game crashes with no error.

freezes slighty, before crashing with a pathofexile.exe has stopped responding.
this is the 64 bit client with 11 directx.
happens when doing anything, and often enough to make the game unplayable.

my pc specs are amd ryzen 5 1400 quad core with 8 gigs of ram on windows 10
my gpu is radeon rx 580.

Last bumped on Aug 23, 2018, 10:55:21 AM
I have the same problems too. My game keeps crashing after the last 2 patches as I can remember. I am also on 64 bit system with directx 11.

Game was running fine during bestiary and at the start of incursions.
can you try the dx9 client?

switch it by changing the ingame settings to dx9, starting the other executable won't work.
i've tried the 9 ex and 9, the loss of frames also made the game unplayable
these crashes are no that frequent, yes i crash too (pathofexile.exe has stopped responding) but rarely tho not a big deal, but i frequently get ping issues tho
my game is just crashing constantly after like 4 - 5 minutes of gameplay after the recent patch...idk what is going on but the game is unplayable, no error message either, it crashes anywhere, and even when starting maps, popping a flask at the start, it will crash the game. This last patch has been the worst.
Yeah, one of the recent patches made me constantly crash to desktop randomly as well. I can not really say, what causes the crash and I also get no error. There is a slight freeze for about half a second, then the game closes without any errors. My game was absolutely stable until one of the latest patches that started the problem.
Same thing is happening to me(posted a few weeks ago about it) and I have tried everything. Nothing has worked and now instead of just crashing to desktop sometimes my PC randomly reboots while in game. It's very frustrating because I love this game and I sure hope they fix the issue soon....
....._______
..../...........\
...|.............|_____...._........…
...|......o................V..VVVVV..\
...|.............________________/
....\_______/

KEYSUS
IN Order:

Update Windows
Update your graphics card drivers to the latest Optional (NVidia: Non-WHQL Signed) version
Update Steam, if installed, and get into the Beta Client release.

Grab the last pre-release content.ggpk from the torrent, available here. Run Path of Exile & UPDATE. When the update is finished, close the launcher. IF YOU ARE USING STEAM'S CLIENT, GET SET UP TO USE THE STANDALONE CLIENT. This WILL NOT work for Steam's PoE client!

Run Path of Exile again, wait 30 minutes (Regardless if you have a SSD or not; I'm not exaggerating!) & disable ANY MTX on Volatile Dead & Herald of Ash, if used.
Last edited by bvanharjr on Aug 21, 2018, 11:53:14 AM
I've been having this issue as well and what I've concluded is it has to be a RAM issue. I've tried everything and this seems the most likely after extensive testing. I also have 8GB and it just doesn't seem to be enough for POE in addition to other things. If you're still having this issue, try to avoid running chrome or other applications in addition to POE for a while, that's the only thing that's seemed to help me at all. Hope this helps!
Timmy's FREE Crafting/Carries [Standard]: 2123458
#1 ES Regalias Mirror Service [Standard]: 2489414
^^ New home of Sorrow Circle IIQ ring! ^^
Alt Art Fossil Service [Standard]: 2332551
IGN: Quant_Is_Still_Viable || Hotdogs_Are_Sandwiches

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info