Build of the Week: The SpelliCopter

fantastic idea. love it!
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Still no word from GGG? I really want clarification on this since as far as I understand, what is not allowed is keybinding MULTIPLE ACTIONS on one key press like pressing all your flasks using one programmable button on your mouse. So binding ONE ACTION on one mouse scroll should be legal, right? Like what the other guy was trying to do so that he doesn't have to spam left click when spamming currency on items. Saying that it is an unfair advantage to other players since there are mice that are built to scroll so fast with less resistance is a downright stupid argument. It's like saying that buying an SSD for your PC is illegal since it is an unfair advantage for other players since you load areas much faster than a regular HDD, or buying a GTX1080ti is an unfair advantage to other players since you will be able to play triple herald vortex elementalist because your PC can handle the mass graphic demand compared to a player playing split shot with an integrated graphics card.

What's worse is that you featured a build on BoTW using the exact same mechanic, that you supposedly said, was ILLEGAL.
"
mruuh wrote:
You guys really need to take life less seriously.

They could have simply announced in a bland news post that they are aware of this too-fast-mousewheel-actions exploit thingy and that they will be fixing it soon. Everyone would be indifferent.

Instead, they announced the same thing in this cute and amusing way (although I realize that some of you are too cool and srs bzns to be amused, that's your own fault), brought smile on our faces, and they themselves had some fun making the video. Where's the downside?

It's not even that. Why even post a BOTW, a literal guide and showcase of a build that is intended to showcase the wild builds available in-game so that other players can either try it themselves or learn more about the game, if they are going to literally destroy the build a couple patches later? It completely ruins the point of doing the BOTW because it kills both of the core points behind doing it. It doesn't make any sense. What you call "cute and amusing" I call "A waste of time/resources". They wasted a week build showcase for something they are nerfing. Just goes to show they know just how bad of the most skills in the game are atm that don't use totems, traps or Poet's Pen. It's the same as when they reworked Cold Snap only to nerf it into the dirt before we even reached mid-league.
So I contacted support and they got back to me. They told me rebinding weapon swap to mouse wheel is fine, but ONE ACTION MUST EQUAL ONE BUTTON PRESS.

They also specifically mention that unlocked mouse wheels are not ok. So what is shown in the video would be a bannable offense.
Last edited by Icemasta on Jul 13, 2018, 1:50:48 AM
"
Icemasta wrote:
So I contacted support and they got back to me. They told me rebinding weapon swap to mouse wheel is fine, but ONE ACTION MUST EQUAL ONE BUTTON PRESS.

They also specifically mention that unlocked mouse wheels are not ok. So what is shown in the video would be a bannable offense.

That's just plain bullcrap. It's like saying, purchasing a GTX1080ti is okay but overclocking it is a bannable offense since you are at an advantage against other players who don't overclock their 1080s, let alone those who have worse graphic cards.
"
shua_dy wrote:
"
Icemasta wrote:

That's just plain bullcrap. It's like saying, purchasing a GTX1080ti is okay but overclocking it is a bannable offense since you are at an advantage against other players who don't overclock their 1080s, let alone those who have worse graphic cards.

Lol I use 56k Dial-up for my internet, ban anyone with cable or Fiber-op, because they have an unfair advantage against me.
Too much click click click.

Not good for your nerves.

Better play summoner and click one time per map.
You can always set on keyboard and play piano.
"
By the way, the ability to weapon-swap this quickly will be addressed in 3.4.0, so that builds like this are rate-limited to a speed that doesn't cause issues.

I really hope this is a QoL change, not only to nerf this kind of build.
In my dreams, Weapon Swap will become Equipment Swap, having a secondary slot for every piece of equipment, and not changing a piece if it's empty.
The boss-clear dichotomy is here to stay, so why not give us noob players a helpful tool to make our lives easier? *-*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info