[3.3] Great Balls Of FIRE!! - Burning Poet's Pen

I'm testing, the leveling is excellent, very fast with a good single target. ty !
Poet's Pen have been my favorite playstyle and I been looking for something different. Your take on it grabbed my attention and I'm leveling one up now, currently in act 2 and it feels really really strong.
Thanks for sharing.
I am glad this build has grabbed your attention, and that you guys are enjoying it.
On behalf of Azalet and myself, thank you guys for all your positive feedback as well as criticism.
It helps us know we are doing a good job and helps us improve the build to the best we can make it.

<3
Hi, currently I am using a flicker striker build and was thinking of switching to a build more suited for end game boss. Is this build recommended?
Just started this game 1 month ago :).
Interesting stuff ! Nice to see Poet builds that don't use VD or Arc.

Did you play a teleporting Poet build before trying this one ? If yes, how does movement feel during clearing in comparison ?
hello =) is there any chance that u can make lvl tree how and wheere to go first??
I want to try this build? Any stat on Poet Pen will do? It's my first time to use those because I've read something like APS and breakpoints.
Last edited by xDeicidium on Jul 19, 2018, 4:25:32 AM
@ckjh
This build can do a lot of bosses. Not sure if I would 100% say it's an end game boss killer, although it can do Shaper. I would just suggest this build if your aim is more for fun! :)

@thomzon
I did play a little bit of an Arc character, but did not progress to endgame with it. The teleporting Arc build is much faster than this build since this one uses a flask for movement speed, but it is still good if you get a +%Movement Speed roll on a movement speed flask.

@gotlandskommun
If you want a kind of basis on where to go, I went to Elemental Overload on the tree first. Then your priority is to go to the places on the tree that are close to life and fire damage. You will probably want to balance the two of them. If you think you are doing well on damage, head for more life and so on.
If this is still not enough info and you want more detail, feel free to ask me again. :)

@xDeicidium
Any stats on Poet's Pen is good. For better damage you will want higher spell implicit damage as well as the higher attack speed (although it is not a necessity, so any Poet Pen can work). Also, you will want an aps (attack speed per second) no higher than 4, or it will cancel the spell from being used, THUS slowing down your dps.

Hope this helps all of you! Good luck and enjoy! :)
Last edited by Asilehs on Jul 21, 2018, 12:13:51 AM
"
Asilehs wrote:

@xDeicidium
Any stats on Poet's Pen is good. For better damage you will want higher spell implicit damage as well as the higher attack speed (although it is not a necessity, so any Poet Pen can work). Also, you will want an aps (attack speed per second) no higher than 4, or it will cancel the spell from being used, THUS slowing down your dps.

Hope this helps all of you! Good luck and enjoy! :)

I really like this build. I've changed some points in the tree and I've been using Power Siphon as my go to attack. Might change to barrage soon since CRIT doesn't do great things on Fireball/Flame Surge.

Can this build clear all content? I'm planning to have this character my last if it can guide me through maps and end game.
"
xDeicidium wrote:
I really like this build. I've changed some points in the tree and I've been using Power Siphon as my go to attack. Might change to barrage soon since CRIT doesn't do great things on Fireball/Flame Surge.

Can this build clear all content? I'm planning to have this character my last if it can guide me through maps and end game.

This build can do most content, but can't clear all. If you want a build to clear all content you may have to look at more Meta builds, such as arc builds.
I personally make builds for fun and to see if it can do some of the endgame content moderately well.
I wish I could make super ridiculous builds. xD

Regardless, if you do end up using this build I wish you the best of luck!
If you don't then I hope you find something that will do all content to your liking! :)

Good Luck! And if you have anymore questions, feel free to ask away!
:D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info