Delve- Too many key binding's

Please GGG remove the extra key binding's,
In Bestiary I had to remove one of my skills from the skill bar so i could use the nets, as i find i already have too many buttons to press, why do we need 2 more? surely the dynamite can be used similar to how we use 'flashpowder keg' to open doors in temples and surly we can use flares automatically as we run into darkness as needed.
Last bumped on Aug 15, 2018, 1:44:30 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Romanic666 wrote:

surely the dynamite can be used similar to how we use 'flashpowder keg'

holy shit this is a great idea please someone important look this up!

"
Romanic666 wrote:
surly we can use flares automatically as we run into darkness as needed.

not a big fan, some guys will prefer tanking some dankness and run like chickens to a box and back.
Worst case scenario bind the flare to left mouse button and cast it with shift click.
Second-class poe gamer
i prefer trowing dynamite tho could also save time being outside the darkness that way
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
Depends on the range tho, if it's like one screen then all good. In the trailer it had the range of a totem cast which is.. not much.
Second-class poe gamer
Isn't the problem usually that people only have to press 1 button in poe?
That being said, i feel ya. Throwing torches or whatever consume it is im not very keen on.
You have to remember to chase and catch your dreams, because if you don't, your imagination will live in empty spaces, and that's nowhere land.
This is the meaning of "development space" that they used when explaining why they didn't adopt Bestiary. Too many other uses for "v".

One nice thing about this though, they're only active while you're in the mine.

I like the ideas though. Automatically using flares makes sense.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Aug 13, 2018, 1:22:09 PM
Yes please no more keybinds, Some of us are left handed and use the Keyboard with the right hand, this leaves few options for keys that are easy to use.
GGG keeps talking about how they would like to add another hotbar for players to use.
..like...Annoyingly so, but never delivering.

It's becoming very problematic and frustrating to keep seeing times when having an extra hotbar would be amazing for things like this...yet we don't have one.

How can a 14 year old game figure out how to let any inexperienced modder add extra hotbars, keybinds, and UI elements to a game ...but this game cant figure out how to copy/paste code into a text file with a keypress argument added to it.

Any first semester college student in programming can point you to something like visual studio and explain how to do it.

....oh right, nm. This game was designed by someone who copied the development rulebook from Blizzard, where you do asinine things like having your hotbar x,y function as the holding spot for your gems.

-----

It's bad enough everyone was complaining about how stupid it was to deal with nets in bestiary, that GGG thought to themselves, "We should double it" next time.
GGG better have learned from Bestiary nightmare. Only 1 type of flare and 1 type of dynamite. Any micromanagement required and Delve is another bust.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Agreed. More keybinds is bad.

I like the dynamite idea and think it makes sense. Not sure how to handle flares as an automatic system to turn them on defeats the purpose. Would almost rather they just did away with these altogether and made you deal with the darkness debuff with no wipes.

I get where they are coming from introducing these types of mechanics and everything remains to be seen. But they also need to consider the annoyance factor and get ahead of it. Honestly don't know how they could consider additional keybinds after the blowback from Beastiary.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info