Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Don't forget to rework Berserker in 3.3!

There's been a clear lack of Berserker complaints recently, so I thought I'd post a last minute reminder about it. Of course I'd love to believe that Berserker ascendancy changes have been on the table for almost the entire Bestiary, but, you know, better to be safe than sorry.
Last bumped on May 31, 2018, 2:58:08 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It's like what 0.3% people play that garbage of a class?

HaHAA 1K hours
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Honesty, rage is debuf for Zerker.
There's certainly a lot of see-sawing... Back in 3.0/3.1, Berserker was the only class worth taking that wasn't named Pathfinder.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
I haven't tried the new berserker yet. Don't change it :)

It's the least popular class at the moment. Played by 1%
Deadeye is 19%
http://poe.ninja/event/builds
I'm willing to bet that the reduction in the Berserker's power wasn't THAT great... Just that players inevitably overreact to anything perceived as a "nerf" and flee away from it.

I'm pretty sure that the class will remain un-changed on the whole for at least another league. The real test will be when we see Mathil, etc. start streaming Berserkers. If it wasn't an "over-nerf" expect to see that 1% become at least a 5% overnight. But for now? Yeah, no surprise, since the only two things that alter popularity of build elements are whether it was either last nerfed, or last displayed by a popular streamer. Buffs don't affect usage, but DO often tie into streamers showing them off, which DOES affect usage.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Last edited by ACGIFT on May 25, 2018, 1:12:59 PM
Yes sometimes all it takes is one streamer and things change.
Neah, no one can say with a straight face that Berserker wasn't hit very hard by the current "nerf". Regardless, it actually makes it the go to class for turning the difficulty dial to 11 when playing "real melee".

And if is definitely less spectacular than most other Ascendancy classes, and became a pale shadow of it's previous glorious "Opie-Op" status.

But it still works, so I won't complain too much, although some "bringing it in line" would be welcomed...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
"
ACGIFT wrote:
I'm willing to bet that the reduction in the Berserker's power wasn't THAT great... Just that players inevitably overreact to anything perceived as a "nerf" and flee away from it.

I'm pretty sure that the class will remain un-changed on the whole for at least another league. The real test will be when we see Mathil, etc. start streaming Berserkers. If it wasn't an "over-nerf" expect to see that 1% become at least a 5% overnight. But for now? Yeah, no surprise, since the only two things that alter popularity of build elements are whether it was either last nerfed, or last displayed by a popular streamer. Buffs don't affect usage, but DO often tie into streamers showing them off, which DOES affect usage.

No the nerf was THAT great, in both direct (the rage degen, where you are better off even for damage to just not pick a 4rth notable at all) and indirect(by buffing other classes) ways. Considering it is THE ONLY ascedancy that has downsides, and very severe ones, suppocedly in exchange for being the ultimate damage dealer, while other ascedancies with no downsides and even good defensive options outperform the Berseker even in DPS...
"
astraph wrote:
No the nerf was THAT great, in both direct (the rage degen, where you are better off even for damage to just not pick a 4rth notable at all) and indirect(by buffing other classes) ways. Considering it is THE ONLY ascedancy that has downsides, and very severe ones, suppocedly in exchange for being the ultimate damage dealer, while other ascedancies with no downsides and even good defensive options outperform the Berseker even in DPS...

I don't think you're qualified to speak on it; I'm guessing you just looked over it and got salty.

Remember that Berserker had a downside even before (10% increased damage taken) which was justified by it being tied to an outright "MORE DAMAGE" multiplier.

Again, you just name things that you "don't like;" so far, the math I've done shows it should still PROBABLY be pretty viable; the only "downside" is it requires not being too braindead to manage your stats/HP, which does contradict the expectations of most players to just mash all their flask keys and click once to kill a boss.

The real test, again, will be someone serious playing it. If a big streamer makes a build with it and then tons of people copy it, then you'll be 100% wrong. If the streamers try it and it winds up being a cringe-filled failfest, then you'd be actually right.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info