Fire Trap

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Dec 19, 2021, 6:35:38 PM
I'm using Fire Trap and I'm trying to make it proliferate the burn damage. I thought I could this by using the Ignite Proliferation Support or in case it didn't work the Elemental Proliferation Support. I'm stomped since I cannot use either to proliferate.

I'm not using Elemental Focus Support I checked that ;)
Also I looked over my passive tree to see if there was something that would interfer.

I looked at my ignite chance which is 49% for Fire Trap so I can ignite enemies with it, but after throwing quite a few in Blood Aquaducts I concluded that neither support gem would let me proliferate.

I have tried these combinations:

Fire Trap, Combustion Support, Deadly Ailments Support, Trap and Mine Damage Support, Concentrated Effect Support, Ignite Proliferation Support.

Fire Trap, Combustion Support, Deadly Ailments Support, Trap and Mine Damage Support, Concentrated Effect Support, Ignite Elemental Proliferation Support.

Any information or ideas would be GREAT! :)
as of patch 3.9

the burn ground created by Fire Trap does not count "on kill effects"

explanation:
Trickster ascendacy's Patient Reaper passive states:
Recover 2% of Life on Kill
Recover 4% of Mana on Kill
Recover 2% of Energy Shield on Kill

when a monster dies on the initial explosion of the fire trap, the on kill effects happens, but when the monster dies in the burning ground, the on kill effect doesn't happen

please fix ASAP

i can see it from a programming perspective:

Fire Trap burn ground's parent object is the Fire Trap
Fire Trap's parent object is the Player

the burn ground's parent objects is currently not the player object
please change ASAP

thank you
hello GGG,

please bring back the old threshold jewel that this skill used to have (i remember it)

but change it to something like:

"with at least 40 dexterity in radius Fire Trap has 100% reduce trap duration"

The idea behind this is to make Fire Trap Burn Ground build even more viable
I have played Fire Trap burn ground this metamorph league and the main problem is having a mandatory:

Sunblast (unique belt)
2x Cheap Construction (unique jewel)

in order to get 100% reduce trap duration, it is a must on this build
specially in late game where there is so many monsters running around, and your fire traps are not proccing, because monsters are not in the "trigger radius" of the trap

I also recommend:
- increasing the duration of the burn ground to at least 2.5 seconds instead of 1.75, 1.75 is just to short, even caustic arrow base duration is 2 seconds

- reworking Sunblast unique belt, no one really uses that item anymore
Last edited by DngA on Feb 4, 2020, 1:44:29 AM
"
HAJFAJV wrote:
I'm using Fire Trap and I'm trying to make it proliferate the burn damage. I thought I could this by using the Ignite Proliferation Support or in case it didn't work the Elemental Proliferation Support. I'm stomped since I cannot use either to proliferate.

I'm not using Elemental Focus Support I checked that ;)
Also I looked over my passive tree to see if there was something that would interfer.

I looked at my ignite chance which is 49% for Fire Trap so I can ignite enemies with it, but after throwing quite a few in Blood Aquaducts I concluded that neither support gem would let me proliferate.

I have tried these combinations:

Fire Trap, Combustion Support, Deadly Ailments Support, Trap and Mine Damage Support, Concentrated Effect Support, Ignite Proliferation Support.

Fire Trap, Combustion Support, Deadly Ailments Support, Trap and Mine Damage Support, Concentrated Effect Support, Ignite Elemental Proliferation Support.

Any information or ideas would be GREAT! :)

to answer your question: it does proliferate, chances are, you just didnt notice it during that test, because your ignite chance is only 49%

make an actual ignite character, you will see both the burn ground and the ignite being there at the same time

if you want to see the ignite more visually clear, use a cinderswallow urn unique flask
I am very disappointed to see Firetrap constantly neglected. League after league this skill gem keeps getting indirectly nerfed due to the difficulty of the new league and new content, please show some love to

Firetrap skill gem. The Aoe is pretty bad
The skill is a static skill meaning no boss will eat the whole burning trap duration

Next would be the fact the gem tags go against any current trap build. Any multiple traps, traps cluster support gem will affect the damage over time in a pretty bad way.

Please tell me you can buff this skill gem on the current league otherwise I'm done. I'm sorry I been playing this game for more than 7 years and this is the only skill I'd like to use.

Also, an MTX Please???? how come the firestorm got an MTX after rework EVEN THO! the whole firestorm rework ended up killing the skill due to the delay.

But anyway, please devs, enlighten me why is fire trap so nerfed and rendered useless when it comes to playability. I have to throw 25 traps in order to hit a boss for more than 5 secs with burning ground lol.
Skill could use a touch up.

xoxo
I tried Fire Trap during Endless Heist and holy cow the AoE is so small for leveling. Despite the in-door setting and narrow spaces everywhere, it feels so bad. Especially when the skill is basically built towards not using any utility supports with negative multipliers. Otherwise the dmg gets laughably bad.

It is a bit sad that this skill feels so bad before you get the gem level into 20+ with gem level scaling and at least 200% inc AoE from Gear and passive tree.

Trap Mastery other than Skitter Bots and Traps Can't be damaged are meaningless for Fire Trap. A lot of focus on faster ignites on the passive tree but for Fire Trap and burning ground portion there is just % fire damage and % dot multiplier. Seems like some skills are completely abandoned when looking at "utilities" available for various other skills directly on the passive tree.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info