Cumulative Gore Effects (Raise Zombie, Offering skills)

Hi, I think the gore effects from Raise Zombie and the Offering skills need some improvements.

These skills leave behind bloody gore when used on a corpse. I'm okay with that. However, the gore does not disappear, which means you can fill the whole screen up with chunks of meat.

I think this is a serious problem for two reasons:

1. The gore can easily accumulate, especially on longer bossfights such as Shaper or Elder. This can cause performance issues.

2. Massive amounts of gore can clutter the screen, making other effects on the ground harder to see.

The old Detonate Dead had the same issue. It looks prettier now, and the splattered blood disappears. I think these skills need a similar visual overhaul.
Last edited by Kuglorf on Jun 7, 2018, 11:29:50 PM
Last bumped on Sep 28, 2018, 3:00:22 PM
"
All those gibs are what makes those skills so great though. Sometimes you can even make them dance by hitting /oos. Because you have to sync your gibs.

Or use the gibs to make awesome screenshots.

Again, the problem here is that the gibs on the ground last forever. This CAN put a strain on your fps, even with a high end pc.

Here is a "biased" example, demonstrating framerate loss: https://youtu.be/yW77CGcWcuk?t=5m3s

Sure, not many builds will spam offerings at this rate, but even if we're talking about a regular summoner, longer bossfights may mean less fps. On your second screenshot, there are zombie corpses. Even these disappear after a slight delay. I fail to see why permanent gore is beneficial to anyone.
Last edited by Kuglorf on Jun 9, 2018, 1:43:23 PM
"
What is your idea of acceptable levels of gore?

Well, anything is acceptable that GGG deems necessary, as long as it does not stack to infinity.

Personally, I don't like the kind of gore these skills leave behind.
I mean, if we take a "lore" based approach on Raise Zombie and the Offering Skills, it doesn't even make much sense that they leave behind so many body parts. Especially Flesh Offering. Even the gem description begins by "Consumes a corpse". I guess it's just picky.

And no, this is not about me disliking gore. In fact, I find skills like detonate dead incredibly satisfying to look at. I guess a possible improvement could be making the meat chunks way smaller, and addig a lot more blood, similar to DD.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info