[3.5] Ghoulish Overkill! Zombie+Skeleton Baron build

"
Hyoji wrote:
Hello, i'm trying this build ant it has worked well so far, thanks!

Soooo... i'm getting to lvl 44 and i'm using a tabula rasa but i think it's getting hard to survive with it, what would you recomend for a chest? is there a nice unique with a good sinergy?

Also, only 1 of your violent dead has 40 int in the radius, is that right?
I'd recommend any chest that has some maximum life, strength and ideally a 6 link. You can find rares with level requirement low enough to equip at these levels. Though your chest alone wont add a ton of survivability over a tabula.

As for the threshold jewel, both spots have the required intelligence in their radii since the intelligence doesn't need to be spec'd into.
Last edited by TokeMcBong on Jul 17, 2018, 9:48:11 PM
First try with Shaper and killed.
I moved zombies to helmet and skellies to 6l for zombies survival.
Had a few silly deaths but doable. Never done the phases so qo quick.
Now waiting for red elder to spawn.
Very fun build! Thank you so much!

Red Elder super easy. Shaper will be a different story, but it will be a fun challenge to take on.

I incorporated a couple of other ideas from other similar builds, and I'm having a blast.

Thanks again!
Last edited by Siladil on Jul 19, 2018, 12:48:52 AM
This is my first POE necro build ever and I must say I'm enjoying it so much! I've just started mapping and I only have a 4-link armor so I'm hoping to get a nice boost once I get a 6-link.

I have a question though. I followed Toke's spectre setup (using an Undying Evangelist right now and it does its job beautifully). But for higher maps do you recommend swapping to a CWDT + convocation setup instead?
"
kaireechuu wrote:
This is my first POE necro build ever and I must say I'm enjoying it so much! I've just started mapping and I only have a 4-link armor so I'm hoping to get a nice boost once I get a 6-link.

I have a question though. I followed Toke's spectre setup (using an Undying Evangelist right now and it does its job beautifully). But for higher maps do you recommend swapping to a CWDT + convocation setup instead?
After testing around with it for a while I recommend against such a setup now. Usually I was finding convocation was removing my zombies from attacking a target and causing me to drop my leech mechanic. Best to just avoid the CWDT aspect and just manual cast it if you really want the effect. I recommend avoiding it all together as it isn't really needed in any way.
Hi, after some "attents" from me, I started a new one with your build and I just finished the act 10. And so, I wanted to completed my build.

I've got some question tho:

- I see you don't use Summon Phantasm On Kill Support. Is there a reason for that? Do they lack of dmg or it's a question of socket ?

- I kinda struggle to choose my jowels, do you have any recommendations ?

- Also, why use the Spirit Offering rather than Flesh Offering ? Do it up the zombie attack speed to high ?

- And at last, why using the clarity aura? I don't feel the need for mana regen, but it's maybe I just finished the act 10.

Thank you for your guide !
"
Leverdatre wrote:
Hi, after some "attents" from me, I started a new one with your build and I just finished the act 10. And so, I wanted to completed my build.

I've got some question tho:

- I see you don't use Summon Phantasm On Kill Support. Is there a reason for that? Do they lack of dmg or it's a question of socket ?

- I kinda struggle to choose my jowels, do you have any recommendations ?

- Also, why use the Spirit Offering rather than Flesh Offering ? Do it up the zombie attack speed to high ?

- And at last, why using the clarity aura? I don't feel the need for mana regen, but it's maybe I just finished the act 10.

Thank you for your guide !

1. No phantasm on Kill support because they are a ranged caster monster and don't benefit as much from the Strength aspect of The Baron to be a benefit over another support on the zombies.

2. Your jewels should be 2x Violent Dead(One above the witch, one to the left of the Templar), 2x Efficient Training(The two jewel sockets between the Scion and Witch Starting areas) and 3x Brawn (or Emperor's Mastery if you have the money in the remaining three sockets.)

3. Spirit offering over Flesh offering for two reasons. Firstly it gives a large amount of instant energy shield to help deal with any spike damage on the pets. Secondly it doesn't push the zombies over the attack speed breakpoint which Flesh offering usually does. The first reason is the main reason I choose Spirit offering though. Having an on-demand heal for your minions is useful.

4. Clarity is used in either two ways. If you're using the Mind over Matter version you should be using a level 20(or 21) Clarity which you would notice. If you're not playing the MoM variant you'll only want a level 1 Clarity and at that point it's only for the extra 3% attack/cast speed from the necromancer ascendancy.
Last edited by TokeMcBong on Jul 24, 2018, 12:23:34 AM
Hello, i'm having trouble replacing the brightbeak, been looking for a mace with "minion damage" and can't find any... where do you get that mod?
"
Hyoji wrote:
Hello, i'm having trouble replacing the brightbeak, been looking for a mace with "minion damage" and can't find any... where do you get that mod?
It comes from the final boss of the Temple of Atzoatl in the Incursion league. If you upgrade the "Omnitect has additional minions" room you can also get one from there.
Last edited by TokeMcBong on Jul 25, 2018, 11:57:00 PM
"
TokeMcBong wrote:
"
Hyoji wrote:
It comes from the final boss of the Temple of Atzoatl in the Incursion league. If you upgrade the "Omnitect has additional minions" room you can also get one from there.

can you think of any alternative for standart players? i don't think essence crafted are good choises cuz it's capped ad 23% minion damage :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info