/\/\/\ 3.5 /\/\ Unholy Fire /\/\ #1 DOT Build /\/\/\ < RF + Wicker + Deaths Oath + Bleed + Poison >

I made this unique and fun build I would like to share with you all.. it is kind of out there so I assume it will take some explanation but I will get started with the basics for now and expand upon the thread as time goes on/questions are asked etc.

Pros:
The easiest build you will ever play. Period.
Fast clear speed
Insanely high life leech (~12% physical leech)
Enough life regeneration to sustain RF
Death Aura
High bleed damage
High poison damage

Cons:
Expensive and can be hard to find the proper gear.

Explanation Of The Build:
Spoiler

One of my favorite characters I had in D2 was a Holy Fire paladin, therefore I really wanted to try an RF build, but could not find any that really striked my interest so I decided to theorycraft my own.

The intent was to blend a melee bleed and poison build with RF. This gives significantly higher single target damage which I find RF builds usually lack, while still maintaining the incredibly fast clear speed and quality of life that an RF build gives.

To further increase the damage over time potential of this build and utilize my skill tree and jewels, I also found that the new version of Death's Oath scales incredibly well with this build.

Along with the addition of a Wicker Man spectre, this build is the most ridiculous damage over time imaginable.

Gear and Gem Links:
Spoiler

Flasks:
Spoiler

Passive Skill Tree and Jewels(Level 96)

Ascendancy Choice
Spoiler
Scion
Slayer
Chieftan
Path of the Marauder

Bandit Choice
Spoiler
Help Oak
- 1% Life Regen, 2% Phys Reduction, 20% Physical Damage
- for this build this outweights +2 passive points even if the only benefit was 1% life regeneration

Pantheon Choice
Spoiler
Arakaali
Shakari

Gameplay:
Spoiler
Instructions:
You will want a burning miscreation (wicker man) spectre. These can be found in maps with the Inhabited by Demons mod. The higher the tier your spectre comes from, the higher its damage and health will be.

Summon a Wicker Man
Turn on Righteous Fire
Run around like a chicken with your head cut off and watch things die
Spam cleave on rares/bosses to apply bleed and poisons and to proc fortify from Overwhelming Odds.

Gameplay Video:

Hope you enjoy :)
Last edited by ChopsToChapo on Dec 19, 2018, 11:56:31 AM
Last bumped on Dec 29, 2018, 2:57:34 PM
I am going to try this out. I have always been drawn to DoT builds. I do have a few questions but I can wait until you flesh out things like build order etc.. Thanks for this unique build. How are you inflicting bleeding? I see boosts to bleed but no bleed on your weapons.
Last edited by LordShaddai on Jun 18, 2018, 6:11:36 PM
You will have 100% chance to bleed as well as poison with the legacy Voidheart ring, if wanting to run this in league you can do it with a nonlegacy voidheart and switching around some passive points to hit the 100% or close to it (you are near multiple options for this on the tree)
Wow, this build looks very-very wicked! And that helm is just "Oh My God!". How many essences have you used during creation of this masterpiece of madness? :D
Video added to the original post :)

"
Wow, this build looks very-very wicked! And that helm is just "Oh My God!". How many essences have you used during creation of this masterpiece of madness? :D

Haha it took a few but I got relatively lucky considering how bad it could have been :D
"
ChopsToChapo wrote:
Video added to the original post :)

"

Haha it took a few but I got relatively lucky considering how bad it could have been :D

By the way, what kind of essence did you use to craft this beautiful helmet?
So I'm still working on this build. Currently lvl 66 but I am taking tons of damage. I have most of the items you have have built properly but I feel there isn't enough physical defense in this build. I am able to regenerate most damage back but my HP is constantly diving towards zero. How are you dealing with physical crits etc?
"
By the way, what kind of essence did you use to craft this beautiful helmet?

Essences of Horror for the 30% more Ele Damage.
"
LordShaddai wrote:
So I'm still working on this build. Currently lvl 66 but I am taking tons of damage. I have most of the items you have have built properly but I feel there isn't enough physical defense in this build. I am able to regenerate most damage back but my HP is constantly diving towards zero. How are you dealing with physical crits etc?

When you complete your ascendancy and pantheon that will help alot with damage reduction.

With slayer you do not stop leeching at full life, so usually all it takes is a few swings every once in a while to keep that extra regen from leech up and I have no problem staying at full hp.
Last edited by ChopsToChapo on Jun 22, 2018, 6:49:33 PM
looks promising but ... that weapon and the helm ... so much doe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info