Please explain Charged Dash to me :S

The skill description is really confusing and apparently it has mechanics that are not even mentioned on the gem. Wiki says the pulse hits once every 2 attacks, which is not mentioned anywhere on the skill which gives a wrong impression on how good the channeling is. My questions are as follows:

1)If I understand correctly, the "Final wave deals 75% of Damage per stage" attributes to the wave on release and doesn't apply to the waves during channeling?
2)"Deals 150% more Damage while Channelling if Mirage has finished moving" obviously applies to waves during channeling, but will it apply to the final wave damage as well?

I did some testing and the pulse per 2 attacks that the wiki states seems correct, so effectively at gem level 20 while channeling the base DPS is 73.65% and 184.2% if the marker stopped moving? If you're releasing, the release wave compensates for the pre stopped marker dps but it still is effectively in the 180-190% base DPS ballpark, if the line from 2) doesn't apply to the final wave. If that's so then the skill is really unimpressive, but if the line from 2) also applies to the final wave the base DPS is around 373.68% which would put it a bit above BF's level.
Last bumped on Jun 24, 2018, 3:56:25 PM
Line from 2 doesn't apply to the final wave. The final wave can only deal damage after you've stopped channeling, putting the base dps around 180 to 190 (I believe I calculated it as 184.2% before).

Source: used CD a lot (to level 90) and read some posts in the Skill Feedback Forum & Mechanics Thread all indicating continuous channeling/damage of release deal the same DPS.

It's almost OP for dealing damage while moving (a la Cyclone), but its single-target DPS is quite meh. Try supplementing with a Warchief or swapping to a Blade Flurry setup for bosses.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info