[3.3] Simple ele tornado shot deadeye

Hey, this build is a very simple full-elemental tornado shot/barrage deadeye that is aimed towards beginners.

This build does not require any unique items but there are some that greatly benefit the build.

Mechanics
Spoiler
As mentioned this build is very simple, it uses tornado shot which fires an arrow to a target location, then shoots three arrows to all directions, by shooting more arrows with Greater multiple projectiles and getting nice shatters with Herald of Ice when we kill a frozen enemy this makes for a very satisfying clear. For bosses we simply use barrage which has great single target damage.

The build could also use different skills for clearing such as lightning arrow and ice shot, more on that in the gem links section.

Our main sustain is life (174% inc life from tree at lvl 88) and fast leech with Vaal Pact.

We go with the Deadeye ascendancy since it has great synergy with bows.

This build has a hard time running no leech and cannot run ele reflect map mods.

Gear
Spoiler

Bow
Spoiler
The unique bow The Tempest is a great ele dmg bow and is relatively cheap, if you don't have the currency to get it just use the unfated version Storm Cloud until you can afford the prophecy to upgrade it for a huge damage boost (more on that in the leveling section). A stronger option would be a rare bow with high cold & lightning dmg, crit attack and attack + speed, other useful mods are chance to deal double damage and + to gem lvl. Windripper is a more expensive unique bow that fits this build well.

Quiver
Spoiler
A budget unique quiver for this build would be Hyrri's Bite which gives us attack speed and flat cold damage, you can later upgrade it to its fated version Hyrri's Demise which gives us flat elemenetal damage per 10 of each attribute which is a great boost to our dps. A shaped spike point quiver with +1 arrow, elemental damage with attack skills and any other damage mods (crit, flat ele) is a huge boost to clear speed and damage.
Rigwalld's Quills is the best quiver for this build but is very expensive and rare.

Body Armour
Spoiler
There are a couple unique body armour options for this build:
Belly of the Beast - Great boost to your life and makes it easier to cap your resists.
Queen of The Forest - For those who wanna go fast, gives you a nice amount of life, resists and evasion rating and also 1% movement speed per 450 evasion, so if you can get good evasion on the rest on your gear / good jade flask you will run in the speed of light.
Shroud of the lightless - This armor is best in slot in my opinion, no need to 6 link it, gives you a pseudo 6 link ("Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Elemental Penetration" which is a huge damage boost, 37% elemental pen) and provides an abyssal jewel socket which are great dps boosts also. The only downside is its expensive.
Yriel's Fostering - I personally don't like this body armour, but it gives us good evasion and great life, and allows us to summon a bestial minion and gives us crit chance while its summon, alongside with more benefits depending on which version of the chest it is, the best for our build is the bestial rhoa since it gives us attack and movement speed.
Kaom's Heart - This is an expensive option, the chest itself is pretty expensive but since it has no sockets we need to run another bow and quiver in our offhand slot to put our barrage setup there, but its a huge defensive boost if you do go for kaom's.
Tabula Rasa - Easy 6 link for mapping while saving up for better gear.

A rare evasion based elder chest with high life, %life, resists and +% crit chance to attacks is also a great option.

Helmet
Spoiler
I recommend 3 unique helmets:
Starkonja's Head - Attack speed, crit, life, evasion rating. Great helmet if you don't need resists.
Devoto's Devotion - Another item for those who wanna go fast, gives us attack speed and movement speed, since we deal only elemental damage the reduced physical damage doesn't affect us.
Lightpoacher (2 abyss sockets) - The best in slot helmet for this build, helps cap out resists but the main things is the 2 abyss sockets, I'll explain more about good jewels in the jewels section.

Otherwise you could use a rare evasion based helemet with life and resists.

The best helmet enchant for this build is tornado shot fires 1-2 additional projectiles, which is common in the unique helmets I listed but is expensive.

Gloves
Spoiler
I only recommend the unique gloves Tombfist - Gives us life attack speed and abyss sockets, really good dps boost. If you can only afford the 1 abyss socket version, socket a murderous eye jewel because intimidate causes enemies to take 10% increased damage.

Otherwise use a rare evasion based/gripped gloves with life, resists and possibly attack speed or flat cold/lightning damage.

The "of reflection" glove enchant is great to make a clone of you that could get attacked instead of you.

Boots
Spoiler
Bubonic Trail are good for our build but I do not recommend them since we need gem links, you could use them though if you aren't using Lightpoacher.

Otherwise use rare evasion boots with life resists and movement speed.

Belt
Spoiler
The only unique belt I recommend is Bisco's Leash, not my personal favorite but it gives us rampage.

Otherwise use a rare stygian vise with life, resists and elemental damage with attack skills, if you can't afford a good stygian belt use a leather one instead.

Rings
Spoiler
A pair of rare rings with life, resists, ele dmg with attack skills and/or flat ele dmg. Opal rings are the best but good ones can be pretty expensive, Diamond rings are also very solid bases. Rings could also be a great source of intelligence/strength if you need some for gear/gem requirements.

Call of the Brotherhood is a unique option that balances our lightning and cold damage a bit but is rather expensive and not necessary at all.

Amulet
Spoiler
A rare amulet with life, resists, int/str, and possibly some damage mods(crit chance/mult, flat ele)

Flasks
Spoiler
A Divine Life flask with "Seething" or "Bubbling" prefix for instant recovery, immune to bleeding/freezing as the suffix.
A Diamond flask with immune to bleeding/freezing and any prefix that makes it have more uptime.
The Wise Oak is a unique flask that is pretty much mandatory, gives us penetration for the element that is the highest uncapped ele res we have (The uncapped amount can be seen by pressing C, going to defense, the number in the brackets near each elemental resist is the uncapped one) so you would want to get resists on your gear that will make either your lightning resist highest, if you are able to balance lightning and cold highest or all three the same that would be a great offensive and defensive boost.
Atziri's Promise is a cheap unique flask that gives us great dps and some leech.

Your fifth flask can vary depends on personal perference:
A Silver flask gives us nice movement speed and attack speed. Look for increased duration on it.
A Quicksilver flask makes us really fast, look for "Increased movement speed during flask effect" and "Increased flask charges" on it.
A Jade flask with the "Alchemist's" prefix is a great movement speed boost if you are using the Queen of the Forest body armor.
A Dying Sun is a huge dps and clear speed boost since it makes us fire 2 additional projectiles, but is expensive.

Jewels
Spoiler
For our build we will mainly use abyss jewels since they can give us flat ele damage which
greatly boosts our damage, we will want the following affixes (ordered by priority) on a searching eye jewel base (since it can roll ranged attack modifiers):
- Adds X to X Cold/Lightning damage to attacks/bow attacks
- + to maximum Life
- Crit mult/Ele pen/Crit chance/Attack speed

Crafting those jewels by yourself is rather easy also, buy any searching eye jewel, highest item level you can afford and get it to a magic item (scouring and using a transmute if its rare) then spam alteration orbs on it until it gets atleast 2 flat cold/light dmg mods or 1 dmg mod and life, if the alteration hits 1 good mod use an orb of augmentation to add another one and hope for another good one. If a jewel does get 2 good mods use a regal orb on it to make it rare and add an extra mod hoping for more dmg / life if there is none.

Gem Links
Spoiler

Since we are using items with abyssal sockets, we lose a few gem links, the skills are sorted by their priorty and the ideal (Gem level / Quallity). A "-" means the gems should be linked and a "," means the gems should be wherever you can put them.

Tornado Shot (20/20) - Greater Multiple Projectiles (20/20) - Added Cold Damage (20/20) - Elemenetal Dmg with Attack Skills (20/20) - Mirage Archer (20/20) (5L) - Ice Bite (20/20) (6L)

You could swap Tornado Shot for Lightning Arrow if you don't like it, just swap Ice Bite for Pierce Support or Ice Shot with Chain Support instead of Ice Bite, you could try all three and pick your favorite.

Barrage (20/20) - Added Cold Damage (20/20) - Elemenetal Dmg with Attack Skills (20/20) - Increased Critical Strikes (20/20) (drop this if using Shroud of the Lightless) - Elemental Focus (20/20) (5L) - Slower Projectiles (20/20) (6L)

Blink Arrow (20/20) - Faster Attacks (20/20)

Cast When Damage Taken (1/0) - Immortal Call (3/0) - Increased Duration (20/20) [If links allow]

Herald of Ice (20/20) , Wrath (20/0) , Ice Golem (20/20)

This is optional, if you do decide to take it only turn it on before enganing a pack of monster or the degen will kill you (Since we take Vaal Pact we don't regenerate health)
Blood Rage (20/20)

If you have enough links you could add some links to your herald of ice:
Herald of Ice (20/20) - Curse on Hit (20/20) - Assassin's Mark (20/20) - Onslaught (20/20)

You don't need a silver flask if you are using this setup since we are getting onslaught from herald of ice shatters.

Bandits, Ascendancy & Pantheons
Spoiler

Deal With the Bandits quest: Since we are a crit build we are going to help Alira for the crit multi, mana regen and ele resists. Killing them all is an alternative since the passive points can yield more jewel sockets.

Ascendancy: After the normal lab we will take Gathering Winds, Far Shot in cruel lab, Ricochet in merciless and Endless Munitions in the eternal lab.

Pantheons: Our major god is going to be Lunaris, for minor god there are a few options, pick your favorite one: Shakari for poison immunity, Gruthkul for more phys reduction, Ryslatha for flask charges, upgraded Garukhan for movement speed.

Skill Tree
Spoiler

37 Points (After normal lab)
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.3.2/AAAABAICAQBeBbUILhGBFHUZjiPTI_YwfE2STipRR1b6W69hEGOnbyd31311fyuNfY25jb-PYJsmm42kwrF8u-PD5sSi037UI91G6Nbtg-4O73ryuP1u_ro=

61 Points (After cruel lab)
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.3.2/AAAABAICAQBeBbUILhEvEYET2hR1Fr8ZjiPTI_YmlSoLKwowfDY9TZJOKlFHVUtW-luvXfJhEGHiYetirGOnbIxvJ3BSd9d6U311fyuJ04w2jX2NuY2_j2CbJpuNnaqkwqfUsQGxfLTFu-PC7MPmxKLPetN-1CPdRujW6xTrY-2D7g7vevK4_W7-uv7I

78 Points (Merc lab)
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.3.2/AAAABAICAQBeBbUILhEvEYET2hR1Fr8ZjiPTI_Yk_SaVKgsrCjB8Mfo2PTnUQzFHfkz_TZJOKlFHVUtW-luvXfJhEGHiYetirGOnZU1sjG8ncFJ1y3b3d9d6U311fyuJ04w2jX2Nfo25jb-PYJsmm42dqqCfpMKn1LEBsXy0xbe2u-O9Nr6nwuzD5sSiz3rTftQj3UbnVOjW6b3qYusU62Ptg-4O73rwu_K4_W7-uv7I_94=

100 Points (Eternal Lab)
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.3.2/AAAABAICAQBeBS0FtQguES8RgRPaFHUWvxmOGo0j0yP2JP0mlSoLKjgrCi5TMHwx-jIBNj031DnUQzFHfkp9TP9Nkk4qUUdVS1b6WyZbr13yYRBh4mHrYqxjp2VNZdNnoGwIbIxvJ3BScUN07XXLdvd313pTeu99dX8rf_uHdonTjDaNfY1-jbmNv49gmmqbJpuNnaqgn6TCp9SxAbF8shm0xbe2u-O9Nr6nwuzD5sSiz3rTb9N-1CPawdvn3Ubjn-dU6Nbpvepi6xTrY-0_7YPuDu968LvxivK4_W7-uv7I_94=

110 Points (Lvl 88 skill tree)
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.3.0/AAAABAICAQBeBS0FtQguES8RgRPaFHUWvxmOGo0j0yP2JJ0k_SaVKgsqOCsKLlMwfDH6MgE2PTfUOdRDMUd-Sn1M_02STipRR1O7VUtW-lsmW69d8l5FYRBh4mHrYlpirGOnZU1l02egbAhsjG8ncFJxQ3Ttdct293fXelN67311fyt_-4d2idOMNo19jX6NuY2_j2CS85pqmyabjZzEnaqgn6TCp9SxAbF8shm0xbcit7a74702vqe_1cLsw-bEos9602_TftQj2sHb591G45_l5udU6Nbpvepi6xTrY-0_7YPuDu968LvxivK4-uv9bv66_sj_3g==

Leveling Tips
Spoiler

Recommended leveling uniques: Tabula Rasa, Goldrim, Wanderlust, Lochtonial Caress, Meginords Girdle, Karui Ward, Silverbranch (Then storm cloud when possible, upgrade to the tempest after lvl 32 if you get the prophecy or buy it), Hyrri's Bite.

Leveling Skills (That you get from quests/unlock at vendors after certain quest):
Start with Split Arrow and Added Cold Damage, At level 8 you can add Added Lightning Damage.
At level 10 you can get your blink arrow to move around quicker.
At level 12 you get lightning arrow, link it with lesser multiple projectiles (swap for greater when possible) and added cold
If you are using a Tabula, at level 18 you can add faster attacks and ele dmg with attacks to your lightning arrow setup.
Also start using barrage with ele dmg with attacks and faster attacks.
At level 16 you get your herald of ice and at level 24 your wrath aura.
At level 28 you could start using tornado shot instead of lightning arrow, try it out and see which one you like most.
At level 38 you get your greater multiple projectiles.
From now on follow the links under the "Gem Links" section.

PoB example
Spoiler
Here is a pob pastebin for some pretty mediocre gear:
https://pastebin.com/QezA57m3

It uses only some uniques I recommended here, and a total of 8 abyss jewels with mediocre life and flat ele dmg.
The buffs it has on are: blood rage, 3 frenzy charges(from ice bite/blood rage) 3 power charges (from assassins mark), tailwind (from ascendancy), wise oak flask (lightning res is highest), atziri's promise, silver flask.
The debuffs on enemies are: intimidate (tombfist gloves) and assassins mark.
With more life on the rest of the gear you will easily pass 5000 life.

This is the first guide I ever made, pretty simple and straightforward, any tips for improvement would be greatly appreciated, I would also gladly answer any questions you have.
Last edited by ILikeTheoryCrafting on Aug 26, 2018, 4:37:06 PM
Last bumped on Feb 6, 2019, 10:05:09 AM
I am level 58 right now, and far from testing the build thoroughly yet, but saw no one commenting on it, and didn't want you to be discouraged. As of now, it is the most solid Ranger build I have played. Flexible in gear and gems, but definitely focused in a specific guideline. Most other ranger guides are either far too flexible, making them pointless, or offer no options. Will keep advancing, and update once I start hitting maps. Thank you for taking the time to write this, and sharing!
One of my mates, a new player is following your guide and he says its very nice and easy to follow so thank you for your time :)
One simple Chi, thats all I ever asked for!
"
Jedijax wrote:
I am level 58 right now, and far from testing the build thoroughly yet, but saw no one commenting on it, and didn't want you to be discouraged. As of now, it is the most solid Ranger build I have played. Flexible in gear and gems, but definitely focused in a specific guideline. Most other ranger guides are either far too flexible, making them pointless, or offer no options. Will keep advancing, and update once I start hitting maps. Thank you for taking the time to write this, and sharing!

"
beledric wrote:
One of my mates, a new player is following your guide and he says its very nice and easy to follow so thank you for your time :)

Thank you both, that's very nice to hear!
Would love to hear about your progress and answer any questions you got :)
Great, great guide. Everything about it was clear, well explained... the abyss jewels crafting tip was invaluable, same as the leveling section including skill gem acquisition thresholds. By far, one of the most complete guides I have followed. Now, as for the build itself. Face-tanked every boss in story mode. Came close to dying to Yugul and Shakari, but the real doozy was right at the end. Kitava killed me twice, and I wasn't trying to face-tank him. Figured it was just due to mechanics of the battle, but was still a bit of a downer, especially since this is the tankiest ranger I have played. Tried merciless lab, and boom! Izaro one-hit me in second aspirant trial. Could be I was level 71. Could be I messed up. At that point I was also having trouble keeping mana up. with 125 max due to reserved aura and herald, a 49 mana tornado shot is a little hard to keep. Since it's a leeching build, your shots have to hit target every time, or risk depleting, which is difficult in some battles where bosses either turn immortal or un-shotable at points. Again, none of this may be the build's fault, and it may just be I fail at playing, but it was discouraging. Couldn't get the ridiculously rare and expensive abyss gear, Rigwald's Quills or Windripper, so that may also have played a part. Went all the way through with Tempest, Belly of the Beast, Devoto's Devotion, Bisco's Leash, Hyrri's Demise, Atziri's Promise, The Oak, and rares for res. Hope you can share your gear through leagues as comparison, and a Pro/Cons section to the build, as other guides do.
Last edited by Jedijax on Aug 29, 2018, 4:26:20 AM
Really like the explanations on each item. Some full gear sets would be nice to have in the guide acting as an example.

Also Thief's Torment is the best leveling unique you can use as a bow character.
Last edited by xBattlefear on Aug 29, 2018, 8:02:49 AM
Hi

Really nice build, I a working on my stuff right now, could you show us your current gear for this build so that I get a comparison?

Also for the jewells you mentioned cold/lightning flat, what about fire? Is there a reason we should not take fire damage?

Thanks
Hey guys,

So, i have played a few ranger builds in my time with POE. I like the simplicity of this guide, and it looks like it would be a good league starter. Has anyone played this as a league starter, or is anyone planning on making this their league starter for 3.5?
Very nice build, I'm level 69 right now.

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info