Grand Conquest Armor pack - texture bug?

I bought Grand Conquest supporter pack, cause i was so hyped for how it looks (it reminds me AoE III), but I feel little "click-baited", cause Grand Conquest armor looks (texture of steel plates) so strangely dark and ugly to me, almost no shine / gloss - steel plates on chest / gloves / legs are just dark and looks like made from rubber / leather.

I think even under character radius light, those armor plates should be silver and not black. Will this be fixed? Also i saw in reddit post similar problem with Legacy Armor set texture, maybe related? Only light from waypoint made it look better, but still it feels like rubber dummy :) Im not native English speaker, so please dont get me wrong, i dont mean any ofense with this post.

Also i bought Stygian Armour Pack and its piece of art!! But i just think Conquest Armor needs more love with textures / lightning.

Oriath square vs image from shop:

I edited image in GIMP, i think it should look something like this (ofc with more gloss and steel look), so i can clearly see what is steel plate and what is leather under it:

Oriath square #2:

HO in front of candle light:

HO in front of waypoint (this looks little better):

HO Minotaur armor comparison in same light:

Last edited by Chimerka on Jun 13, 2018, 9:07:15 AM
Last bumped on Jul 8, 2018, 8:08:03 AM
  • You bought something and aren't happy with it

Send an e-mail to support@grindinggear.com if you'd like to ask for a refund.

• You're unhappy because you think the promotional image was misleading

The screenshots you posted come across as contrived and unfair. You chose one of the darkest hideouts, appear to have not placed a single light anywhere, and then complained about darkness. I don't think this is a fair representation of the average area in Path of Exile. I use Elreon's hideout; but I also use approximately 20 Stand Lamps, I think 4 Candelabrums, and a Fireplace. I think it's expected that light sources will be used in particularly dark areas.

• tl;dr

I dunno. By all means ask for a refund if you aren't happy with what you purchased. I do think it's a touch darker in-game than I'd like for it to be, but your screenshots seem to be designed to make it look as dark as possible rather than to present it as it usually appears.

And then you complain

"
Chimerka wrote:
I feel click-baited

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:

appear to have not placed a single light anywhere, and then complained about darkness.

Did you even saw all images? There are screens from Oriath, there are screens with and without source of light and comparison to another armor set. Also i think that character light radius should provide enough light to make armor look good, but this armor (steel plate parts) looks like leather / rubber thing.

Also i dont want to send email on support and get money back, i love that armor and i wanted to support game by buying it, i just want to know if it gonna get fix. Well ok "click-bait" wasnt good example what i wrote, i changed wording a little bit.

But man, check first all images than write that kind of response, i made screens from more places, more types of light, etc and made comparison to another armor set with same light - also i saw post on reddit about Legacy armor which have same issue and it was shiny / gloss before patch, so maybe same textures, same problem. Really "valued poster"...

Im sorry, but dont tell this marked part of armor (lower part chest steel plate) should look like this under candle light, those steel plates should be silver (as it shown in the shop image) and not black:

Last edited by Chimerka on Jun 29, 2018, 6:10:29 AM
I posted this on Jun 7, 2018 6:26:09 PM

Any information to this issue from GGG team is very appreciated, please!
UPDATE - new images with another armors which i think their steel plates shine / gloss like Conquest armor steel plates should look - screens are from hideout and oriath, so same light source as my previous screens:

Alva has also Conqueror like armor - its dark, but it looks like armor - at least those steel part looks like really made of steel. So why Grand Conquest armor is made from rubber? :D
Last edited by Chimerka on Jun 29, 2018, 6:13:53 AM
I'll give you a friendly bump on this one mate, for the price they charge it's unacceptable quality. If they don't reply to this thread maybe you should consider refund as a way to find a channel which communicates to them your concerns even if you want to keep the armour model.
I just want to say, i really love this game, but this armor set needs overhaul and im little sad how can this be released, i love Conqueror look, but for 60$ its unacceptable quality. Please look at those screens, and bring some love to this armor set.

Im gonna bump / reply to this post, until i get proper answer - dont take it like i want to make look bad someone, but this armor for its price is not well made, 22 days and still waiting - good customer care
Last edited by Chimerka on Jun 29, 2018, 6:16:39 AM
Yes, Grand Conquest armour is ugly. It looks it is dirty with mud and the steel is rusty. Also cloak would look better without white trim.
Bump. Yeah, it should look less muddy and more silver with shine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info