Vaal Righteous Fire

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Apr 18, 2021, 3:59:06 AM
Vaal righteous fire isn't really necessary to my build but I find it sad that it is now very similar to the non-vaal version of the skill, it was more interesting before because it allowed more variety and the inherant risk to its utilisation (being left with 1 life) was quite fun.

By the way good work with the incursion league, it is very nice ;-)
The skill itself is fine, however the aspect I find disappointing is its use with Low-life. Let me explain:

Currently Vaal Righteous Fire sacrifices 30% of HP and ES and the sacrifice of HP penetrates ES. So this means that if you are playing LLRF, to use Vaal RF you must have ~30% life unreserved (means sacrificing an aura or risk having your RF turn off) and you need to use a life flask so you can restore your life after using Vaal RF.

You might be thinking "Seems fair enough, Vaal RF is pretty powerful - their should be a downside." That's a fair point, however if you were to choose to use Vaal RF on a pure life RF build you do not need to sacrifice anything to use the skill. Simply socket it and go.

I understand this post is a bit wordy, but what I'm trying to say is I think it's a bit unfair that LLRF has to sacrifice an aura + a flask to use Vaal RF (or have their RF turn off), as opposed to playing Life RF who does not need to sacrifice anything. My suggestion? Make it so when you sacrifice HP and ES the HP damage does not penetrate ES.

That is all, loving the new League btw
"All has end, only sausage has two ends." - The Shaper
"
Gronkins wrote:
The skill itself is fine, however the aspect I find disappointing is its use with Low-life. Let me explain:

Currently Vaal Righteous Fire sacrifices 30% of HP and ES and the sacrifice of HP penetrates ES. So this means that if you are playing LLRF, to use Vaal RF you must have ~30% life unreserved (means sacrificing an aura or risk having your RF turn off) and you need to use a life flask so you can restore your life after using Vaal RF.

You might be thinking "Seems fair enough, Vaal RF is pretty powerful - their should be a downside." That's a fair point, however if you were to choose to use Vaal RF on a pure life RF build you do not need to sacrifice anything to use the skill. Simply socket it and go.

I understand this post is a bit wordy, but what I'm trying to say is I think it's a bit unfair that LLRF has to sacrifice an aura + a flask to use Vaal RF (or have their RF turn off), as opposed to playing Life RF who does not need to sacrifice anything. My suggestion? Make it so when you sacrifice HP and ES the HP damage does not penetrate ES.

That is all, loving the new League btw

+100

Absolutely True,

Dont understand why ggg do it, so all of llrf build cant use it atm, cause cannot activate rf after using vaal version.
Last edited by Mikle on Jun 11, 2018, 9:12:00 AM
Please revert the life cost change from 3.14

60% life and es is completely unreasonable.

RF characters are struggleing as is and used VRF mostly just for bosses, you halfed the damage and doubled the life costs.

Do you know how much 60% life is ? It's one hit and my char is dead for a tiny dps boost.

I beg you
please be rational, VRF was used because of the spell damage bonus, there is no good reason to nerf VRF damage by 50% and double the costs.

It already is used by so few people because of how weak it is dps wise and how expensive the equipment is, please don't make it even less used and less usable....
Very cool mirror Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3227915

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info