[3.3] Elemental Hit the way it was meant to be played (Melee, Elemental Equilibrium)

This build was my league starter in a GSF environment (Group-Self-Found, basically SSF in a small community of players), and is a great all-rounder capable of both fast clears and high-tier mapping while maintaining the true spirit of Elemental Hit.

Obligatory Pros and Cons

+Fast
+Capable of doing end-game content
+Dirt cheap, SSF viable
+A more unique way of playing Elehit

-Can't abuse a lot of trade-league specific things, like insane statsticks
-The damage potential is inferior to high-end damage converted Elehit (thanks ggg)

Pastebin of the current character: https://pastebin.com/FKxDDy8A

Keep in mind that this character was constructed in a GSF environment and is as sub-optimal as they come, so here are my thoughts on every gear piece
Gear

Weapon

This is basically all you need. Very easy to roll with some alt-regals. At first, just rolling high attack speed and master-crafting critical strike chance does the job. For a more advanced claw, you should look for an Elder base. While starting out with this build, I farmed for The Rabid Rhoa divination card in Tier 2 Arid Lake Map, giving me easy early access to an ilvl83 Gemini Claw

Shield

Best in Slot shield, I was very lucky to get my hands on one. If you are not in a trade league and don't have my luck, you would have to substitute it with a rare and try to find some accuracy on other gear pieces. Don't worry, as you will later see, it should not be hard as my jewelry is vendor-tier

Body Armour

A 6l I got from turning in The Chains That Bind cards with a temple corruption does the job. Nothing spectacular here.

A better alternative, this chest is everything you might ever want from a chestpiece. This is the turning point when your clearspeed actually becomes competitive with trade-league builds. Also, Inpulsa's explosions are the most satisfying thing after Herald if Ice explosions, and you have both of them.

Helmet

Nothing special here, really. Just a solid helmet that has a high drop chance. If you can get your hands on a Frostferno, it would be better.

Gloves

Ideally, you would want a Tombfist. They are really cheap in a trade league. In an SSF environment, try adding Abyss Zana mod to maps. Make sure the jewel you socket there is a Murderous one, as Intimidate provides 10% additional damage taken by the intimidated target.

Boots

Just a rare with some life and resistances. You do not need movement speed, as you can shield charge around. This is really the place you want to cover up the holes in your elemental resistances, especially if you are running an MF setup as I did for a while.

Belt

Life, resistances, weapon elemental damage. Flask charge mods are also welcome. A fairly straightforward gear slot

Amulet

A byproduct of me balancing for Wise Oak (more on that later). Nearly anything else would be better. Ideally you want critical strike multiplier or elemental damage with attack to go with it.

Rings

Again, something of a byproduct of Wise Oak juggling. Ideally, you would want a high Elemental Damage with Attacks roll there

Flasks

This is a panic mode flask, not really required by any means. This league, I would advise a Quartz flask over it due to the high effectiveness of Dodge or a Silver flask if you do not have Onslaught on one of your jewels

I would consider an Increased Recovery flask to be mandatory. Also, bleeding immunity is required, but not specific to this flask

A diamond flask is mandatory. Also, freeze immunity is a must, but not on this flask specifically.

An absolutely amazing flask I do not see used nearly as often as it should. Gives you a huge chance to evade attacks just by itself. Also, I prefer Curse Immunity on this flask as it is the easiest one to maintain 100% of the time.

A great flask if you can get your hands on it, though it is not extremely rare. If all your elemental resistances (does not include Chaos!) have the same value, both buffs will apply to all 3 of them, making this flask extremely strong, especially for a mixed-element build, which this is.

Jewels

There are pretty much no mandatory jewels.

A Combat Focus with Cannot Choose Fire is a slight quality-of-life improvement, meaning you are guaranteed to shock and/or freeze every pack, meaning they always explode from Herald of Ice and Inpulsa's. But by no means mandatory.

An Abyss Jewel with Chance to get Onslaught on Kill also helps a lot. This one is really easy to roll just with alterations and should not be a problem.

Other jewels are relatively easy to get, as Elemental Hit benefits from Critical Strike Multiplier with any and all Elements. Attack speed is also a good mod to get. Life is also welcome, though rare.

Passive Tree, Bandits, Pantheon

IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT "PATH OF BUILDING" IS, I SUGGEST GETTING IT AND USING THE PASTEBIN LINK ABOVE

Bandit - help Alira

Pantheons used - Arakaali and Ryslatha. The minor pantheon is up to your preference, Arakaali is nearly mandatory.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAEJBAcFtQceCPQNjQ5IES0RLxGBEZYV_Ra_HNwi9CP2JP0mlSepKPoqCysKLJwwcTB8Nj031DpCOlg9X0WdRfRGUklRSn1LeEyLTLNNklFHUlNTUlSuVUtVxl3yYeJh62KsY6dkr2pDa3psC2yMbRlvV3BSeBl4-XpTfIN90n7dfyt_xoDhg9uHdonTijiMNo19jYGNuY2_jxqQ-pMnlS6XlZf0mK2a4JsmnaqhL6OKshm0xbcXuJO42bzqvorBoMLsyL_N6s960B_UI9YH3UbdSN2o323fiuJe51To1utj6-7tP-4O70vv6_DV_Ez8xf1u_94=?accountName=kroIya&characterName=KroIyaBTW_GSF

Gem links

Your main link is Elemental Hit - Multistrike - Ancestral Call - Elemental Damage With Attacks. On top of that you can use any combination of Increased Critical Strikes, Increased Critical Damage and Hypothermia. Increased Critical Strikes provides the least dps, but is most reliable while clearing.

Your movement skill setup is Shield Charge - Faster Attacks - Fortify. You could use Whirling Blades if you feel like it.

You also need Herald of Ice, Herald of Thunder and Herald of Ash (this one is only mandatory if you hit with Fire, but is a nice aoe boost regardless)

Either Herald of Ice or Herald of Thunder need to be linked with Curse on Hit and Assassin's Mark

I also use Arctic Armour for defensive purposes

For your golem, use any or none of them depending on your preference.

For your totem, use Ancestral Protector - Brutality. Brutality is very important, as otherwise your totem would ruin Elemental Equilibrium

You should also have Blood Rage active at all times

Optionally, use Vaal Grace for a boost of survivability, especially in incursions. You do NOT need Grace, the base aura, active.

Finally, Cast when Damage Taken - Immortal Call is not only great at preventing burst damage, but has a synergy with Blood Rage and Arakaali pantheon

Videos

What your typical mapping looks like (t11 Mesa)
https://youtu.be/2nY4yPOWiyo
Last edited by kroIya on Jul 3, 2018, 12:26:18 PM
Last bumped on Sep 30, 2018, 6:05:55 PM
o/
Last edited by kroIya on Jun 28, 2018, 6:52:45 AM
for what u doing shroud of the lightless is pretty much bis
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
"
Dafii wrote:
for what u doing shroud of the lightless is pretty much bis

Not really, no. You have enough penetration as is, so even in terms of raw damage it loses to a temple corrupted 6l, given that added damage does not benefit you much. In terms of clear speed, however, Inpulsa's is unmatched.
Hey, I was having the same idea before the league start and glad that someone has the same thought as me haha
anyway, I have been enjoying the build so far but 1 problem seems to keep recuring...
Do any of you have trouble with high density mobs?
My game client seems to crash everytime while clearing a large pack of mobs, namely inside the incursion...
If you guys did have this problem too, how do you manage it?
I have a 8C cpu and geforce 1080 so should be more than enough to run the triple herald elemental hit setup...
"
pacotang wrote:

i5 and GTX 660 here, I think I have never crashed to density. I don't think hardware is the problem, so look further into it
Last edited by kroIya on Jul 17, 2018, 5:50:24 AM
"
pacotang wrote:
Hey, I was having the same idea before the league start and glad that someone has the same thought as me haha
anyway, I have been enjoying the build so far but 1 problem seems to keep recuring...
Do any of you have trouble with high density mobs?
My game client seems to crash everytime while clearing a large pack of mobs, namely inside the incursion...
I have a 8C cpu and geforce 1080 so should be more than enough to run the triple herald elemental hit setup...

i don't crash but i freeze up for about a second many times when killing things. just happens when you 1 shot entire packs. game can't handle it
Yea I think is not the hardware problem.
I went to check with my cousin's comps, they have relatively lower specs but managed to get through incursions and high density mobs pack with ease...

One thing I noticed is that they both are using the steam client whereas me and my brother's (we both crashed and have similar specs) are using the GGG client... maybe that's one of the reason...
I'll be downloading the steam client again.

I actually was using the steam client before I upgrade cause ever since Tencent bought most of the shares, I noticed there was a bigger lag during gameplays than before and hypothesised that because Tencent is taking a cut so GGG was intentionally making the steam client less fluent as to force player from using it and prevent Steam from taking a cut into the profit XD
Anyway, enough non-sense haha I'll try the steam client when is ready and let everyone knows if there are people having the same issue as me.
"
pacotang wrote:
Yea I think is not the hardware problem.
I went to check with my cousin's comps, they have relatively lower specs but managed to get through incursions and high density mobs pack with ease...

One thing I noticed is that they both are using the steam client whereas me and my brother's (we both crashed and have similar specs) are using the GGG client... maybe that's one of the reason...
I'll be downloading the steam client again.

I actually was using the steam client before I upgrade cause ever since Tencent bought most of the shares, I noticed there was a bigger lag during gameplays than before and hypothesised that because Tencent is taking a cut so GGG was intentionally making the steam client less fluent as to force player from using it and prevent Steam from taking a cut into the profit XD
Anyway, enough non-sense haha I'll try the steam client when is ready and let everyone knows if there are people having the same issue as me.

Turns out I have to lower the setting to 1080p...
How sad...
But I haven't tried the steam client, yet I don't have any motivation to do so now XD
Was Toying around with the same Char when i read the Elemenatal Hit changes, I love that Build of yours but will make slight changes, as cannot choose fire was my first elehit jewel (5ex are easier to get than threshold jewels, fix your game GGG)

Just 6linked an inpulsas, what would be you choices for a 6l inpulsa? My plan is Elehit, Multi, ancestreal/ruthless, edwa and thats where Im lost... At the Moment i use PCoc, which feels good, but i also have to use poachers mark, because im only lvl 5x and my accurcy is shit. i plan on using HoI and Hot with aa or blasphemy+assa later.

I might get a lvl 3 empower, before Flashback, but that depends on if i wanna Play my arc Trapper or my kB Trapper anymore... :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info