Patch 3.3 4.7m Shaper dps - Max Block Blade Flurry - Gladiator [NOT A BUDGET BUILD]

"
You stated you have 4.7M shaper DPS but your build in PoB with only realistic configuration options on has 2.3M shaper DPS on 'Release at 6 Stages' mode or 1.7M shaper DPS on much more realistic '6 Stages' mode. Shaper is not shocked because you have no sources which can apply 50% shock on him. Your PoB link has lvl 100 character which is ridiculous because your maximum level is 93 and your gladiator level is 90. So DPS was calculated with lvl 93 character. And all damage is based on your insane 477 pDPS 1H sword which means for real builds with realistic 300 pDPS 1H sword this build will have 1.5 times less DPS. Also you enabled option "always on full life" which gives you 50% more DPS but you are not always on full life so your real shaper DPS is even lower. And last, but not least: all legacy items was replaced by their non-legacy counterparts. Long story short: actual shaper DPS of this build is roughly ~1M.

On level 93 your build has only 4.6k life which is too low especially for "Abyssus" user.

You stated your build has "Max Block" but your block chance is only 71(72)% which is not only beyond 75% achievable by any character but also far beyond 79% which gladiator with "Violent Retaliation" ascendancy can have.

And why you marked your build as 3.3 patch in title? You are using "Craiceann's Carapace" unique body armour which was exclusive to 3.2 bestiary league and is inaccessible in 3.3 patch.

Your passive tree choices are below "perfect" or even "good" and there is much more things about this build far away from "good" (for example absence of life flask). I realize sharing a build you like is a good thing but before share it you need to make is realistic and playable, and, to be honest, you need to learn game mechanics better before you can make good build guide to share it with others.

Best regards.

I can see you go into build guides exspecting a showcase of the lowest possible damage and defence.
I made this build guide with intend to showcase the builds maximum potential. I realise this isn't an accurate build guide in that it doesn't account for the downtimes on all the effects, however as i stated many time in this guide, it is not a budget build, and hence not a starter build, meaning that most likely only players with a decent amount experience in the game would try to make it.

I do have some lovely video's that showcase the build in action, with the purpose of ppl being able to draw a conclusion of wether they wanna try it out or not.

As the for reason i put the patch up in the title:
In later updates, stats are likely to change and so if someone find this sometime in the future, they will be aware of why the stats might not be the same.

I understand you possibly have some sort of justification for being a bit of adick, but i would imagine you know the mechanics of humans enough to know that it usually doesn't create any sort of usefull conclusion.

best regards
4.7k life with abyssus... -_-
"
Danikorulezzz wrote:
4.7k life with abyssus... -_-

i mean, that really depends on you're gearing choices ^^ i personally have 5.1k life, and i haven't had any problems so far ^^
I like how you have every dps option ticked and all dps flasks active. With 120k average hit on blade flurry you will only get a 5% shock effect on guardians and less on shaper. The means the shock effect you have ticked is 10x more than what you are actually doing. Legacy Abyssus, no life, you spend 6 points to grab forces of nature for under 2% dps increase per point which could be put towards life. You build can probably get to 2m dps with flasks up in ideal situations and great gear.
"
Moneru wrote:
I like how you have every dps option ticked and all dps flasks active. With 120k average hit on blade flurry you will only get a 5% shock effect on guardians and less on shaper. The means the shock effect you have ticked is 10x more than what you are actually doing. Legacy Abyssus, no life, you spend 6 points to grab forces of nature for under 2% dps increase per point which could be put towards life. You build can probably get to 2m dps with flasks up in ideal situations and great gear.

Its true that you generally wont be able to shock the shaper, but lets look at what you're saying here mate,
i wont touch on the whole every dps option thing, because, cmon mate... take a second look.
In the guide i've quite clearly stated the danger of running abyssus, and given an alternative.
as to your worry about the ideal sistuation and great gear:
i stated in the guide that this clearly wasn't a budget build, and as for shaper, the build is easily capeble of of taking down shaper within the 4seconds that the average duration of flasks are.

and really mate, just look at the video and decide if you wanna play it...
"
My reason for going with Blade Flurry is it remains the highest damaging melee attack not utilizing dual wield.

Thanks for the build! I think I will try to optimize this slightly but it looks great. What would be better if you wanted to use dual wield instead?
Last edited by PyromonkeyGG on Aug 13, 2018, 8:59:10 PM
"
PyromonkeyGG wrote:
"
My reason for going with Blade Flurry is it remains the highest damaging melee attack not utilizing dual wield.

Thanks for the build! I think I will try to optimize this slightly but it looks great. What would be better if you wanted to use dual wield instead?

i've changed the build myself to optimize some dmg, with bloodlust you'll reach much higher dmg, however you need your ancestral protecter to apply bleed.
theres a lot you can do.

Dualwielding will give you a lot more dmg.. dualwielding has an hiden effect granting you 15% Blockchance, and with the blockchance corruption on the weapons, you can most deffinetly run this effectively with dualwield.. i will say however that with dualwielding i'd run with a devoto's for everything but endgame bosses
build link. I dont use and cannot use paste bin.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info