Fire Templar(Caster)

Hey everyone, just wondering what y'all think of my build...Lol

This is my passive build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEC4wQHBLMFWwdjB6UI9BJpE1sUTRZvFvMXHBmFGjgabB8CJIskqiY8KU8qjSycLR8vnTbFNtg26TvhPQ89X0NjRtdJG0myTdhSU1XGVdZXK1j1XcZgbWTnZp5tGXFNcXlzU3kDeuZ8u31Tfll_xoFvghCCm4M4h2WIG4t6i4yMdo9Gj6aQVZeFl5Waz5wtnYCdrp3EnjyiAKKjpwinK6eEr7e2hrcxwBrAVMHzxPbPZdDQ1HzYJNrd3fPfsOFz4vfjauaB52rpc-w47FXtIO9874XwH_Fs-tI=

As for gear, pretty much just be using a high rolled searing touch, AND the best ARMOUR ARMOUR/ES armour/boots/helm I can find, belt not too sure whether I want str/life/es/stunrecovery base belt, with the obvious life/armour/es/resistance stats on it.

Gloves: Faster cast speed(if possible) with other obvious stats like life
Rings:(whatever ring I can get, will base gear resistances around them) Spell damage/firespell dmg, cast speed, life, mana regen
Amulet:Onyx; Spell damage/firespell dmg, cast speed, life, mana regen

For gems I was thinking of going something like this...

Flammability curse, or elemental weakness for group mapping depending on the map, supported by Increased radius or faster casting(Not neccesary but just if I have the links)

Single Target spell, going into searing touch: Fireball;Concentraded effect; faster casting; faster projectiles, and if 5linked fire pen, if 6linked I would also add a mana leech or something.

AoE: Firestorm;Concentraded effect; increased radius; faster casting; Faster Projectiles(if 5link chest)

Totem:4L Item with Flame Totem;LMP/GMP;Fire pen;cold to fire (nice to have some CC on totems as usual)

Auras: 4L Item with Reduced mana, Clarity, Haste, Discipline (Purity/Determination to switch out with haste in maps if needed, however not normaly if running with the right people)
You plan to high - reduce your passive tree to lets say 90 points that is far more real...

Actually using a wand and a int based shield will give you better results for this specific build than the searing touch -> the searing touch is awesome if you actually go into burning stuff, while flamability add a 10% chance to torch enemies you shouldn't really rely to much on it, since it might be possible that you'll notice later that you need a defensive curse instead (enfeeble or temporal chains; maybe you won't but a lot of people prefare the increased survivability of either of those curses over an offensive curse).
So without the burning effect plain spell damage/cast speed will be better than going for searing touch (and you can easily get more spell/fire damage from a wnd+shield than from the ST).

So i would suggest:
-think about chance to ignite support gem (maybe with elemental profileration as well)
and/or
-go more into crits

(even with the flamability chance i would still go for chance to ignite)

BTW firestorm does not use projectiles AFAIK, so if i'm not mistaken faster projectiles doesn't work with it.

EDIT: about your totem - cold to fire won't help you with it. As its name sais it converts cold damage into fire damage, but your totem will do 0 cold damage so ctf will do nothing usefull...

EDIT2: I hope you dont mind but i did some theorycrafting and i think this Link is what i would do with a fire caster templar build around the ST staff.
-dual curses allows you to have both flamability and a defensive curse at the same time
-13% increased block chance with staves
-getting as much crit chance and multiplier from the templar area as possible
-Elemental equilibrium and static blows ?!? Yes i would add those as well, if you add a spark or arc totem it would be able to cause shock easily (static blows + the crit nodes) and shock will even further increase the burning damage ;) And EE would make the totem cause additional -50% to fire resist while they burn (so i would use totem + arc + added lighning + elemental profileration, which reduce fire res and shocks mobs), because burning does not trigger EE
-i would add Chance to ignite and elemntal profileration to fireball and as a fourth i would add either Crit chance or Fire penetration (if i had a 5L item i would use both). Thanks to the buffed burning damage and elemental profileration the burning effect would turn it into an AOE (you hit one enemy but the whole group gets torched and burns down). Why not firestorm? It is rather bad for burning, because one hit of the falling fireballs from firestorm doesn't do much damage and the burning it would cause is not worth the mana cost (don't get me wrong, i think that firestorm is a decent spell, but not quite the right one for a burning orientated char).
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on Mar 2, 2013, 9:40:10 PM
hi

i use very similar build :

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMFQgVbEmkUTRVQFxwZhRoyGjgabB8CJKopTyqNLJwtHzbFNtg26TvhPAU9X0GWQ2NEq0bXSRtN2E99UWBSU1WuWPVgbWaebRlwfXFNcXl65n1TgFaBb4IQgpuDOIdli4yMdo5kj6aQVZeFms-cLZ2Ana6dxJ48n9-iAKcIpyunhKmVrrOvt7aGtvq3McAa1HzYJN0F3fPfsOFz4vfjauQi52rsOOxV7SDvfPAf8Wz3pg==

on next lvls i will focus to get Bloodthrist and Divine Toughness

i use 2 main atack :

1. Fire Ball + Fire Penetration + Chance to Ignite + Concentrated Effect
2. Fire Totem + Chance to Ignite + Reduce Mana + Elemental Proliferation

i use too like u say Flammability and Decoy Totem(very very helpful...)

also i run on 2 basic aura Clarity and Discipline (+ Reduce Mana)
"
Sony_Black wrote:
Spoiler
You plan to high - reduce your passive tree to lets say 90 points that is far more real...

Actually using a wand and a int based shield will give you better results for this specific build than the searing touch -> the searing touch is awesome if you actually go into burning stuff, while flamability add a 10% chance to torch enemies you shouldn't really rely to much on it, since it might be possible that you'll notice later that you need a defensive curse instead (enfeeble or temporal chains; maybe you won't but a lot of people prefare the increased survivability of either of those curses over an offensive curse).
So without the burning effect plain spell damage/cast speed will be better than going for searing touch (and you can easily get more spell/fire damage from a wnd+shield than from the ST).

So i would suggest:
-think about chance to ignite support gem (maybe with elemental profileration as well)
and/or
-go more into crits

(even with the flamability chance i would still go for chance to ignite)

BTW firestorm does not use projectiles AFAIK, so if i'm not mistaken faster projectiles doesn't work with it.

EDIT: about your totem - cold to fire won't help you with it. As its name sais it converts cold damage into fire damage, but your totem will do 0 cold damage so ctf will do nothing usefull...

EDIT2: I hope you dont mind but i did some theorycrafting and i think this Link is what i would do with a fire caster templar build around the ST staff.
-dual curses allows you to have both flamability and a defensive curse at the same time
-13% increased block chance with staves
-getting as much crit chance and multiplier from the templar area as possible
-Elemental equilibrium and static blows ?!? Yes i would add those as well, if you add a spark or arc totem it would be able to cause shock easily (static blows + the crit nodes) and shock will even further increase the burning damage ;) And EE would make the totem cause additional -50% to fire resist while they burn (so i would use totem + arc + added lighning + elemental profileration, which reduce fire res and shocks mobs), because burning does not trigger EE
-i would add Chance to ignite and elemntal profileration to fireball and as a fourth i would add either Crit chance or Fire penetration (if i had a 5L item i would use both). Thanks to the buffed burning damage and elemental profileration the burning effect would turn it into an AOE (you hit one enemy but the whole group gets torched and burns down). Why not firestorm? It is rather bad for burning, because one hit of the falling fireballs from firestorm doesn't do much damage and the burning it would cause is not worth the mana cost (don't get me wrong, i think that firestorm is a decent spell, but not quite the right one for a burning orientated char).

Thanks for your input, I was semi serious and 3 bowls smoked after I typed this out. Reading back on it I see my high theorycrafting is not the best :P . Anyway...

My thoughts for ST was mainly for leveling phase, once I hit 60+ and wanted to start doing maps I would get a wand and shield, and with using EQ spark/arc totem, it's not neccesary as im always playing with a crit sparker, however this is a very good idea...

Anyway, if anyone else has input, a link to some pro streamers guide to something like this, post it and show it! :P
And probably save me more embarrassment XD

Also, does anyone know if Sceptres(mace) are viable for casting? Getting a high ilvl 15% ele dmg one with more spell dmg, FCR and shit on? Or can wands just go higher?
Last edited by Malum95 on Mar 3, 2013, 9:32:21 AM
"
Sony_Black wrote:

Actually using a wand and a int based shield will give you better results for this specific build than the searing touch -> the searing touch is awesome if you actually go into burning stuff,

if you consider the fact that the searing touch gives you +2 lvl to fire gems and can be a 5 or even 6linked item ... i wouldnt say that a wand + shield can be better.
sure you can reach more spelldmg and you get more block armor or resis what ever because of that shield but the possiblity to have two items which can be 5 or 6 linked is very nice.
and a 5 or 6 linked supported fireball with +2lvl for fire gems is awesome or even a flame totem...

and the fireball in the searing touch should look like this imo:

faster casting just gives you more fireballs in the same time, but fire penetration gives you in every case (curse immun mobs etc max resis mobs etc etc) more flat fire dmg
with gmp it is aoe dmg and single target if you get closer to the target, you can even hit with 5 balls...
my dps with that fireball and double curse action is peaking at 18k dps if all 5 balls hit, which is kinda crazy and + burn damage so its is over 20k easy

just my opinion to that

cheers
Last edited by Hulio225 on Mar 5, 2013, 1:38:22 AM
Im running a similar build at level 68 and doing maps without any problems

But you should really try out firetrap instead of firestorm. The clearing speed is insane, one firetrap will melt a whole monster pack! The reason for this is because the support gems im using for firetrap is:

Chance to ignite, increased area of effect and Elemental prolifiration.

The thing is that The burning ground caused by firetrap is separate from the ignite. So with the chance to ignite gem and elemental prolifiration this means that all monsters in the pack will suffer from double burning damage from the ignite and the burning ground. And with the extra burning damage from searing touch and nodes this means insane clearing speed!

Im also using Fireball with LMP, pierce and fire penetration to simply clear up after the firetrap.
Last edited by Sythes on Mar 5, 2013, 7:22:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info