3.3 Path of building Cold Snap tryout

https://pastebin.com/Btrye7Dt

I've try to maximize damage without loosing too much in defense. Yes taking a shadow trickster will give me more damage, but trickster don't have much defense when you think about it. Not really stun immune if you don't take the right amulet... So no way. Yes the build is for a 100 character, but can easy be cut down to level 85. All the templar section ca be remove and the frenzy charge is not really a problem.

So yes, if you check I was able to get Cold Snap to 364k Dot DPS with Vaal RF. But without it it's still 262k Dot DPS... So more then most chaos build.

Also with a LL build you can easy get 80% to all resist without the new armor.

Also I have 3 curses and Temp Chain help a lots in survive enemies.

but only 6k ES...

So if anybody can make it better, I will really appreciate. I want to start with this awesome skill, that nobody want to play anymore since the nerf.
Last bumped on Dec 10, 2018, 1:36:06 PM
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2195381

If u want to spend some big bucks get a clarity watcher's eye that gives extra ES...also you can use a regular ES shield (or a shaped one with reduced mana reserve)...I just use a flask for freeze immunity & want to drop windscream as soon as i can get a +1 curse amulet. For max damage get void batteries or just look for a temple weapon with the spellpower+extra chaos roll.
Watcher eye is a pretty good idea... But gonna cost me my life!

I don't use windscream, I use the new one Windshriek, those give

(200-250)% increased Armour ----> useless!
+(10-15)% to all Elemental Resistances ---> Ok
25% increased Movement Speed ----> Not so bad, only 5% less then pretty much every other good boots.
(10-20)% increased Elemental Damage ---- > great for damage
Enemies can have 1 additional Curse (Hidden) ----> Yeah!
60% increased Area of Effect of Curse Skills ----> Perfect for a caster.

way better then windscream.

About the shield, do regular one can give you bloodmagic and reduce mana reserve???? cause yeah I will try to find one. Cause if I have to put Blood Magic, I'm gonna need a shield with 4 socket ( Impossible )

Temple weapon is what my other cold snap character got, but in the new league I think temple weapon will not be available.

Void Battery is pretty good for max damage but I didn't take forbidden power, and getting Crit don't get me more DoT damage. In fact getting Frenzy charge is way better for this skill alone. you get 4% more damage with each frenzy charge. This is why I said that getting Trickster will be better for damage cause you can get Frenzy and Power charge easy and they give you damage for each.
Ok after the patch I find way to get damage

https://pastebin.com/JH4aLbJ3

I don't think GGG gonna love me for that.... Not playing minion or Poison build!!!!

495k Dot Dps with a cold skill..... Ok less then poison but.... Magic!
Last edited by Xenombra on Aug 28, 2018, 11:07:15 PM
If you use my old Path way and get the gear, you should have one of the best Cold snap build. Easy to use

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info