Liege of Primordial question, elementalist

Just made a Poet's Pen Elementalist past level 70. Probably the easiest thing so far to be able to dual wield Pen at level 12. LOL

Anyway, I've seen clips of Golem builds but one thing I haven't seen is Elementalist that uses Golem to buff her and she is the main attack.

I need some clarification on Liege of Primordial. It says you gain 20% Increased Damage for each Golem summoned. So if I have 3 of them out, I get 60% damage buff? Is this pretty amazing if you want to be the main damage dealer?

Second, 25% increased buff effect granted by Golem. Take Fire Golem for example. It gives 20% Increased Damage. If I have 4 Fire Golem out, I get 100% increased buff effect? Or this 25% increased buff effect is for each type of Golem out? There are 5 types so it's 125% increased buff effect? This part is confusing to me.

Any advice ? Can I just build having Golems to buff me instead of a full Golem summon build?
Last edited by chinesefoodverygood on Jul 12, 2018, 12:40:39 PM
Last bumped on Jul 12, 2018, 7:39:23 PM
For each Summoned Golem you gain buff and damage in addition to what golem grant.
Golem are not so popular in end game for common builds as the mods like chain, monsters attack that explode on impact, loading into zone with glomes activate monsters before you move, they die to often and such.
Enough to say some build find them to be problem magnets, compared to benefits they grant but again elementalist got them tankier and with way more benefits so try and see.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Jul 12, 2018, 12:31:39 PM
"
I need some clarification on Liege of Primordial. It says you gain 20% Increased Damage for each Golem summoned. So if I have 3 of them out, I get 60% damage buff? Is this pretty amazing if you want to be the main damage dealer?

That is correct.

"
Second, 25% increased buff effect granted by Golem. Take Fire Golem for example. It gives 20% Increased Damage. If I have 4 Fire Golem out, I get 100% increased buff effect? Or this 25% increased buff effect is for each type of Golem out? There are types so it's 125% increased buff effect? This part is confusing to me

With four active golems, you would have 100% increased effect of the Buffs granted by your golems. A level 20 Flame Golem grants you 20% increased damage; this would be therefore increased to be 40%.

Note that buffs from more than one of the same type of golem don't stack: with four Flame Golems, you would still only get a 40% damage increase from the buff. If you had two Flame Golems and two Lightning Golems instead, you would get 40% increased damage and 18% increased attack and cast speed.

"
Any advice ? Can I just build having Golems to buff me instead of a full Golem summon build?

Yes. In fact most builds will run some kind of a golem to passively boost some of their stats, even if you are not an Elementalist or don't pick the golem nodes. They give a small increase; but an increase nonetheless. And all they cost you to run is one gem socket.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jul 12, 2018, 12:41:00 PM
Wow. So the 20% and 25% buffs do stack. That's interesting. So it's possible to make a hybrid build where both you and the Golems deal decent damage then? Because I've only seen full golem builds where the caster does little.

As Poet Pin build, with 3 golems I get 60% constant damage buff and 75% increased buffs. That's not bad at all!

Any good hybrid build out there? It may be good to have 5 different active golems to benefit all the effects (or minus Ice if I only use spells). I just don't know how to key bind them. LOL
Last edited by chinesefoodverygood on Jul 12, 2018, 1:00:45 PM
I plan to make a Golem build but I have not decided on which type of Golem.

In terms of skill tree, it is pretty much the same for every golem build right ? Since we need mostly jewel slots? I am debating Ice or Lighting Golem. Do I run the skill tree differently?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info