[3.3] Burn it all ~(Vaal)~ Burning Arrow

Goal was to try and make Burning Arrow work cause of the buffs to ignite ~ it's not a bad skill at all and in a much better place than previously

Pros & Cons

*The clear/playstyle is very much like Caustic Arrow - hit and run/dodge*

Spoiler
Comfortable Clear
Cheap
Watch everything melt in your prolif :d
Can do reflect maps
Lab was a breeze with bad gear

Porcupines
Can be Dex starved
Can feel clunky with low attack speed
Struggles in elemental avoidance maps and no regen
Not a Deadeye, so blink is on a longer cd (Flame dash + faster casting feels a LOT better)

Preview

Gem Links
Spoiler

Chest/Bow:

For more boss damage (Swift Affliction comes super close but is just slightly worse)

For a more comfortable clear think about using

Helmet:

If blink feels slow, you can replace Increased Duration with

Gloves:

Boots:

For the final link, if can be whatever you want - I prefer either of these 2

And in the Essence Worm, Anger aura

*Note*
-You can also run a Malachai's Artifice with an Orb of Storms socketed for +75-100 Lightning Resist and a mini Elemental Equilibrium. There is a -20 All resist penalty for using this ring, so make sure your resists are filled out before thinking of this as an option! (You can't run Anger if you're using EE or it will add fire damage to Orb of Storms)

-For a better QoL I've found swapping Blood Rage to your CwDT setup, and adding Flame Dash over Blink Arrow feels a lot smoother and more reliable for dodging.

Flame Dash - Golem - Golem - Faster Casting

Gear
Spoiler

When you 6l your bow, you would ideally want a

Potential Alternatives:

Probably best in slot ring since double ignite should count to its increased damage/per source

Seems like a better damage choice than Impressence since you can still run flammability without reduced reservation, but worth a lot more

Cheaper alternative than Impressence and will proc Paragon of Calamity damage increase (self ignite is unreliable tho)

Good starter belt if you can't get a decent stygian or need the resists

Almost as good as Xoph's (I weapon swap to this for clear, the attack speed is a lot nicer)

Maloney's Nightfall Probably the second best choice

Jewels
Crucial to the build, allows us to stack 1 additional ignite

Underrated jewel, yes we lose potential life + burning damage but the accuracy helps our jewelry choices - placed up at the witch power charge socket for 800+ accuracy

Leveling
Spoiler

This was my league starter, so leveling was awkward but the best method would be to level as fire trap till start of act 3 - grab anger + herald of ash. Link burning arrow with elemental prolif + LMP/volley until GMP and things will just melt (use a mirage archer for QoL)

Death's Harp/Opus or Quill Rain would be the best for leveling with the pierce nodes by Assassin

BUT the hidden gem Infractem gives full pierce and other respectable stats

Normal Lab: Shaper of Desolation
Cruel Lab: Beacon of Ruin
Merc Lab: Paragon of Calamity
Uber Lab: Liege of the Primordial OR Pendulum of Destruction

Passives
Last edited by OnCue on Aug 14, 2018, 5:39:36 PM
Last bumped on Aug 14, 2018, 5:33:04 PM
Question: As far as I can see you only have one curse (Flammability) and I am not finding the second curse. What is the other curse?

Note: if there is only one curse why did you take Whispers of Doom for an additional curse?
Last edited by Whaler4444 on Aug 9, 2018, 10:23:49 AM
"
Whaler4444 wrote:
Question: As far as I can see you only have one curse (Flammability) and I am not finding the second curse. What is the other curse?

Note: if there is only one curse why did you take Whispers of Doom for an additional curse?

Witchfire brew gives a lv21 despair curse on use for the duration :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info