[3.5] Ghoulish Overkill! Zombie+Skeleton Baron build

"
Eakrich wrote:
I dont have bone sculptor and I stuggled to find a 4-link in my baron to use. At least with skele's.... I can use summon vaal skeletons.

Any other ideas for a 4 link given my setup?

You can keep running them without issue honestly. Just cut Melee Physical damage for Additional Accuracy in your Skele link. It will buff both Vaal and regular and gives you more consistent damage from them than the melee physical (which only buffs 2/3rds of Vaal Summon.)

I'd also recommend swapping Brutality for Ruthless and Item Rarity for Concentrated Effect or Physical To Lightning. Both of these should be a damage increase. Rarity is sadly super-weak as a mechanic in-game right now that it isn't worth using. Quantity on the other hand is super-strong and would be much more beneficial.
Path of building link for level 100 version with MoM.

Level 100
https://pastebin.com/ePNi0fAR

Path of Building link for Level 92 with MoM

Level 92
https://pastebin.com/QACqpvNQ
Thanks for the PoB links tho they do not use Minion Speed right now. It's a matter of preference I guess but I feel seriously hindered by any speed modifier below, say, 1.6 for zombies.
Also, taking damage to summon them to you seems kinda dangerous. But I'll give the CWDT a try :)
Last edited by Jasmira on Jun 24, 2018, 10:10:09 AM
Teh Retarntation Rages oNN
Just did my first Elder with this build.Was a t11 Elder. Was hoping for higher like t12 or even t13 to test this variant of the build.I currently have the non-MoM build.The survavability for Elder is there, I was kinda lacking the dps at the 4th phase of the Shaper channeling the Elder chains. That's due to the fact that you can't carry Vaal Skills in the new areas, as in Labyrinth, but you have to collect souls from the spawns during the Elder fight.
the Chaos amulet and Watcher's Eye drop!

I did it deathless, no near calls. The final explosion killed all my zombies but somehow left alive the skeletons summoned by the vaal skill and the stone golem.... I have to investigate.
I will upload the video from the fight soon.
You thing I khare, but I realy dond.
Last edited by Spacecom on Jun 24, 2018, 11:24:14 AM
"
Spacecom wrote:
Teh Retarntation Rages oNN
Just did my first Elder with this build.Was a t11 Elder. Was hoping for higher like t12 or even t13 to test this variant of the build.I currently have the non-MoM build.The survavability for Elder is there, I was kinda lacking the dps at the 4th phase of the Shaper channeling the Elder chains. That's due to the fact that you can't carry Vaal Skills in the new areas, as in Labyrinth, but you have to collect souls from the spawns during the Elder fight.
the Chaos amulet and Watcher's Eye drop!

I did it deathless, no near calls. The final explosion killed all my zombies but somehow left alive the skeletons summoned by the vaal skill and the stone golem.... I have to investigate.
I will upload the video from the fight soon.

Your zombies take lethal damage from the final elder blast that kills anything outside zanas bubble. Stone Golem just has enough health to live (20k+) and the summoned Skeletons don't seem to take any area damage from it.
"
Jasmira wrote:
Thanks for the PoB links tho they do not use Minion Speed right now. It's a matter of preference I guess but I feel seriously hindered by any speed modifier below, say, 1.6 for zombies.
Also, taking damage to summon them to you seems kinda dangerous. But I'll give the CWDT a try :)

I tend to agree on the CWDT, but putting minion speed in the links is problematic, as it tends to nearly always push the zombies over the maximum for attacks/s, and you end up with a multistrike regular hit in between each trio of slams. It cuts your damage by a lot. Though not nearly as much as many other options people have suggested. I still say the best way is to grab Null and Void rampage gloves, as well as movement speed rings (essence of fear.) Every 10 kills is 1% movespeed, so even if you spend most of your time between 100 and 300, that's between 10 and 30% movespeed for zombies. (It also gives a pretty substantial amount of damage, and movement speed for yourself.)
But largely, I don't worry too much about every single zombie keeping up with me. I can throw down 9 skeletons in front of me in roughly a second, so unless I'm clearing a particularly dangerous map, I just let the zombies trail behind me and clean up mobs. They teleport to you on a pretty tight leash anyway. Then again, I don't play HC (though I am fairly confident this build is capable of it.)
Sexy updates
Why Alira instead of 2 points?
"
Adraeus wrote:
Why Alira instead of 2 points?
Mainly the resists, plus mana regen as a bonus. If you have the gear to not need the resists at all then you're better off taking the 2 points.
I tried Shaper today, couldnt do it. Zombies, golem, skeletons die almost instantly. Character feels very comfortable during the fight, I even had time to open inventory, change ruthless with bloodmagic gem to keep spamming zombies but still, zombies die faster than I can summon them. Is there a work around with this? I wasn't using minion life gem, just the standard setup. Zombie-conc. effect-minon damage-ruthless-multi-melee physical damage.
I am thinking of trying lvl21/20%quality zombie gem + lvl21/20% minion life gem and see if thats enough to survive at least the shapers beam or something.
You thing I khare, but I realy dond.
Last edited by Spacecom on Jun 25, 2018, 7:11:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info