3.3 Chilly Crossfire

One thing I notice in the Scion build list are a distinct lack of archers! Presented here is one of the more robust characters I've ever made. Fun as hell to play too.

The base idea is to exploit Blink and Mirror Arrows, in addition to the Word of War and Mirage Archer to have a huge stream of arrows going every which way. Increased duration nodes allow you to build up an army on longer fights.

So, why Scion? Easy access to good nodes, and access to the Necromancer ascendancy, which boosts our archer army as well as ourselves. I'm also using Inquisitor for the penetration bonus and healing patches, but there are cases to be made for other choices.

I'm using Lionseye Glare and Drillneck for bow and Quiver... can't miss and penetration for bonus damage for both me and my minions. For an armor I'm using Hyrri's Ire, as the huge evade bonus and dodge chances synergizes extremely well with my nodes, and the cold damage is a bonus.

For our primary attack, I've centered on Ice Shot and convert 100% to cold, Elemental Damage with Attacks, use Cold Pentration, Volley Support, added Cold Damage and Hypothermia.

As an autoattack, Mirage Archer is awesome and a GREAT way to spread curses via Curse on Hit. Which curse? Projectile Weakness is a force multiplier for both me and my archer buddies. Greater Multiple projectiles from Lightning Arrow spreads the love, and there may be some minor shocking going on too, as well as auto-chilling and some leeching for health and mana which can happen if I need to boogey. (ice bite is just being levelled right now)

My Blink and Mirror minions are in my helm, which contains a built-in Hypothermia node. Don't really need the accuracy at this point but so far it's the best helmet I can dig up with high health and the bonus damage. Extra duration and fast attacks. These guys last 8.19 seconds.

Boots are pretty much dedicated to speed, resistance, and keeping my stone golem alive. The regen isn't strictly necessary, but it makes things a lot more comfortable and makes sure I don't need to think about getting topped up, etc. Also makes the hakku quests doable.

Other than that we have rings and belt to round our resistances, boost cold damage and chill, more mana regen, and such.

Gloves are everyone's favorite. Just loaded up with miscellaneous effects, no supports. Rallying Cry for durability/healing, Flesh Offering for attack speed, and Hatred aura for bonus damage for everyone. Going for Initimdate on hit.

Lastly, the necklace is Carnage Heart for better leeching (see skill tree) and more damage. Shame that I don't do that much physical damage.

Passive tree is here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAABeAO4DlgPuBWYF-QguCGcJ2Q-rEYEVIBXwFr8ZihmOGo8dviPTJIsmlSdzKk0s6TBxMgEzhzOSNZI31DpCOyg8Sz8nQYdDE0rIS1dLeE3jTipRR1VLWBdZbVuvXkVfmF-wYENh4mHrYlpjp249bqpvJ2-eelN7w311gayCx4LkgwmExYaziq-MNo2_j2CQEZLzlwaaapsmm42btaI-plen1Kl5q7qyGbXytz67476AvrzA48M6xKLKRspKzzLPetN-0_vUI9hN2L3dDd1G3ajfmOCf4q3kau0_7YPuDu968bP22vno-uv7Cf4K_o_-uv7I?accountName=koratrice&characterName=Dierdrean

Notable items... necromancer ascendancy and minion bonus damage in gem slots. Extended skill effect duration nodes, Flash Freeze/Winter skill nodes, Vitality/Spirit Void, Acrobatics and evasion nodes, restitances and health (obviously.) Still using Omen of the Winds, primarily for the AoE boost. Might change at some point.

Basic play is to shoot something with Lightning Arrow to start off the auto-attacking Mirage and spread around curses. Push a Mirror arrow to the front. Maybe Blink also then Rallying Cry to boost Endurance chages, then start firing off the Volley'd Ice Arrow. After a couple of things are dead, Flesh Offering juices the attacks. Repeat Mirror/Blink->Ice till dead.

The high mobility of Blink arrow and high Dodge chance generally keeps you pretty safe. Most things are in a perpetual state of chill even if they're living. Chill synergizes nicely with the Pantheon
bonus of slowing down things that hit you.

Previously had also used the Herald of Ice, but had to give it up while I swapped some gear around until I can get more fire resistance in something other than a ring.

Video may come in a bit.

Last edited by koratrice on Jul 7, 2018, 8:50:58 PM
Last bumped on Jul 7, 2018, 6:58:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info