one for the same price but It doesn't matter I was too excited :D

The damage got really huge, sitting at 1million something shaper dps with slower projectiles and mapping got too darn easy with all the damage boost. Rip life leech on sceptre and life and res on shield tho. I was thinking about trying out a new build but this changed everything, gonna stick stick to Magma Orb for a while :) Thanks for answering my posts with nooby questions and Happy Christmas!
Quick, possibly dumb question. Which skill setup should I be aiming for? the gear visualized setup or the spoiler skill setup?
"
Uratoh wrote:
Quick, possibly dumb question. Which skill setup should I be aiming for? the gear visualized setup or the spoiler skill setup?

The spoiler skill setup is up to date.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
"
bashtart wrote:
"
Uratoh wrote:

Thank you! Secondary dumb question...I'm still reasonably new to this game, what does Wither do for the build? Is there some chaos conversion later on? I'm still learning how to read the skill tree stuff.
"
Uratoh wrote:
"
bashtart wrote:
"
Uratoh wrote:

Thank you! Secondary dumb question...I'm still reasonably new to this game, what does Wither do for the build? Is there some chaos conversion later on? I'm still learning how to read the skill tree stuff.

Gloomfang adds a *boatload* of Chaos damage to your Magma Orb; the video build guide explains it in detail.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info