Righteous Fire Stuff

I used to play a pure RF build without using Scorching ray, but it always seemed to lack in damage not only to Scor. Ray RF but to other skills as well (althoe it had good sustain which is nice)...

Personaly i dislike the look and feeling of using scorching ray
so i whould like to have another, either Aoe/Fire/Spell gem that acts like the new traps and is used to kill only tough mobs and bosses (but it should have a downside while being used along with scorching ray/ it must be somethging of equal strength)
or
a fire/Aoe/Attack/duration gem that can be used to apply debuffs on the enemy (thoe that whould also buff the scorching rf since the player could just attack and swich)
I whould love it if the team brought up that topic in future disccusions.
(also an appealing idea is the nerf of spell ratio on RF along with the increase of the life/es ratios but that whould be mean to everyone who actually likes using scorching ray and RF).

sorry for my messy english thanks alot.

Last bumped on Jul 23, 2018, 3:28:46 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I liked BV when I ran RF last league, probably better now.

Either you convert it to fire for scaling from fire damage, which means you don't run EE -OR- you can add a tiny amount of lightning/cold to it and run EE, in both cases you likely want EO for the 40% more damage.
"
Sohala wrote:
I liked BV when I ran RF last league, probably better now.
Either you convert it to fire for scaling from fire damage, which means you don't run EE -OR- you can add a tiny amount of lightning/cold to it and run EE, in both cases you likely want EO for the 40% more damage.

I think even if you add lightning/cold damage to BV, you wouldn't let your enemies get -50% fire resist. In fact, your enemies would get +25% all elem resist.
RF doesn't hit so it doesn't apply +25% fire res from EE. You can apply cold or lightning damage with shield charge or BV with added damage from different sources. If you don't like scorching ray maybe firestorm with combustion support? Although, scorching ray applies stronger debuff to enemy resists and that's why it's popular. You can try something different but it will be weaker. As for other attacks to apply EE maybe vortex or cold snap with CwDT?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info