Questions about the Delve darkness mechanics

From the trailer videos and various streamers explanations, it seems that once the character gets out of a certain light radius, it starts to take a degenerative damage effect. Some questions I have after knowing this:
1. Is the light radius specific to the light radius of the crawler & flares? Does increase in light radius gear affect the flares?
2. Can the degen be mitigated via any sort of resists, remove bleeding/curse flasks, armor stacking, damage conversion (e.g. X amount of damage taken as cold), or pure life regen?
3. Minions. They run everywhere and randomly, so I suppose that half the time they will be running in the darkness. Do they lose life as well? If yes this will suck for minions build.
4. Multiplayer. Does Delve leaderboard have sections for solo and party runs to determine who's gone the deepest? Since monster difficulty scales with number of players, a level 10 for e.g. delve for a solo player is not the same difficulty as a level 10 delve for a full party.
5. And finally, can we have a minecart pet?

let's have a good discussion on these :)
Last edited by tyuio211 on Aug 12, 2018, 9:22:48 PM
Last bumped on Sep 2, 2018, 1:53:41 AM
"
tyuio211 wrote:
From the trailer videos and various streamers explanations, it seems that once the character gets out of a certain light radius, it starts to take a degenerative damage effect. Some questions I have after knowing this:
1. Is the light radius specific to the light radius of the crawler & flares? Does increase in light radius gear affect the flares?
2. Can the degen be mitigated via any sort of resists, remove bleeding/curse flasks, armor stacking, damage conversion (e.g. X amount of damage taken as cold), or pure life regen?
3. Minions. They run everywhere and randomly, so I suppose that half the time they will be running in the darkness. Do they lose life as well? If yes this will suck for minions build.
4. Multiplayer. Does Delve leaderboard have sections for solo and party runs to determine who's gone the deepest? Since monster difficulty scales with number of players, a level 10 for e.g. delve for a solo player is not the same difficulty as a level 10 delve for a full party.

Excellent questions! I'll definately be staying tuned as answers come available.

At the moment I don't think we have any info on 1 or 2. 3 it's safe to assume that anything in the darkness will die. 4 if other leaderboards are an example - it will be based on the individual character. 5 - that's definately going to happen...right? So much money sitting on the table (if the league is well received)
IGN: Steeldraconis
G3 Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/goodguygaming
Youtube: http://tinyurl.com/y5nvpcpo
Check out the CHAD Zerker build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2478633
S𓆣C𓆣A𓆣R𓆣A𓆣B𓆣G𓆣O𓆣D𓆣L𓆣I𓆣V𓆣E𓆣S𓆣
1. In the trailer you can see that flares and dynamite each have their own radius and each can be upgraded separately by paying Niko. I doubt the character's light radius or mods on gear would affect them.

2. In the trailer you can also see that we can upgrade "Darkness Resistance," so I'd assume Darkness is it's own damage type that can only be mitigated by Darkness Resistance. Have high life regen would probably give you a little mitigation as well.
"
tyuio211 wrote:

Most of this was confirmed by Ziggy/Bex on Baeclast.

1) Crawler and flares have their own light radius that is upgradeable through Niko. Character light radius has no effect.
2) It cannot. It is not physical, it is not chaos and it is not elemental. It is an entirely new damage type that we have no way to of mitigating except for 'Darkness Resistance' upgradeable through Niko. Life regen will obviously offset the degen but Ziggy implied strongly that even a pure life regen build is unlikely to gain more than a couple seconds in the dark.
3) We have no information on this yet afaik
4) Party information will be released in detail this week. At the time of Baeclast, Bex did not have confirmation to share.
5) I'd ask Bex after the FAQ is released!

~Myth
"
PrometheusBd wrote:
1. In the trailer you can see that flares and dynamite each have their own radius and each can be upgraded separately by paying Niko. I doubt the character's light radius or mods on gear would affect them.

2. In the trailer you can also see that we can upgrade "Darkness Resistance," so I'd assume Darkness is it's own damage type that can only be mitigated by Darkness Resistance. Have high life regen would probably give you a little mitigation as well.

Thanks for the enlightenment!

"
Mythkiller wrote:
"
tyuio211 wrote:

Most of this was confirmed by Ziggy/Bex on Baeclast.

1) Crawler and flares have their own light radius that is upgradeable through Niko. Character light radius has no effect.
2) It cannot. It is not physical, it is not chaos and it is not elemental. It is an entirely new damage type that we have no way to of mitigating except for 'Darkness Resistance' upgradeable through Niko. Life regen will obviously offset the degen but Ziggy implied strongly that even a pure life regen build is unlikely to gain more than a couple seconds in the dark.
3) We have no information on this yet afaik
4) Party information will be released in detail this week. At the time of Baeclast, Bex did not have confirmation to share.
5) I'd ask Bex after the FAQ is released!

~Myth

Thanks for that, I didn't watch the latest Baeclast so i missed those points. Come to think of it if minions are immune to the darkness then minion builds will be great this league for pushing delves, that or poet's pen VD since the char won't ever have to leave the light other than to loot those secret rooms.
-redacted-
Last edited by KultureVulture on Sep 2, 2018, 1:54:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info