Uber Trials

Ok... I promised myself I'd wait another 100 maps before complaining about this, and I've done it.

Uber Trials in the league are a problem. You can't complete your character's build without them and you can't get them except by luck or breaking SSF. Not going to happen for many of us. There needs to be a better way.

1) Make "unfound" trials more likely than found ones.
2) Give us a way to force trials to occur, perhaps a zana mod or something in the machine... perhaps a offering or two.
3) Just get rid of them all together.
4) Radically increase the chance that a trial is generated in a map when you haven't completed the trials yet.
5) Only require any 5 of 6 to enter lab and give some stupid bonus if you complete all six.
6) Make the requirement to enter the lab the 6 trials OR level 85 (85 being overleveled by 10 for the area... really?)

All sorts of solutions. Probably done close to 200 maps... counting temples as a measure.
Found this:
Found these:
But haven't yet found that stupid sixth trial. Stupid.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jun 17, 2018, 11:45:43 AM
Last bumped on Jun 24, 2018, 7:29:15 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Grats on the mirror.

I tried suggesting this a while ago. Prepare for:

"Game is not balanced around SSF"

"Use global 820 for precious player interaction"
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Yay, mirror! Grats man. :)

As for the topic, absolutely, totally, yes, and then some.

I got my final 6th trial on my 3rd character at level 84 (the others are 86 and 85). I've completely lost count how many times an already-completed trial popped up, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was >100. This time it was the Lingering Pain one that eluded me. Such an apt name, that.

It feels really bad to be honest.
Remember what Chris said he said it was okay

OMEGALUL

CUZ IN HIS EXPERIENCE IT'S FINE
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
Grats on the mirror.

I tried suggesting this a while ago. Prepare for:

"Game is not balanced around SSF"

"Use global 820 for precious player interaction"

Both true, but some things like trials and atlas completion should not require trade, chat, etc.
Mine is "Crippling Grief". Appropriately named.
"
Well Chris also stated that the trials originally were designed to be ten times as rare and that we should be happy that they are as "common" as they are =)

Again at this point SSF was not a thing. And honestly, they basically already told people if you are playing SSF you are basically shooting yourself in the foot. I don't think it would be too unreasonable to make trials you havent finished more common. I mean they did that for unexplored maps.

"

Grats for the mirror.

How much value does a mirror actually have in SSF?^^

The mirror has next to no value other than it fills up an empty space in your currency tab. The only use I could think of for it would be to copy a really nice ring... but it would have to be a really nice ring.
7) Make lab trials account-wide, instead of being bound to a league. We don't have to save the Scion in every league either. >.>

8) Let us put an Offering into the map device to spawn a random trial, like you can do with Sacrifice Fragments.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jun 17, 2018, 7:06:48 PM
Those are listed...

"Get rid of trials all together" is the same as account wide... for most of us.

Since a trial pretty much guarantees an offering, the cost to force a trial should be more than one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info