Uber Lab Client Crashes - Nobody Expects Perfection

Hello!

Three times today, while helping my fellow exiles with uber lab, I got a client crash. When a client crash happens, it is immensely frustrating given how lab is designed.

I understand there's always going to be crashes. No code is perfect. But can there be a system to help mitigate the problem? That's that I suggest.

The game already has a way to distinguish the difference between a manual logout versus a client crash -- six second(?) grace period versus user input. How about when the grace period expires, when the user logs back in, prompt them if they want to return to the lab at the last zone point. Or, heck, return them automatically.

Pros:
Much, much less frustrating on the player-base, and time/money isn't wasted.

Cons:
This can be quite hard to handle, server side. What happens if the person client crashed one minute before the lab resets? Do they get put back in the old lab or new? How does the server distinguish? (This might be why this feature has not been implemented. I would guess new tech is needed to extend a lockout for 30 minutes, or something.)

Regardless, something needs to be done to help this atrocity.
Otherwise, great league, GGG!

-Data
Last edited by Datachanger on Jun 17, 2018, 3:53:07 PM
Last bumped on Jan 12, 2019, 7:15:22 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
+1 to client crashes. This time I was carrying two people! Twice the guilt!

/bump
+1
I hate doing lab... just played lots of maps and was logged in smoothly for hours, but when I decided to go for uber lab just for the points, I got disconnected in the middle of it. That just makes me hate it even more. I don't even feel like playing for at least a couple days because of this.
why is lab one try only? is there any viable commercial reason for this change? all maps/leagues/atziri have 6 portals, why the break from norm? if you want it one try better ensure your net/server 100% working. sucks to have a full key run cockblocked by crashing
"
EdenRage wrote:
if you want it one try better ensure your net/server 100% working.

Even if your net/server is pristine PERFECT, you are still at the mercy of the random client crashes. That's why I have the above suggestion, if they want to maintain the one-try mechanic.
In case you were wondering... no, the client crashes, the same ones, are still not fixed.
+1 to disappointed carries!
If the client would be capable to send requests to the server @"This is a crash, don't punish me", there would be hacks to emulate it imho, it's as simple as that.

I think that the point in the lab is that Izaro should not be zerged and adds a layer of difficulty in that sense ( and the reward from it is quite huge ).
That say ... crashes do suck a lot in the lab, that's no doubt, it has been getting better though.
Have you reported those crash ? The only thing that you could do is report it so that they might fix it in the future imho, as annoying as those crashes are.

I got couple of stupid crashes too recently, just by taking a portal into a map ... but luckily not in the lab.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 4, 2018, 9:44:29 AM
I dk what system are u using but i can report this;
i did 500 chests open challenge means 100+ labs this league and i had 0 client crashes.
Nvm the uber lab i ve never got client crash this entire league.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
"
EdenRage wrote:
why is lab one try only? is there any viable commercial reason for this change? all maps/leagues/atziri have 6 portals, why the break from norm? if you want it one try better ensure your net/server 100% working. sucks to have a full key run cockblocked by crashing

Pretty sure it's just complacency on GGG's part.

They didn't want to let players cheese Izaro by instalogging and portalling back in, but they couldn't be arsed to come up with a fair re-entry system.
+1 to OP. Happened to me just last night in Uber Lab.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info