[3.4] Vaal Double Strike Champion

"
My gear:

Im lvl 72, should i buy doryiani instead of this sceptre?

These are my weapons currently with plugging in Doryani's I lose over 9.5k dps, so I wouldn't bother on your current scepter to replace it with Doryani's. Your next upgrade if you are looking for a stat stick should be double % phys to ele dmg which are running for about 1.5ex to 2 ex for good ones.

My current gear and gems:

Last edited by cryyyy on Jun 17, 2018, 7:41:06 AM
at lvl 71 i have Scaeva as main and Prismatic Eclipse. both worth 6 chaos. and i have in HO without flask up: a bit over 45 k

http://prntscr.com/jvypt6
Last edited by BeneTleilax on Jun 17, 2018, 11:45:26 AM
Just linking my setup for this build to show the pure insanity potential of Vaal DS on standard.

12.3 Million SHAPER dps. No shock. Makes doomfletch look like a build for the kiddy pool.

Shaper dies in about 2 seconds.

POB link:

https://pastebin.com/q0be6VsC

GEAR:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Last edited by stormyknight on Jun 17, 2018, 12:07:27 PM
"
stormyknight wrote:
Just linking my setup for this build to show the pure insanity potential of Vaal DS on standard.

Spoiler
12.3 Million SHAPER dps. No shock. Makes doomfletch look like a build for the kiddy pool.

Shaper dies in about 2 seconds.

POB link:

https://pastebin.com/q0be6VsC

GEAR:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

That's all fascinating but I want to know how much can one push the DPS in current league with an avg budget of 5-10ex. With just a Hatred crit chance Watcher's Eye, the damage gets a huge boost, top that with a 400+ DPS sword & an equally expensive ele offhand we have crazy DPS.
Fun build, but definitely dies a lot and not HC viable. Took it to 80 but abandoned it due to getting 1-shot in incursions; even with 4ex of gear. The boss melting is magic, but constant 1-shot deaths in T8-T10 maps is a bit frustrating. Then again that's an inherit problem in PoE (the 1-shots). Don't know of any other ARPG that has such mechanics.

Sadly with incursions, Melee builds are very tough this league - Trappers, etc. shine though!

But thanks to the author - this is a good guide and fun build - if you don't mind dying, you'll melt maps and bosses!
All that and a bag of chips!
Last edited by Mooginator on Jun 17, 2018, 6:26:25 PM
"
Mooginator wrote:
Fun build, but definitely dies a lot and not HC viable. Took it to 80 but abandoned it due to getting 1-shot in incursions; even with 4ex of gear. The boss melting is magic, but constant 1-shot deaths in T8-T10 maps is a bit frustrating. Then again that's an inherit problem in PoE (the 1-shots). Don't know of any other ARPG that has such mechanics.

Sadly with incursions, Melee builds are very tough this league - Trappers, etc. shine though!

But thanks to the author - this is a good guide and fun build - if you don't mind dying, you'll melt maps and bosses!

I agree on the one shots this patch they are stupid, but sadly like you said this is poe. What I don't understand is how you are dying to them so frequently I have maybe a total of 1 ex of gear and I am farming T7-10 no issue, yellows even.

Sorry if stupid question, new to the poe scene. Where do you get the endurance charges in this build from for immortal call?
"
Boodaddy95 wrote:
Sorry if stupid question, new to the poe scene. Where do you get the endurance charges in this build from for immortal call?

We don't. Immortal call does work without endurance charges but for a fraction of a second, hence using increased duration with it makes it slightly better.
I would contradict OP with regards to the need of a high PDSP weapon. The weapon should at first have high APS, since that helps you benefit from the added damage against bleeding targets of double strike, which carries you by itself. For example, a 160 pdps foil with 2 aps does the exact same DPS as a 261 PDS corsair sword with 1.88 aps.

Best initial investment is a high APS high crit chance foil with implicit and crafted crit multi. If you are rich, you can go for high PDSP, but it's mostly overkill imho.
"
havz0r wrote:
I would contradict OP with regards to the need of a high PDSP weapon. The weapon should at first have high APS, since that helps you benefit from the added damage against bleeding targets of double strike, which carries you by itself. For example, a 160 pdps foil with 2 aps does the exact same DPS as a 261 PDS corsair sword with 1.88 aps.

Best initial investment is a high APS high crit chance foil with implicit and crafted crit multi. If you are rich, you can go for high PDSP, but it's mostly overkill imho.

Sure it might do same damage when used without an offhand but when combined with an offhands extra phys to ele damage it gets a huge boost, hence the requirement of a high DPS foil to take advantage of both weapons. That being said I used a 220pds foil until mid 80's, so its in no way necessary but good to have.

On another note, I am moving to a different build, anyone interested in my gear is free to contact me, most pieces are already sold, listing the remaining.

Spoiler

Last edited by vvamic on Jun 18, 2018, 6:17:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info