[3.3] Ascendant Slayer/Raider Starforge Cyclone (ISC UberElder Downed)

I've played this build in 3.3 and it was really fun, best cyclone guide i've followed by far with clear and consise information. Thanks op. Gonna play this again and try the crit version, no changes in 3.4 I guess ?
Last edited by Sebexx on Sep 11, 2018, 8:54:07 AM
"
Sebexx wrote:
I've played this build in 3.3 and it was really fun, best cyclone guide i've followed by far with clear and consise information. Thanks op. Gonna play this again and try the crit version, no changes in 3.4 I guess ?

Sorry about the update, Been traveling a lot recently.
No major changes on most part.

But some optimization for endgame setup, since the new unique jewel "Unnatural instinct" is ridiculous for Scion when combined with our previous "Might of the Meek" setup.

https://imgur.com/ulheDfi

The socket at Left and Down are both "Might of the Meek", and "Unnatural instinct" for the Right socket. "Might of the Meek" boost the effect of small passives even if not allocated, and then "Unnatural instinct" can reap all the benefit while saving you bunch of passive points at the same time.
(These jewels are probably going to be expensive though.)
Last edited by Drosophila on Sep 13, 2018, 2:51:12 PM
Still the best phys cyclone guide on the forums imo! Thanks Drosophila.

I went crit cyclone this league from the very beginning and loved it, felt very smooth using hiltless instead of kondo's pride as the 7.5% base crit makes scaling easy.

I still haven't acquired an elder crit armor but crit starforge is feeling very good, although my effective crit is lower than recommended.

I've also been loving the shaper's touch and starkonja's combo as compared to rat's nest and tombfist. crit corrupted shaper's touch seems a good deal cheaper as well.

Got very lucky with an unnatural instinct drop, and the new jewel setup is indeed absurdly strong. I think currently Path of Building doesn't even register the effect of the 2 might of the meeks on unnatural instinct.

The cyclone aoe stealth nerf makes dropping the +1 range razor's edge node particularly painful, hopefully it is fixed soon.

Currently lvl 90 with 6.9k life and close to 1 mil dps (with bugged unnatural instinct), character name Atropha in DSC
Still filling out my atlas (at t15) and going smoothly. Next step is crafting an elder crit astral!

POB for anyone interested: https://pastebin.com/rT9KuCZD (Updated 9/19)
Last edited by Iatrox on Sep 19, 2018, 11:04:19 PM
"
Iatrox wrote:

The cyclone aoe stealth nerf makes dropping the +1 range razor's edge node particularly painful, hopefully it is fixed soon.

Just remind you that if you drop razor's edge, you should change the Bloodlust support of Totem into something else, since most of the bleed chance against bosses come from that wheel.
"
Just remind you that if you drop razor's edge, you should change the Bloodlust support of Totem into something else, since most of the bleed chance against bosses come from that wheel.

Great point, thanks!
Hi Droso,

following your guide and all good, BUT on single targets (map boss for example) i always run out of mana. any idea? jewel with +2 mana on hit i have.

Character Name "Onisciongoroshi" in Delve.
Last edited by Necronos777 on Sep 27, 2018, 6:58:16 PM
"
Necronos777 wrote:
Hi Droso,

following your guide and all good, BUT on single targets (map boss for example) i always run out of mana. any idea? jewel with +2 mana on hit i have.

Character Name "Onisciongoroshi" in Delve.

Replace the "mana gain on hit" jewel with a one with "(0.2–0.4)% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Mana" and you would be good. (EX: http://poe.trade/search/teazuamgohisin )

+2 mana on hit is just too little to fully sustain cyclone. (The reason you can sustain during map clearing is because your boot enchantment, which won't work in single boss situation.)

With that, you should be able to run a Herald of Purity as well.

Last edited by Drosophila on Sep 28, 2018, 1:29:20 AM
Thank you Droso, will check it out.

Are you sure about that?

"
But some optimization for endgame setup, since the new unique jewel "Unnatural instinct" is ridiculous for Scion when combined with our previous "Might of the Meek" setup.

In POB it lowers DPS by 100.000! Bug? Not yet implemented or does it really not work as we think?
Last edited by Necronos777 on Sep 28, 2018, 1:53:58 PM
"
Necronos777 wrote:
Thank you Droso, will check it out.

Are you sure about that?

"

In POB it lowers DPS by 100.000! Bug? Not yet implemented or does it really not work as we think?

Because POB currently only calculate the effect of Meek when you take the node.
But in the official game, the Meek affect the node even if unallocated. You can check it yourself by hovering the cursor on the "Unnatural instinct" in game if you have the same setup as my picture show, it should tell you you get "82% crit multi" from the "Unnatural instinct" rather than 45%, meaning that the double meek does work on the unallocated nodes.
got it :) nerf incoming. for sure!

this build rocks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info