New Zana mod: Ongoing league

Hello.
It would be nice for level 8 Zana to offer a mod that applies the current league mechanics to the map, so that permanent league characters may experience it too. Of course, those mods could be introduced mid-league, in order to avoid permanent players to experience end-game content way before league players.

On another note, I tend to find Zana mods too expensive to play them for fun. What are your opinions about her pricing?
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
On another note, I tend to find Zana mods too expensive to play them for fun. What are your opinions about her pricing?

Zana mods are extremely overpriced for low tier maps and almost a no-brainer for high tier maps.

Get a tier 3 map and transmute it into magic. Is 4 chaos really worth 20% more crappy loot?

Get a map for 4-5 chaos, chisel it, roll good mods on it, corrupt it. Add 4 more chaos to add 20% more high tier map and currency drops?

The price of the mods should scale with the tier of the map, even if it's just white/yellow/red. Maybe have it be trans orbs for white (the game needs a trans sink anyway), alchs for yellow, and chaos for red maps? I would definitely use her much more if this was the case.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on May 24, 2018, 11:31:13 PM
I doubt GGG will introduce the feature OP asks for, if you want to experience current league content you play in current league... not that I'm against it, just saying.

I mostly replied because this
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
The price of the mods should scale with the tier of the map, even if it's just white/yellow/red. Maybe have it be trans orbs for white (the game needs a trans sink anyway), alchs for yellow, and chaos for red maps? I would definitely use her much more if this was the case.
is a great suggestion imho.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Honestly I love the mods that make the game more active or more challenging. I would put Beyond, Bloodlines, or others like that on most maps even if the additional mobs dropped no loot or XP, just for the fun of it. It saddens me greatly that it is not economically feasible until late endgame, if ever.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on May 25, 2018, 4:31:35 AM
Ye, economy of map device is killing the "having fun" purpose.

It should definitely scale per tier (at least white / yellow / red price). I never run any zana mods unless i have like 300c to waste, because it really feels like a waste.

I would much rather chaos spam some crafting base rather than spending chaos orbs on map device.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Last edited by Marxone on May 25, 2018, 8:31:26 AM
"
Marxone wrote:
Ye, economy of map device is killing the "having fun" purpose.

It should definitely scale per tier (at least white / yellow / red price). I never run any zana mods unless i have like 300c to waste, because it really feels like a waste.

I would much rather chaos spam some crafting base rather than spending chaos orbs on map device.

The magic with map device is that you really have to pump all tools inside it for maximum efficiency. Also the state of economy plays a role - in Bestiary start when currencies were fucked, T13 maps were 3C when they usually are 10C. Because of the low currency availability, people weren't able to use the map device properly as well. You can get your returns off from a 3C map device 20 quantity increase if your map returns you at least 15C per run.

Regarding having current league in Standard, that's definitely not going to happen because it kills the majority of the league's purpose. No matter how good the idea is or how it's implemented, it won't happen.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Zana's map device definitely does need a rework. A late introduction of the challenge mechanics into Standard would actually be a good idea; anyone that ACTUALLY cared about the league will have already gotten through it, or invested enough that they wouldn't be swapping back to Standard yet.

Even better an idea is scaling the price based upon the tier of maps; I agree that several chaos means that there's basically NEVER any point to ever using map mods (besides the free +8% quantity) on anything other than a T12+ map.

If GGG wants people to actually run harder content for better rewards, then they should make the map mods more affordable on other maps other than just what we use to buff out T15/guardian maps.

Granted, it might be a bit harder to produce a whole table of each mod vs. tier, so I'd even settle for a scaling price on "Fortune Favors the Brave." Make it cost two transmutes on any white map. And, thematically, make it two chance orbs on a yellow map; only make it cost chaos orbs on red maps.

"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
Regarding having current league in Standard, that's definitely not going to happen because it kills the majority of the league's purpose.

Well, the flip side of that? Halfway through a league, the league ITSELF has already killed the majority of its purpose. It takes like 5-6 weeks for each new challenge league to wind up being almost a ghost town when it -IS- a popular one, or like 3-4 for something like Bestiary. :V
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
...current league mechanics to the map...introduced mid-league...

Way cool. +1
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
The price of the mods should scale with the tier of the map...

Also a great idea! Most characters (of mine, at least) don't make it into red maps, but generally fizzle out in yellows. So I never pay for Zana mods, what a wasted opportunity.
May your maps be bountiful, exile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info