Soulthirst Sunder Jugg - VERY FAST

"
SockBaboon wrote:
I cant tell if it hits hit chance cap when you crit from jugg passive cuz pob doesnt have a box for that in the config for some reason, assuming you dont take RT ofc

The Accuracy Rating on crit is automatically on, but there's no reason not to take RT considering this build doesn't scale crit or any on crit effects like EO. You do gain a bit of damage on crit from Undeniable, but not enough to offset the loss in damage from a lower hit chance. Against T16 enemies without RT, we get 93% hit chance. The 100% hit chance from RT gives more DPS than the 30% conditional generic damage on-crit with 93% hit chance.
Last edited by Xanthochroid on Aug 29, 2018, 12:55:37 AM
Why no herald of ash? Your mana doesn't regen that fast with the flask, its about 75 mana per second with that flask and you'd have over 200 mana unreserved with herald, also not worth taking AoE+Flask nodes from witch?

"
AnnogVnrama wrote:
Why no herald of ash? Your mana doesn't regen that fast with the flask, its about 75 mana per second with that flask and you'd have over 200 mana unreserved with herald, also not worth taking AoE+Flask nodes from witch?

You can do Herald of Ash, I might even recommend it. It's more damage, for sure.

There are a couple reasons I don't like to run it, personally. First, it does make mana slightly harder to manage. You get half the time before your mana fills up again. It's still enough time to work with, but it's slightly more uncomfortable, so imo it's a toss-up whether the damage is worth the inconvenience, a 50/50 deal.
But then HoA also adds some visual clutter, since all corpses have a burning effect on them after you kill them. It's a minor detail, but when you're going so fast, you really want minimal distractions so you can just focus on pathing and finding the next mobs to kill.
Another option besides HoA is to use a Blasphemy Vulnerability. What's nice about Vuln is that it puts a little icon above living enemies so you notice them that much quicker. But, it means you only have 15% mana remaining which can be hard to manage.

All in all, I would say it's up to personal preference to use HoA or not. I never felt like my damage was holding me back, so I never even tried Ash on this build tbh.

Witch aoe and flask nodes are too far away to use on this build, sadly.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Last edited by ThatsSoGoodman on Aug 30, 2018, 7:06:17 PM
So does the tooltip duration of the flask change with temporal chains or is it just a feel thing?

Because when the flask runs out my Soul Eater stops, and it doesn't feel like 40seconds, even with everything up, I'm unsure if I'm missing something

Sorry for the stupid question
"
YeahErmLuke wrote:
So does the tooltip duration of the flask change with temporal chains or is it just a feel thing?

Because when the flask runs out my Soul Eater stops, and it doesn't feel like 40seconds, even with everything up, I'm unsure if I'm missing something

Sorry for the stupid question
So there would be a few reasons your flask would end early (nice build by the way, I like the Molten Strike idea):

* Not having all the Temp Chains and flask investment. You have all of this, including the helm enchant.

* Some form of mana recovery hiding somewhere. I don't see any of this on your character.

* Accidentally standing still too long and having your mana fill up. If this is happening, you could drop Herald of Ash to give yourself more time to react.

* Temp Chains not being up all the time. This can happen if you don't leap directly onto enemies, and it cuts your flask short by quite a bit.

* Warding mana flask. Not an issue here.

* Hitting too many flasks. Any time any flask ends, you lose all souls. If you're losing souls early while your mana flask is still going, then this is likely the problem.

If I had to guess without knowing, I would say that probably you aren't keeping Temp Chains up 100% of the time. It's easy to do when your skill has so much range, but you need to leap on top of enemies before you attack to get the temp chains on hit (extra levels on temp chains and curse on hit also help with this, since they add duration to TC).

If you're really stumped, I would recommend recording some gameplay when you think your flask is running out early. That should help you find the cause.

Thanks for the question!
What is the actual benefit for leveling Temp Chains in these types of builds? From what I can see the main part you care about is the 40% slower buff expiration which is the same at level 1 and level 20. So wouldn't it be better to just leave it at level 1 so you aren't slowed as much before you are able to build up your Soul Eater stacks?
Hey, just saw the build and was curious how viable it was in 3.5 / is gonna be in 3.6 without statsticks and other changes, has anyone tried it?
Was interested in playing this after getting a bit of currency in 3.6.
"
ADeadlyDwarf wrote:
Hey, just saw the build and was curious how viable it was in 3.5 / is gonna be in 3.6 without statsticks and other changes, has anyone tried it?
Was interested in playing this after getting a bit of currency in 3.6.
I haven't tried the build in 3.5. You'll have to do some PoB work to figure out how to get back the damage that the build lost with the stat stick changes, I think dual axes is the way to go now. One of them should be a rare with high dps, the other the Soul Taker.

I think Sunder isn't the best skill for this anymore, now you want to use Tectonic Slam. It has the largest aoe. If you use Kaom's Roots, it may be better to use an ascendancy with higher damage than Jugg, like Champion or even Berzerker. However, Jugg would still be a good choice.

Also, the build did receive one large buff in 3.5, which is the Solstice Vigil amulet. This takes your flask duration from 40s up to 1 minute, which is really good.

Other than that, everything in the guide should still be true I believe. You should be able to farm low-tier maps just as well as before, I think.
I've been playing this build is 3.6, Just started but Conc path is a god-like skill I just need to put my mouse in the direction of a mob pack without aiming at it, a minute up time is nice cause it takes less than that to clear a map. A nebuloch seems to be the best offhand to use with soul taker in the mainhand when you've got all endurance charges on the tree, though i've only been able to afford a 408pdps axe but I can't imagine an expensive 500pdps axe will provide much more damage. Going to be trying the build out with warlord mark ring and mark of the elder to try raise the damage ceiling. My new play style is to now rush to the boss so I can take it down with my soulthirst stacks then clear the rest of the map. I love going insanely fast so this build is perfect for me. Squishy though.

Going to be exploring alot more indepth in PoB after ive finished having fun with the build.
New chieftain with tect slam looks like a pretty mint choice for this now. Not sure how the Endurance Charge sustain with multistrike will be though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info