[3.20] A.B. Molten Tank easy mapping and bossing

"
Genji084 wrote:
"
Dr_GlipGlop wrote:
Hey again man,
been building up currency slowly, got 3ex~ to spend at the mo.
Which order should i get loreweave, watchers, xophs ? and what would you recommend is the better way to get a decent loreweave ? Im leaning towards buying the cheapest 6 link and hitting it with divine orbs until its 80% and decent all around

Jewel can be bought for 5ex when you're in luck. Make an itemfilter with 1 mandatory +xx life gained on hit and make a new rule with the 3 Anger mods and change to "Count" and make it 1. Quick link: http://poe.trade/search/kabaramooruuse set it up so that when an item is added you'll be notified with sound and popup :).

Any reason you use anger mods instead of vitality mods?
Last edited by Dr_GlipGlop on Jan 14, 2019, 9:09:35 PM
"
Dr_GlipGlop wrote:
"
Genji084 wrote:
"
Dr_GlipGlop wrote:
Hey again man,
been building up currency slowly, got 3ex~ to spend at the mo.
Which order should i get loreweave, watchers, xophs ? and what would you recommend is the better way to get a decent loreweave ? Im leaning towards buying the cheapest 6 link and hitting it with divine orbs until its 80% and decent all around

Jewel can be bought for 5ex when you're in luck. Make an itemfilter with 1 mandatory +xx life gained on hit and make a new rule with the 3 Anger mods and change to "Count" and make it 1. Quick link: http://poe.trade/search/kabaramooruuse set it up so that when an item is added you'll be notified with sound and popup :).

Any reason you use anger mods instead of vitality mods?

Man ...

as u can see the vitality mod is mandatory on his search.

U asked how to improve damage, he add anger mod on his search
guys can u help? im newbie , how work wise oak?
it's mean im need (with my Loreweave)
cold 79%
light 79%
FIRE 78% (1% for wise oak?) right?
"
GatheringToy wrote:
guys can u help? im newbie , how work wise oak?
it's mean im need (with my Loreweave)
cold 79%
light 79%
FIRE 78% (1% for wise oak?) right?

u need ur uncapped fire res higher then other res.. like this

with 80% lorreweave

80% (150%) fire
80% (140%) cold
80% (140%) light

fire uncapped must be higher

all clear ?
Last edited by Anal_Bleeding on Jan 15, 2019, 5:12:08 AM
"
Genji084 wrote:
"
Wylajtowany96 wrote:
Do you guys think replacing ancestral call to ruthless is good idea to improve boss killing?

When you read the tekst of MS on https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Molten_Strike it kinda says that increases to Melee don't work for Projectiles. And since in this build the projectiles are our main damage dealers I think Ruthless won't work.

If you have problems with DPS i'd say you'd either need better gear or use a different Skillgem. Instead of AC you can use Fire Pen.

^ Same as what Anal said.

Looking at your char I see you're geared nicely..

Only improvements:
- Make your gems lvl 20(+)
- Change your Atziri's flask for a Wise Oak (Atziri's won't work (thnx for pointing that out Anal :D))
- I'd advice taking a better helmet
- and changing your Watchers Eye to a better version. Preferably one with extra fire damage while affected by Anger.

In my post above you can see a search filter on poe.trade for the Jewel.

I changed flask for wise oak, bought upgraded jewel and was able to easly take down Uelder for first time, thx for advice!
Also, am i able to use herald of ash with enlighten lvl4(with anger and vitality? Asking cause im looking for additional dps boost all the time :) Thanks!

"
Man ...

as u can see the vitality mod is mandatory on his search.

U asked how to improve damage, he add anger mod on his search

I didn't ask for more damage, i asked which is should buy first, thats why i was wondering why anger mods instead of double vit mod like in the OP. More damage was the answer, thank you. I think ill go for double vitality as im running champ and could do with the hp over the dps right now
Hi folks

Just set this up on a level 80 char today - cost about all the currency I had (90c) for the stuff he has on. I know it's FAR from optimal gear but I find myself to be unbelievably squishy - I died 1/2 a dozen times on a tier 4 map for example.

I've only been playing a month(have a 91 Enki's-guide Arc Witch, and an 88 tri-curse HoA witch as well) so will be learning the game for years to come obviously - happy for any advice you can throw my way!

My gems are still mid-level which I know won't help either...

Last edited by Tuathal on Jan 15, 2019, 11:23:41 AM
"
Tuathal wrote:
Hi folks

Just set this up on a level 80 char today - cost about all the currency I had (90c) for the stuff he has on. I know it's FAR from optimal gear but I find myself to be unbelievably squishy - I died 1/2 a dozen times on a tier 4 map for example.

Two things. Wildfire is limited to 1 now, the second isn't helping. More importantly you need Life Gain on hit from somewhere. I would recommend getting a Thief's Torment Prismatic Ring: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Betrayal/pKV5u0
Thanks - have now got that ring, swapped some stuff around, and comfortably doing tier 9 maps.

One thing - does Flammability have a 'marker' to show it is being cast on mobs? In the way that Enfeeble etc. does?

Saving up for some Grelwood Shanks now :)
"
Wylajtowany96 wrote:
"
Genji084 wrote:
"
Wylajtowany96 wrote:
Do you guys think replacing ancestral call to ruthless is good idea to improve boss killing?

When you read the tekst of MS on https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Molten_Strike it kinda says that increases to Melee don't work for Projectiles. And since in this build the projectiles are our main damage dealers I think Ruthless won't work.

If you have problems with DPS i'd say you'd either need better gear or use a different Skillgem. Instead of AC you can use Fire Pen.

^ Same as what Anal said.

Looking at your char I see you're geared nicely..

Only improvements:
- Make your gems lvl 20(+)
- Change your Atziri's flask for a Wise Oak (Atziri's won't work (thnx for pointing that out Anal :D))
- I'd advice taking a better helmet
- and changing your Watchers Eye to a better version. Preferably one with extra fire damage while affected by Anger.

In my post above you can see a search filter on poe.trade for the Jewel.

I changed flask for wise oak, bought upgraded jewel and was able to easly take down Uelder for first time, thx for advice!
Also, am i able to use herald of ash with enlighten lvl4(with anger and vitality? Asking cause im looking for additional dps boost all the time :) Thanks!

No, with enlighten/herald/anger/vitality on my pob i save 30 mana, but MS cost 38

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info