[3.2] ASMR Dark Pact Leech Trickster

Disclaimer: This is my first Build Guide. If you have reccomendations on sequencing of parts, improving the ease of reading or improvements to the build itself feel free to leave a message.

Vidris' ASMR DP Leech Trickster

Pros and Cons

+ High Chaos damage
:: Damage scales very well into endgame
:: No Reflect

+ 40% Damage through Hits, 60% through DoTs
:: This allows to clear fast but still having Damage at the backend to kill blues with 1 cast more than whites.
:: Build is still able to leech ENOUGH, despite being DoT centered

+ High Life recovery
:: at 5.3k life i recover 3.6k per second through leech

+ High EHP against continous incoming damage
:: through MoM and Leech to both Mana and life we are VERY tanky

+ Dodge MoM Synergy
:: The occasional dodge helps the EHP pool to recover

+ ASMR levels of tranquility
:: The sound of a fast casting Dark Pact is soothing [See top image]
If a GGG employee reads this. Please make more skills with soft sounds like DP

+able to do endgame content
Killed all the guardians and shaper. Haven't tried Uber Elder yet, as i'm currently heavily engaged by learning materials. And yes. Writing Build Guides is a form of procrastination.

~High DoT is dangerous
:: our means of damage mitigation cripples us, as our mana runs out against very high DoT numbers
:: We are very likely to be dead if we didn't have MoM, so, yeah

-no melee movement skill
:: thus nor fortify
:: Lightning Warp only reaches true potential with it's enchantment

-not OP-sticking
:: We deal pure chaos damage, so no damage gained as, no resistance penetration.

-no really focused supports for pure chaos builds
:: i have a support quad curse Occultist, utilizing Spreading Rot in mind, but noone else but a friend will help you with that (you can easily achieve 3-4 times the dps, compared to playing alone)

Mechanics this Build utilizes

Defense

Important

Life: our main defense
-try to get more than 5k. Mana will compensate for alot. 6K is achievable, more so 5.5k

Resistances:
EHP Booster
- with all uniques in place only 3.5 pieces remain to get resistances on. Capping for Ele Weakness maps will be harder. Maps with Ele Weakness or Minus max res are defenitely doable. Maybe avoid the high end bosses. Endurance Charges help.

Leech:
HP and EHP recovery
68% life recovered per second
34% mana recovered per second

Triggered through Patient Reaper. In Boss fights where you canÄt keep this up you shouldn't get anyways. Life leech at 68% can be kept even against single target.

Mind over Matter
: EHP Booster
Mana recovery, regen and triggered recovery keep it full almost all of the time
Only downside are high degen (Lazor Seawitch, Crit poison on map rolls, degen clouds (e.g. Trio), Atziri Spears, etc) where you won't be able to regen against. Pantheons help alot

Dodge
: EHP Booster
Acro, Phase Acro and Atziri's steps

Temporary Physical Immunity
: to prevent gibbing
Cwdt+Immortal Call

Minor Importance
Physical Damage Reduction: EHP Booster
Endurance Charges + Weave the Arcane
Damage Reduction: EHP Booster
Weave the Arcane
Block: EHP Booster
Dual Wield. It's only 10%, but hey ...

Neglegible
Energy Shield
Armour

Offense

Hit Damage: Spell, Chaos, Clear
Damage over Time: Chaos, Poison, Single Target
Cast Speed

Build Theory

Extensive History

During the last Turmoil and Mayhem i played firstly a DP Occultist and then a DPBerserker and really liked it. Having to mitigate resources more than usual required me to be [giggle] resourceful[/giggle]. Doing that with the leech mechanic makes the most sense, for obvious reasons.
Riled up by the VP changes i thought "Hey, Slayer is the best leecher". Oh boi was i wrong. With Slayer you get a max of 40% of your Life recovered per second from leech. With Trickter you get 68% due to patient reaper giving you a 1.7 multiplier on all Leech.

TL;DR

Hit. Leech. Recover Life and Mana faster than usual. Survive.

Itemization

Build enabling

None. Literally no Item is needed. You can easily map with pure rare gear

Very Useful

Weapons

For the purpose of this build Apep's rage. Dual wielding 2 of them gives apprx a lvl 18 Added Chaos and 2 lvl 11 Faster Casting gems in one, which would equal a lvl 41 Faster casting.
The combination of added chaos damage and cast speed makes this weapon best [giggle] inslots [/giggle] FOR OFFENSE.
Why? Because the added damage scales both the Hit and the DoT.
The downside is more of an upside actually, but more to that later.

Armour

This is a Leech build utilizing chaos damage. Both of those things are provided by this armour.
Usually you don't need this much increased leech per second, but it helps sutaining our full 68% hp per second cap on single target.

Accessories

The base item is nigh irrelevant. The only really important thing on your amulet is "Enemies can have 1 additional curse

Jewels

Here you have 2 options, but one is better than the other
1st option (what you will be able to acquire very early)

The important part is the mana recovered. This makes that we don't run out of mana (usually, but more to that later)
The downside is, that we have to float at least one more skill gem. Usually not a problem, but there are better options to fill the slot we'd put it into. Also, this pushes the build into the "higher maintenance" direction, but there is the
2nd option

This makes the mod, we so desperately need and gives it to us as compeltely passive.
If you can get a 2 Clarity mod eye (except for the - to mana costs and Added as Energy shield) is absolutely premium. 1 mod is more than enough.
Only downside: the price

Flasks

This frees up 1 skill slot and 35% mana, making our MoM more sensible. You can do without it, but it's a boon

Regular items

Helmet

Mods on this items on order of importance
-Resistances
-Life
-Skills in this item are supported by Lvl x Minion Life Support
-+x to Lvl of Socketed Minion Gems

This build is rather res starved, if you push it towards shaper viable, so get alot of res and life
Minion life and + to Minion Gems are used to push the life of the Skeletons
Minion life is more important than the + to Gems, since you can run a 5L with Empower, but more of that for later (Skill section)

Boots

-Life
-Spell Dodge
-Movement Speed
Always try to get a 16% one and as much as life as possible

Rings
The Aspect of the Spider skill will be irrelevant in 3.3, just ignore it
here you have 2 main purposes:

One ring provides Resistances and Life

The other one uses the Elder Mod "Curse Enemies with Lvl x Warlord's Mark"

Try to get as much res and life as possible on it
This Mod frees up another 2 Gem Slots, which would have been filled with Blasphemy and Warlords's Mark, and more mana, to make our MoM even better

Gloves

-Life
-Resistances
-Strength

In 3.2 and Standard only

You really have to manage your resistances with this one, but it provides you with apprx 15-20% extra dps and the added benefit of reduced movement speed on enemies on the cost of reduced mana

Belt
Mods on the Belt that are important
-Life
-Strength
-Resistances

Bases (In order of viability):
-Stygian Vise
-Heavy Belt
-Leather Belt

Flasks

Life Flasks
You can go with either 1 or 2 Flasks. For certain content (e.g. Labyrinth) i'd reccomend 2. For general mapping purposes 1 is enough.

For insta-flasks, always use the ones with higher max recovery (Mapping and Endgame: Eternal Life Flask)
The non-instant flask is usual an eternal one (due to faster recovery) but with both Herbalist (Passive Node) and Patient Reaper we can go for the higher recovery one. Not AS fast, but fast enough in most cases.

Utility Flasks

I prefer the Silver Flask, since it's a general useage flask for both bossing and mapping. For Bosses i'd reccomend a "of Reflexes" instead of "of Adrenalin"
On behalf of the Quartz Flask, i prefer them to the Basalt Flasks in nearly all cases (Labyrinth, Guardians, mapping, etc.)

If you want to run with 1 Life Flask and want more single target damage

Jewels
Just get Hypnotic Eye Jewels with following Mods (in order of importance)

Added Chaos Damage to Spells while Dual Wielding
Added Chaos Damage to Spells
+ to maximum Life
Added Physical Damage to Spells while Dual Wielding
Added Physical Damage to Spells

Interesting choices for Amulet

This is an MoM build. This amulet is THE MoM amulet. It gives life, mana and inc Power Charge duration. Aswell as an increased MoM effect and mana regen (the latter two are unimportant, nigh irrelevant. This is due to our high mana recovery through Walk the Aether and the mana leech).

A little bit more life, inc life recovery from flasks and no inc bleed damage taken.
This amulet would increse the recovery from our insta flask to apprx 2.2 k per use.

Not ideal, but would give us the most damage.
The Despair reserve reduction enables the exchange of 1 Utility flask to 2 Gem Sockets. Not what i would favour currently, but be creative and try. I disfavor it, since there aren't alot of flasks useful to us.

Most likely the best inslot for 3.3 and most likely worth the 7 points on the tree to get Whispers of Doom, as it will be fuckin expensive to get a non curse one. (my personal estimation. Will be happy if i fail to make the correct prediction)

In my opinion the best mana amulet right now. Gives a whole buttload of mana. And if you don't have enough strength at the start of the league it should be your go io.

Nice for Leveling. Attributes, increased leech and damage while leeching makes it viable even for early mapping.

A nice damage increase, but nothing special. More investment into charges would be required.

a very nice amulet if you want to increase your clearspeed. Cast and Movementspeed, reduced skill effect duration for your Lightning Warp and more leech on single target for situations where patient reapers last proc was 5 seconds ago.

Enchantments and Corruptions

Helmet

Corruptions:
When hit x% of Damage is taken from mana before Life

Enchantments (in order of importance)
Reduced Duration of Lightning Warp
Despair Curse Effect (only if you use Impresence)
Dark Pact Damage
Dark Pact cast speed
Abyssal Cry Damage
Immortal Call Duration
Immortal Call Chance not to consume Endurance Charges
Dark Pact AoE
Wither Duration
Wither AoE

Boots

Corruptions:
Movement Speed
Maximum Frenzy Charges
Chance to Dodge Attacks
+1 to Level os Gems in this Item

Enchantments:
Movement Speed while not recently hit
Spell Dodge when hit by Spells

Gloves

Corruptions:
Cast Speed

Enchantments:
of Spite
of Winter
of Reflection

Body Armour
+1 to socketed gems [tarke] That would be poggers [/tarke]
chaos res
avoidance of ailments

Wands
Culling Strike (only 1 needed)

Amulet
+1 additional curses on enemies (nearly mandatory)

Rings
x of damage gained as Mana
Cast speed
avoidance of frozen
chaos res

Jewels
Inc Chaos damage per corrupted item
inc life leech per corrupted item
inc mana leech per corrupted item
chaos res
Charge duration
reduced ailment duration
silence immunity

Skill, Class and Ascendancy Choice

Skill:
Dark Pact
Why not Blade Nova EK?
Pro:
Pure Chaos damage - easier scalability - no reflect
higher single target - due to the skellie possibility
Contra:
life cost - not an issue at all (if you adjust your playstyle slightly)
Can't use Harness the void, missing out on alot of damage
Can't use added chaso based on physical damage (e.g. Gloomfang)

Conclusion:
BN EK would be an interesting variation of this build and i will test it out at some point (after my exams)

Classes:
2 Options

1st: Shadow - Trickster
+Patient Reaper
+optimal Starting Point
+Walk the Aether
+nearly all skills available while lvling

2nd: Scion - Tricklayer/Slickster
+Recovery effect not ended, once at full life
+still high leech (60%)
+Culling Strike (opening up your build for faster transition from LW-culling setup to 4L Abyssal Cry)
-harder to sustain MoM

Leveling

Generally, level as a ED or Blight Trickster, untill you reach either point. Caustic Arrow allows for a similar passive tree building, but the change in itemization may prove more complicated than switching from the ED/Blight setup. If you want to play a different leveling build you honestly don't need to read this section.

Acquire Dark Pact:
If you got a Reverberation Rod, you just need to run a Blasphemy+Warlord's Mark setup and 2 Life Flasks and it's doable. If you don't have at least a +1 to socketed gems 4L setup, don't transition yet. This is my preferred way, since i derive alot of fun seeing a build unfold. Also seein the differences of power level with each part assembled. If you just want to reach the other build transition point asap, continue you current build and start at point 2.

Acquire Stone Golem:
Enables more or less passive sustain of DP (Dependant on max life and Cast Speed)

Acquire 2 Apep's Rage (Lvl 62):
At this point you should have reached Vaal Pact and Patient Reaper and be able to easily sutain it, and thus your life.

General Lvling Tips:
Get a 4 link Helmet with +2 to Socketed Minion Gems ASAP, once you've transitioned to DP.
If you are transitioning at Lvl 62 you most likely will already have a 5L. Use that for your DP and the +2 helmet for your skellies.

Once you get a Blasphemy setup running (with DP as your main skill) and you are in a boss fight, remember to setup you skellies and Wither totem for fast kills. Depending on your level you might wanna stay close to the boss, even though you could cast from a save distance, due to your despair having relatively short range at that point

Ascendancy - Trickster

1st: Patient Reaper
2nd: Weave the Arcane (to get MoM started once you [giggle]lift one curse [/giggle] from your setup.
3rd: Swift Killer
4th: Prolonged Pain

Ascendancy -Scion

1st: Passive point towards Shadow
2nd: Trickster Ascendancy and statpoints towards Duelist
3rd: Slayer Ascendancy
4th: Shadow starting point

Lvling Skill Tree

Placeholder: It's 2:44 am here. Will provide it with appropriate trees before the next league starts. Good night Fuckers.

Skills to take while leveling

This section is for what skills come in usefull later on.

Act 1

-Blight (If needed, untill you switch)
-Essence Drain
-Flame Dash (until you acquire LightWarp+RedDur+SwiAff or you don't have enough Slots)
-Wither
-Lightning Warp
-Contagion
-Summon Skeletons
-Rallying Cry (Run with from Start of MoM useage until acquisition of the Watcher's eye
-Onslaught (On either Blight or Contagion)
-Void Manipulation
-Arcane Surge (more to it in the skills section)
-Unbound Ailments

Act 2

-Culling Strike
-Faster Casting (get 3 of those)

Act 3

-Dark Pact
-Despair
-Warlord's Mark (Siosa)
-Poison
-Swift Affliction
-Increased Duration
-Reduced Duration
-Spell Totem (Siosa, or from a friendly on global 820 earlier)
-Blasphemy
-Minion Life (Siosa, or from a friendly on global 820 earlier)

Act 4

-Immortal Call (Max Lvl 3)
-Abyssal Cry (as high as your str allows)
-Summon Stone Golem (Use until acquisition of Vaal Pact)
-Vile Toxins
-Cast when Damage taken (leave on Lvl 1 or to your educated preference)
- Inc AoE
-Spell Echo

Others

-Empower (for endgame you should have a lvl 3 one, either buy or lvl it)

Leveling uniques

Lvl 1
-Lifesprig
-Tabula Rasa
-Skin of the Loyal/Lords
-Lochtonial Caress
-Goldrim
Lvl 3
-Wanderlust
Lvl 5
-Karui Ward
-Stone of Lazhwar
Lvl 6
-The Screaming Eagle (2 times on weapon swap)
Lvl 8
Asenath's Mark
Lvl 9
-Briswrap
Lvl 12
-Victario's Flight
Lvl 16
Atziri's Foible
Lvl 18
-Dusktoe
-Zerphi's Last Breath (only in certain leagues)
Lvl 20
-Belt of the Deceiver
-Carnage Heart
Lvl 23
-The Peregrine
-Matua Tupuna (for DP)
Lvl 24
-Reverberation Rod
Lvl 25
-Foxshade
Lvl 32
-The Aylardex
-The Dark Seer
Lvl 33
-Windscream
Lvl 38
-The Gull
Lvl 46
-Belly of the Beast
Lvl 49
- The Covenant
Lvl 62
-Apep's Rage

Skills and Links

Dark Pact:

3L in a Reverberation Rod
Dark Pact + Void Manipulation + Poison

4L in a +2 to Socketed Minion Gems Helmet:
Dark Pact + Void Manipulation + Spell Echo + Poison

5L in a rare Body Armour or The Covenant
+ IncAoE/UnbAil

6L in a Cherrubim's Maleficence
+ IncAoE/UnbAil + Vile Toxins

Summon Skeletons:

4L in a +2 to Socketed Minion Gems Setup
Summon Skeletons + Minion Life + Spell Echo + Arcane Surge [LvL 13]

4L in a Socketed Gems are supported by Lvl 16/18/20 Minion Life (and +2 to Socketed Minion Gems)
Summon Skeletons + Empower + Spell Echo + Arcane Surge [LvL 14]

Wither Totem:

3L in a Wand
Wither + Faster Casting + Spell Totem

Blashphemy

3L in a Wand
until you have at least a Witchfire Brew or a Warlord's Mark Curse Ring
Blasphemy + Despair + Warlord's Mark

2L in a Wand
until you have both a Witchfire Brew or a Warlord's Mark Curse Ring
Blasphemy + Despair/Warlord's Mark + Clarity

Lightning Warp
4L Setup in your Boots
Lightning Warp + Reduced Duration + Swift Affliction +Culling Strike

Rallying Cry
Rallying Cry + Increased Duration + Increased AoE + Stone Golem
Swap Stone Golem for Fire Golem, once you spec into Vaal Pact

Once you get Watcher's Eye, trade Rallying Cry Setup for this:

Immortal Call + Vaal Haste
3L/2L
Immortal Call + Cast when Damage taken + Increased Duration + Vaal Haste

Once you get a Corrupted Apep's Rage with Culling Strike, swap your LW and Blasphemy+Aura Setup for this

Lightning Warp
3L Setup in a Wand
Lightning Warp + Reduced Duration + Swift Affliction

Abyssal Cry + Clarity
4L in your boots
Clarity + Abyssal Cry + Void Manipulation + IncAoE
Pro Tip: You will need to recolour your boot sockets. Don't buy corrupted boots with 1r1b2g like i did

Pantheon

There isn't really a need for anything.

Major:
-To compensate a downside of MoM take Arakaali for the (Chaos DoT) resistance, less shock effectiveness, and the inc recovery rate after DoT.
-For clearing maps Sould of Lunaris is the best (mov speed)

Minor:
-Soul of Ralakesh for certain fights (against maiming and bleeding enemies)
-Garukhan for clear
-Shakari against Poison. Lab and the 3.2 poison boss comes to mind

FAQ

But Yoji .. uhm. *cough* MEMES. But Yoji, that Skeleton DPS is terrible!

Yeah. For a single skeleton it is. As the Skill chains two additional times you may multiply the skeleton dps by 3. With my current setup i reach ~850k without charges and Flasks ~1.5m with them. I could deal far more single target and weren't completely stupid and have a sub par helmet (see helmet reccomendations aka i can't follow my own guide kappa)
In reality i noticed the possibility of Minion life on the item + empower lvl 3 is far more potent than the +2 to Minion Gems helmet.
Heed my call minion. Don't continue the same mistake

With Fenumu's Weave gone your DPS and CC will plummet!

Yes. But the build will gain Zerphi's Heart and depending on its availability even with +1 to curse, which is a far bigger increase in power level than the gloves, giving us more space for resitances, helping us in the medium gearing process.

Placeholder

Pastebin

https://pastebin.com/8ju6sjb9

PERFECTGEAR

How you would fare on average in a Shaper/Guardian fight.
Manipulate Configuration to your liking
https://pastebin.com/rjWETQX0

Last edited by Vidris on May 28, 2018, 6:53:28 AM
Last bumped on May 28, 2018, 7:00:53 AM
Placeholder
hc viable?
Personally i play on softcore, but i have to say that this build, if you adjust your playstyle to it. Here are a few points (will be included into the main guide later)

-Remember to put up your Skeletons and Wither Totem on single target, especially against T16 Bosses

-If you don't have your Skeletons up, and no Target to leech off of, you can kill yourself very fast. In about 2 seconds, a bit shorter if you are fully buffed (due to cast speed)

-You can run every map mod, even no leech (how?)
__Just don't jump in yourself, summon your Skellies and off-screen the enemies. Allows for a very cautious play style, when need be.

-Skill dependant
__It takes a bit of time to adjust to the playstyle, as you are more dependant on leech than you usual leech build. Try it out in SC if you want to train first

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info