PoE's audio system is bugged. Loot filter sounds skipping.

So, today I noticed I got a map dropped right in my face but it didn't play a sound.
I thought I had the wrong filter on but it was correct.

Started to do more maps and noticed more drops didn't get sounds, maps & currency both.
I noticed it happens when I crit ALOT of mobs, so when there's 1000 crit sounds going at the same time.
Then sometimes it happens to skip certain sounds from your filter if an item drops.

This way you could potentially miss good drops you might wanna pick up.

I tried with different maps but I'm currently running Burial Chambers.
Tried with and without ground effects, didn't matter.
Tried with reverb on and off, dame happens.
I have high channels selected.

Playing my Arc Crit Trapper btw.
Just now again, 4 currency items dropped and only 3 got a sound.
Did a /bug ID: 3.252.035.353
Another: 3.764.216.485

EDIT: Found the best way to replicate it:
Totem with allies cannot die and spam traps into huge packs, when they die the filter skips sounds.

Please check this out becasue it's kinda game breaking.

Cheers!
Exile 4 life.

"No need to describe fishing in detail, just hint at it."
~Chris 2014
Last edited by masuo112 on Jun 29, 2018, 6:03:28 PM
Last bumped on Sep 11, 2018, 6:12:36 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Getting the same thing, crit arc traps and huge packs being crit and shattered causes it to skip the filter sound. Made my own thread about it but might as well back up another too because this should be a real high priority issue.
sounds like a sound channel issue?
loot sounds should have maximum priority over all other sounds. the entire game revolves around the loot, the code should as well.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
sound perfomances is in general pretty poor in this game.
it costs fps drops and sometimes the sounds hick up; not only the ones from filters.
these issues are ongoing since the beta.

i can confirm your bugs; have the same from time to time.
ign: oberarmklaus
Last edited by vorkasse on Jul 1, 2018, 1:38:48 PM
It actually happened to me in 1 month event before incursion, im 99% sure the filter didnt tell me doctor card dropped even tho i seen it happen right under me.
Been happening to me non stop this league. Worst is when you see a t16 elder map offscreen and it dropped with no sound.... makes you wonder what you have missed - multiple maps? exalts? mirrors Kappa? :(((
this has been going on for as long as lootfilters has been in the game
Yup; this is a big problem.
All that and a bag of chips!
I concur; I think it happens when two items drop almost simultaneously. In that case, only one of the sounds is played.
"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info