[3.4] The Plague Archer - Assassin Crit/Poison based Toxic Rain!

"

Once you get the Passive "Life and Mana Leech" and have enough damage mana will not become an issue.

Still kinda is, had to take Essence sap, playing pathfinder with quill rain.
"
qazqazqaz wrote:
"

Once you get the Passive "Life and Mana Leech" and have enough damage mana will not become an issue.

Still kinda is, had to take Essence sap, playing pathfinder with quill rain.

That's not this build. People are so stuck on quill rain I have no idea why.
♥ we all go tissues ♥
Last edited by weallgotissues on Sep 2, 2018, 7:28:18 PM
I'm playing this build and i'm currently up to level 47. I haven't had any issues yet and damage is great. I also find it feels more satisfying than CA as well. Looking forward to more updates :)
So I've been messing around with this build and trying different things out. Any idea why The Nomad belt doesn't give more DoT on Toxic Rain? Been trying to see if I can scale the DoT as much as possible for the hell of it and thought this belt would help it.
"
chibiusa91 wrote:
My friend did some tinkering and he came up with a 4 million poison dps

https://pastebin.com/W6FXhukR

This is pretty wild, pathing all the way for MoM did not occur to me at all. Don't like the idea of dropping all mana reservation though :( Also, is it necessary? How is the late game survivability without MoM?

So those of you that run Toxic Rain + some other attack skill, how do you use them exactly? Right now, I run 6L Scourge Arrow + 4L Toxic Rain with Mirage Archer and it feels pretty good, but I am only in white maps so far and at delve 90. Toxic Rain is definitely stronger of the two right now, even being only 4L. It is really hard to not leak DPS when controlling Scourge Arrow, given how it works right now :(

Also, I see some people running Quill Rain and some with Glare. What is the breaking point here?

Also, Atziri's Promise vs. Sin's Rebirth? How does Dying Sun fit in? Of course Promise wins right now because it costs 2c :) Seriously though, is there a point to trying to make leech work with this build?

"
Bergle wrote:
So I've been messing around with this build and trying different things out. Any idea why The Nomad belt doesn't give more DoT on Toxic Rain? Been trying to see if I can scale the DoT as much as possible for the hell of it and thought this belt would help it.

I guess it is scaling the wrong things? Physical damage and Projectile Attack damage, where Toxic Rain only mentions Projectile damage, without the Attack part.

Last edited by CommanderZ on Sep 3, 2018, 4:07:18 AM
At the end decided to go with Assassin. Currently level 84. Testing different options - tried Quill Rain as well, its interesting and fun, but doubt it will be efficient on red maps. Option with Thief's Torment seems great as I will be aiming to include some item quant for the next few days of farming and accumulating currency.

Most recent changes I made were targeting on hit damage - using increased chaos dmg support and inc crit chance (mainly because 3 times i rolled 3G + 2B on my chest, while i wanted 4G + 1B...). So clear speed is not as great as it was with more as, dmg on HoA and poison/dot dmg focus, however it is still more than enough. However with Wither and Despair (tbh not sure if it actually works with HoA and CoH) boss kills are extremely easy.

Currently gonna make some more testing before I will start with any major upgrades. Got 1ex and 100+ chaos to spare.

I have currently 4.5k life, ~55% chance to evade (gets near 70% with flask) and doing t9-t10 maps without problems.

I am open for any suggestions! You can see my character in my profile (FartingRain) or here:
http://poe-profile.info/profile/DeaconRL/FartingRain [@mods hope its fine to post such link, if not feel free to remove it, imho its more readable there comparing to the official site]

Also please keep in mind that I am constantly changing and testing stuff, so you might see some weird things there (like yesterday I found out that golem can be actually linked with spell totem, so had to do a quick gem swap;D).

Tl;dr: Build is definitely more than playable! Also in variety of ways, still not sure if Assassin was the best choice, but didnt wanted to make yet another Pathfinder.

Cheers!

EDIT: Seems like Curse on Hit is not working with Herald of Agony. Need to find another way to apply it then ;/
Last edited by DeaconRL on Sep 3, 2018, 7:20:28 AM
What are your thoughts on using the perfect form for a chest piece? It would free up arctic armor and then you could run a 4L herald + grace on top of it.
I'm having trouble surviving.. obviously a gear problem but this is my first char in this game really and I have no clue. Any tips on gear would be appreciated.
Are there any gear options for those of us who can't afford 20 - 40c per piece of equipment?
"
zenostra wrote:
Are there any gear options for those of us who can't afford 20 - 40c per piece of equipment?

Most of the gear is around 2c and is the start of the league. Jewellery is somewhat expensive (25c for the elder ring), just take rares prioritizing the following stats:
- HP;
- Ele res;
- phys dmg to attacks;
- crit multi.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info