need help for blast rain trapper items

hi there. i hope i found the right channel to ask for some help with item choices.

i´ve levelled my chin sol blast rain crit trapper (sabotour) to 62 now, so things get serious now.

first problem:
i bought this 2 cute helmets for some reason.

this are my options.
fyi: i will go for kaoms heart and obviously chin sol but it might be hard to afford a 6 link one; 5 link wouldn`t be that much of a deal, but with that and kaoms heart i should be broke ;)

so which option is better for me? the rare one is damagewise like a good 6-link right? with blast rain, trap support, cluster traps, and probably elemental damage on attacks (g-g-g-r should be easy to get on helmet). but starkonjas is suggested in the guide as a needed defensive item.. hmm.

second problem:

this cutie:

but i can´t find the resistances to fit in an essence worm to go for both damage auras.
(i wear effigon amulet and maloney´s quiver for allround nice work against blinded mobs)
right now i just use anger

how good is it to go for these auras anyway? is essence worm even enough to go for it? i mean this build eats a lot of mana.

that´s it for now. i hope you can give me some advices. feel free to ask if you need more information.

thanks in advance.
Last edited by Ungeziemt on Jun 20, 2018, 2:40:09 AM
Last bumped on Jun 21, 2018, 9:27:27 PM
It's not worth it to go 2x Essence Worm just to benefit from both Watcher's Eye mods. Just go with Anger to scale your fire damage up. With that rare helmet I do not think that you need a 6-linked Chin Sol. The Shaper-influenced gloves are more to my liking for a trapper, but you can of course go with that helmet. I'd use Chin Sol for 4-link + 2-link or 2 3-links instead. I wouldn't see how you'd benefit from a second 6-link.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
thanks.

topic 1:
hmm, trapper gloves? i dont find any support skill on those, besides trap support, that is tier 1 for that build. slower projectiles might make blast rain even more clunky to use against moving targets.
or is it mainly about "Skills which Throw Traps throw up to 1 additional Trap"?

the good thing would be, that i could use my blast rain starkonja. hm. but you stil lthink it is better to use a pseudo 6link helmet/or gloves, that just put the main skill into a 5 or 6 link chil sol?

topic 2:

i didn´t even think about using 2 essence worms, that would suck. was thinking about just using 1. and was wondering if that would be enough to run both auras in any way. might not be the case.
oh okay, i saw good buffs to crit multi and added fire damage on gloves too. maybe i can get a hand on some cute ones, but they seem more expensive than helmets, too.
some more input please? ;)
Well, you cannot do much wrong when choosing gloves for your 6-link. Saves you fusings on your bow. Just go with it and do some testing what you like best :)
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
i´m doing quite fine with my helmet now. don´t see affordable gloves being better. ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info