[3.5] Ghoulish Overkill! Zombie+Skeleton Baron build

What is the best way to get those two spectres? I go get them in act1 and 3 but they die so quickly that I don't get how they can be useful. Is there a way to obtain them with a higher monster level? Thanks for the info, I am still learning the game each league and this build is helping me go farther than normal.
"
Fuzzy66 wrote:

What is the best way to get those two spectres? I go get them in act1 and 3 but they die so quickly that I don't get how they can be useful. Is there a way to obtain them with a higher monster level? Thanks for the info, I am still learning the game each league and this build is helping me go farther than normal.
When you get them in act 1/3 take them into your deepest level of delve, or a decent tier map, use desecrate to find their corpse and re-summon both spectres' inside the map, this will give them the correct level of stats and they wont be squishy anymore.
"
fuzzy1103 wrote:
I love the build so far. I have gotten into Yellow maps with cheap gear and an easy time. I have run into a few issues I hope you may be able to help with. I am 81 and have gear on par with your recent post above. When unleashing the legion guys, some just wreck me. Absolutely wreck me in a one or two shots. I have 4.7k life, and even if I get another 1k life I don't see it making a big change. Is there anything you can recommend to help tank these legion rares dudes or add better surviveability to me.

Since getting a lvl 3 or 4 empower is rather expensive at the moment, would getting impale be better? why not use concentrated effect? pob seems to show it would add the most damage to a 6 link vs other options.

can't wait to see the new build write up too! :)

Empower is there, at least in my standard-league build of the character, largely for zombie life in super-deep delves and T16 maps. It just so happens to ALSO give huge amounts of damage. I'd tailor that gem slot based on what you need for your build at the time. Pick up a Minion Life support gem, and a Concentrated Effect support gem, and swap them out and play with each. Figure out which is more important for you: Damage or Zombie Life.

As to your survivability issue, my experience with heavy-hitting legion rares (granted on a different build atm-- gladiator called my name this league) is that your best defense is to just not stand where they're gonna hit. Some of them hit REALLY, REALLY hard. Like, Atziri's crit flameblast kind of hard, as early as white maps. It very well may not be an issue with you or the build, but with those mobs just... hitting too hard.

Keep in mind that all melee splashes now. Meaning that one of the biggest defensive layers on this build did get a passing nerf, by accident.
Our biggest defense against melee enemies was that nothing bothers aiming for us, because we have so many minions, and it's so hard to get to us. But now, aiming for a zombie that's near us very well may hit the summoner as well. So when fighting rares/bosses with melee swings, it's very much in your best interest to just not be in their range, or to stay behind them if need be.
wow! re-summoning them made a huge difference.. Just went into a t10 map and re-summoned them and accidentally triggered a breach and killed it. Now I feel like I have way more power! :)
"
fuzzy1103 wrote:
I love the build so far. I have gotten into Yellow maps with cheap gear and an easy time. I have run into a few issues I hope you may be able to help with. I am 81 and have gear on par with your recent post above. When unleashing the legion guys, some just wreck me. Absolutely wreck me in a one or two shots. I have 4.7k life, and even if I get another 1k life I don't see it making a big change. Is there anything you can recommend to help tank these legion rares dudes or add better surviveability to me.

Since getting a lvl 3 or 4 empower is rather expensive at the moment, would getting impale be better? why not use concentrated effect? pob seems to show it would add the most damage to a 6 link vs other options.

can't wait to see the new build write up too! :)

"Reduced the damage of the Bloodblessed Conqueror's "Red Wave" skill.
Reduced the damage and area of effect of the Bloodblessed Conqueror's targeted ground explosion skill.
Reduced the overall amount of damage that the Ritemaster Decapitators deal with all of their skills.
Reduced the overall amount of damage that the Roc Sentinels deal with all of their skills.
Reduced the damage of the Roc Sentinel's Decelerating Projectiles and the subsequent explosions"

These are quotes from the patch notes for today. Several legion encounters did, in fact, just hit harder than GGG realized.
Played this build several league's, always wondered why severed in sleep/united in dreams is barely mentioned,might be missing something. Curious about the flesh and stone/maim support combo. Anyone have any thought about that?
"
AlphaOutcast wrote:
Played this build several league's, always wondered why severed in sleep/united in dreams is barely mentioned,might be missing something. Curious about the flesh and stone/maim support combo. Anyone have any thought about that?

They're solid weapons, but often fairly expensive to get united in dream, as it requires the same chayula blessing as the Presence of Chayula amulet.
They just don't give minions as much damage as Scourge, while also not being as fast for attacks as Scourge, which, at the time I originally wrote this, was important for movement skills like Shield Charge or Whirling Blades. This second factor is much less important now, and you can freely use Severed/United as you like. They do give minions more life recovery. We ran United in Dream in the build for quite a long time.

Yes, Flesh and Stone/Maim combo is worth considering in the build, but the area is quite small, and you're very rarely covering all your zombies with it. In order to make use of the damage boost from that setup, you have to be in melee range of your enemies, which thanks to the way melee strikes were changed this league, would mean taking a massive amount of damage you wouldn't normally take.
Realy fun build but i have one question:

how do i generate kills for war banner and spectral wolfs?
Short answer: you don't.
Long answer: try to steal as many last hits as possible from your minions as you can with shield charge. It's not really consistent, but it doesn't matter as you don't use those things for those effects. War banner is primarily in the build for enemies taking more physical damage (zombies and skeles.) The claw that gives spectral wolves is only there for the minion damage roll on it in the long run. Ideally you'd want to find a 1-handed weapon that gives 90%+ minion damage and strength as well.
Of the currently announced supports and skills I am expecting Carrion Golem to replace Stone Golem. I also expect to be using feeding frenzy support on the zombies and probably skeletons. Meat Shield support will go on the specters to help keep them on or around you. Deathmark will probably also make the zombie links, I doubt it will make the skeleton link though.
Last edited by TokeMcBong on Aug 22, 2019, 12:27:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info