[3.3] 1.2m Shaper Atziri's Reflection/Coward's Legacy Arc Totems [Uber Elder Down]

Introduction
So, you're either rich or you're lucky. If you're like me, you saw Atziri's Reflection spoiled in 3.2 and knew you wanted to build around it. You were probably disappointed to find out that it was nearly impossible to acquire last season as well. Well, times have changed: it is quite possible to attain in 3.3 (I got mine for "only" 20 exalted!). When combined with Coward's Legacy and Pain Attunement, this build permanently has 30% increased spell damage, period. While the numbers still don't compete with endgame Shimmeron in pure DPS, this build feels way smoother (especially for clearing) because you can 1) Shield Charge 2) use your actual ring slots for defense. You also don't have Temp Chains on you to slow you down, ever, and curse mapped mods are your best friend.

If this build gets any attention, I'll continue fleshing out this guide.

Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/uLTyhxvT

Playstyle

The playstyle is pretty simple: in boss fights, drop as many totems frequently to keep curses on you for Self-Flagellation bonus (while letting them sit to DPS when you get to a nice number of curses). Keep Arcane Surge up by casting Conductivity. Cast Vaal Haste when it's up and Vaal Clarity when you take damage and your mana pool dips low to defense.

For clearing, simply keep dashing and drop 1/2 totems and keep going to maximize clear speed. This build isn't top tier speed like BV, but it's pretty damn fast.

Gear


Note: My gear is far from ideal, and with more money, you can easily push this a lot further than I did. Most of my money went into the shield and then I was broke!

Why Atziri's Reflection and Coward's Legacy? Simply, you get the benefits of being on Low Life without experiencing the side effects of Vulnerability, and to boot you always have one free curse on you for Self-Flagellation. Soul Mantle obviously gives you other curses. One other fun interaction: Panicked flasks always give you FULL, INSTANT HEAL of about 2-3k. This is actually, more or less, your sustain plan - yes, you have life regen + blood rage combo as well as tons of mana regen for MoM, but in the end, basically healing to full at an instant is pretty OP (especially when combined with the Soul of Ryslatha Pantheon, which also is always active and gives you a 60% recovery boost).

Why Kaom's Roots? Simply, you're giving up two sources of life on your gear (Shield and Belt), so the build ends up being a bit light on max life and squishy for my tastes. You don't actually need the Gem Sockets (everything else is gravy). You move fast with Shield Charge, so movespeed doesn't matter. And also, being immune to Freeze is sweet (and Kaom's Roots make Uber Elder WAY easier, trust me). I don't actually have the boot enchant yet because Uber Lab is trolling me, but ideally this should be 2% regen.

Why my weird dagger? Honestly, I could probably do better, but it was cheap. You will need about 50 dext SOMEWHERE from an item - Amulet is a pretty safe bet for this. Attack speed on a dagger is a MUST for clear speed - don't underestimate how much it helps Shield Charge (in combination with Blood Rage, zoom zoom).

Other Options: If you want to increase your DPS, an easy way to do so is to instead Equip Essence Wurm and put a Wrath in there. This actually is a MASSIVE increase in damage - but you'll need to likely get boots that have resists on them (unless you have godlike resists on your Helmet/Gloves, in which case, more power to you). I just didn't feel I needed more damage.

Links

Body Armor: Arc/Added Lightning Damage/Controlled Destruction/Lightning Penetration/Increased Critical Strikes/Elemental Focus

Weapon: Shield Charge/Faster Attacks/Fortify

Shield: Vaal Clarity/Increased Duration/Vaal Haste

Helm/Gloves: Conductivity/Level 11 Arcane Surge/Increased AoE/Spell Cascade

Helm/Gloves: Immortal Call Level 4/Cast When Damage Taken Level 2/Blood Rage Level 6/Enfeeble Level 5


Notes: Blood Rage can be higher level and self cast, I'm just lazy. It gives you movement speed and combos with Immortal Call and Pantheon Soul of Arakaali to give you more life regen, which works well with your boot enchant, which should be 2% regen). Also, my dagger gives me faster attacks, so I have a lightning golem in this slot for increased DPS

Bandits

Kill all. No other options - you need the skill points.

Last edited by Semantic on Jun 26, 2018, 2:10:47 AM
Last bumped on Jun 26, 2018, 2:44:05 AM
no faster attacks support linked to shield charge?
edit: ok I see, faster attacks is built in.
why not insert culling strike 20% quality into the dagger and get 10% increased APS and possibility to finish bosses with movement skill?
Last edited by RushBone on Jun 26, 2018, 2:23:57 AM
"
Completed 3 ChallengesRushBone wrote:
no faster attacks support linked to shield charge?
edit: ok I see, faster attacks is built in.
why not insert culling strike 20% quality into the dagger and get 10% increased APS and possibility to finish bosses with movement skill?


Actually that’s what I had originally, but decided I would rather have Lightning Golem in the slot for totem dps increase. Gotta be conservative with gem sockets when using Kaom’s Roots :)
Last edited by Semantic on Jun 26, 2018, 2:29:03 AM
"
Completed 13 ChallengesSemantic wrote:
"
Completed 3 ChallengesRushBone wrote:
no faster attacks support linked to shield charge?
edit: ok I see, faster attacks is built in.
why not insert culling strike 20% quality into the dagger and get 10% increased APS and possibility to finish bosses with movement skill?


Actually that’s what I had originally, but decided I would rather have Lightning Golem in the slot for totem dps increase.

lightning golem is a must have anyway so if you have no other free slot nowhere...
do you really need vaal clarity?
"
Completed 3 ChallengesRushBone wrote:
"
Completed 13 ChallengesSemantic wrote:
"
Completed 3 ChallengesRushBone wrote:
no faster attacks support linked to shield charge?
edit: ok I see, faster attacks is built in.
why not insert culling strike 20% quality into the dagger and get 10% increased APS and possibility to finish bosses with movement skill?


Actually that’s what I had originally, but decided I would rather have Lightning Golem in the slot for totem dps increase.

lightning golem is a must have anyway so if you have no other free slot nowhere...
do you really need vaal clarity?


Probably not, but I also actually use low level clarity so I can get the Watcher’s Eye effect. Plus Vaal Clarity is a nice defensive option. It’s all preference - I could also use culling strike.

"
Completed 13 ChallengesSemantic wrote:


Probably not, but I also actually use low level clarity so I can get the Watcher’s Eye effect. Plus Vaal Clarity is a nice defensive option. It’s all preference - I could also use culling strike.


that makes it clearer, please add your jewels to the gear section :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info