Dual Totem Trapper Build - would love some feedback!

Hey guys!

I was thinking of starting a Templar with Ancestral Bond. The build is influenced by YeahPete's Fire Trapper but I switched some things around.

Skills:
Bear Trap + Added Lightning
Fire Trap + Concentrated Effect
Spell Totem + Arc + Chain
Raise Zombies or Summon Skeletons + Added Lightning

Curses:
Flammability or Elemental Weakness
Enfeeble

Auras:
Clarity, Purity & Hatred + Reduced Mana
Anger, Discipline & Wrath + BM

I am still trying to decide between two specs. The first one goes all the way into the shadow tree to pick up DPS nodes. The second one goes down into the marauder starting area for survivability. Here are the two in order:

Build 1 (Shadow Option)

Build 2 (Marauder Option)

Some thoughts:

1) This build is for Hardcore. Please consider that for any feedback!

2) I use Arc on the totems to get some shock stacks on mobs and to initially deal lightning dmg. This is further supported by Lightning Dmg on the Zombies and Static Blows

3) I then use Fire Traps which deal more dmg due to EE, curses and Concentrated Effect

4) I use Zombies or Skeletons both as meat shield and DPS dealer (Lightning Dmg + Fire Dmg with Minion Instability). I am not planning on using them simultaneously though. I would use Zombies for regular mobs where I can be sure to have enough bodies to respawn new ones and skeletons for bosses where there might not be enough bodies (Brutus, Piety)

5) Eldritch Battery, Inner Force and high INT give me the mana pool that I need to run multiple auras and still have enough to keep my traps up

6) Gear-wise I plan on using a wand for +spell dmg, either a Kite Shield for +all res or a Spirit Shield for +spell dmg and Armour/ES hybrid gear

Questions:

1) I am still considering Hex Master. Do you guys think it would be a good choice for this build? I'm not sure if the invested points are worth it...

2) I think that the second build is the better one since it has more survivability for HC. I would still be interested on your feedback and which build you prefer. I'm always open for suggestions to improve the build if you think that I should relocate certain points!

3) I have the feeling that even the second build might be too frail for endgame content. I have 225% increased life but no ES, no evasion and relatively low armour. I have my meat shields but against hard hitting mobs they might go down to soon. I've never played a summoner before, so was just wondering what you guys think about it...

Any other comments are welcome! Thanks a lot for any constructive feedback! :)
Last edited by Afghani84 on Mar 3, 2013, 7:51:25 AM
any thoughts on the build?
Hey there, I was talking with pete about he firetrap build he has and my differences with mine (Been playing this for 2 weeks)

The build you listed is pretty much what I was starting with changed from, I spent over 60 regret orbs doing tests and this is the build I have come up with for max firetrap damage

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/220592

Enjoy :D

(PS - Great Minds Think Alike)
Drop the added lightning dmg and put on minion damage for the zombies. Also I would take off added lightning to bear trap and just put added fire to maximize dmg. Since the totems will be hitting so often pretty much any other attack you don't want as lightning damage.

For auras throw on a Hatred for more zombie cold dmg and insane bear trap dmg which will also trigger the EE.

Also PM me when u get a decent level so I can see ur build in person
IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967
Last edited by YeahPete on Mar 5, 2013, 12:54:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info