Azi's Freezing Pulse Build

Here's the build:

The plan:

Templar with Scepter/Shield, AR/ES Armour.

1) Freezing Pulse + Faster Projectiles + GMP + Faster Casting + Life Leech +

Added Lightning Damage (Chest, eventually)

2) Clarity + Discipline + Reduced Mana (Helm/Boots/Gloves)

3) Skeleton Totem + Spell Totem + Blind (Scepter/Shield)

4) Ice Nova + Faster Casting + Life Leech + Knockback

(Helm/Boots/Gloves)

5) Elemental Weakness + Frostbite + Faster Casting (Scepter/Shield)

6) Other possible Auras/skills on 4L (Helm/Boots/Gloves)

What this build offers:

192 Str (can use ANY gem with Str req., and wear any Str req. armour)
74 Dex (but close to a few +30 Dex nodes)
382 Int (can use ANY gem with Int req., and wear any int req. anything)

Bonuses:

Max Life - +232%
Life Regen - 1.0%
Bonus HP - +50

Cold Resistance - +15%
All Elemental Resistances - +20%

Armour/Energy Shield - +44%/44%

Eldritch Battery
Max Mana - +36
Increased Mana Regen - +60%

Increased Buff Effect - +30%

Elemental Damage - +56%
Cold Damage - +68%
Spell Damage - +19%

Increased Cast Speed - +6%

Spell Crit Chance + 115%
Spell Crit Multiplier - +70%
Crit Chance - +190%
Crit Multiplier - +20%

Shock Duration - +45%
Shock Chance - +20%

Additional Chance to Freeze - +5%

~ Any tips, adjustments, or criticisms appreciated.
Last edited by Azidonis on Mar 9, 2013, 6:19:43 PM
weapon elemental damage doesn't work on freezing pulse. and neither does wrath.

scepters work if they say "cold damage" or "spell damage"
"
the_ammar wrote:
weapon elemental damage doesn't work on freezing pulse. and neither does wrath.

scepters work if they say "cold damage" or "spell damage"

Thanks for the input!

I guess Wrath wouldn't allow Freezing Pulse to deal Static Blows then?

Would it work better if I removed Weapon Elemental Damage and replace it with Added Lightning Damage?

Also, if Weapon Elemental Damage doesn't work with Freezing Pulse, that takes the 3 points out of Catalyst.

I've taken them out and placed them into more cold damage on the Witch tree, leaving a setup for increased casting speed, crit, etc. Passive skill tree build
Last edited by Azidonis on Mar 2, 2013, 6:45:05 PM
Update 1: Updated build values and made some modifications.
Update 2: Changed LMP to GMP. Re-considering mana regen options. :)
Update 3: New build iteration. Should be better with mana. Also allows for max level of GMP without gear dependency. :

Update 4: This is the build at Level 50, beginning Merciless:
Last edited by Azidonis on Mar 9, 2013, 6:23:47 PM
Remove the 30 Str node. To get one more passive. The 30 Str node is kinda useless.
I think you have enough str as a templar without it to skill your gems.
Since you are using EB and you are a Hybrid class you should think about not wearing onyl Str Req armour. You ll benefit more from chain EQ. Str/Int combo.

What is your dps on Freezing Pulse?
Last edited by Go0olem on Mar 4, 2013, 4:22:18 AM
"
Go0olem wrote:
Remove the 30 Str node. To get one more passive. The 30 Str node is kinda useless.

Removed it:

"
Go0olem wrote:

I think you have enough str as a templar without it to skill your gems.

Yes. The linked build has more than enough. Incidentally, I learned that the max str, dex, or int you can possibly need for gems is 153. My biggest thing is that I do not like relying on gear to help meet requirements. I would rather not level a gem than to have a piece of gear on that lets me level it and be stuck wearing that same piece of gear indefinitely.

"
Go0olem wrote:

Since you are using EB and you are a Hybrid class you should think about not wearing onyl Str Req armour. You ll benefit more from chain EQ. Str/Int combo.

That has been the intent all along, and what I have been doing. He wears Armour/ES (basically, str/int - templar stuff, holy chainmail, etc).

The plan is to let the Armour part of the armour give some base survivability, while all the ES turns into mana due to EB.

"
Go0olem wrote:

What is your dps on Freezing Pulse?

Right now this char is only level 34. He's using Freezing Pulse + GMP 6% + Faster Projectiles 9% + Life Leech 7%. This takes A LOT of mana at the current stage of the build, since I'm still filling out the left side of the tree. To alleviate this, I plan on taking off Faster Projectiles for a while, or just dealing with it, as it hits like a truck.

As for numbers, they are relative at this point. He just got to Cruel and is 2 shotting the zombies. I think that's pretty decent considering the amount of AoE available.

Current build is this:
What I will probably do, as stated, is drop Faster Projectiles for a few levels (while I can go without it) in early Act 1 Cruel. While doing that, work my way up to Static Blows, and put Added Lightning Damage on. Then, I can work my way down through the mana portion, in an attempt to complete this build:

So far, up to 34, the build has worked great. Unfortunately, this means very little. I'll finish Merciless this week probably, just playing as I get the time, and then I'll be able to fill in more specifics.
Last edited by Azidonis on Mar 4, 2013, 10:33:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info