How to calculate the real damage of weapon and skills

I crafted a 2H mace with a dps of 443.The rolls are not ideal but I really like the lvl20 maim support on it. Does it mean that with the 30% increased damage from maim support, the dps is now 443×1.3=576 ? If the dps is 576, I will use this mace myself. The mace I'm using now is the Kongor's Undying Rage, which has a dps of 450. The problem is that when I put a sunder gem on those two weapons, the dps of sunder is still higher at Kongor's Undying Rage. At first, I thought the maim support was not counted. However, when I shift the sunder gem to my body amour, the sunder dps went even lower, which means the maim support 30% increased damage was counted. Can someone explain why? Should I sell this mace at 1 chaos or use it myself?

Rarity: Rare
Hypnotic Burst
Terror Maul
--------
Two Handed Mace
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Physical Damage: 239-348 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 5.00%
Attacks per Second: 1.51 (augmented)
Weapon Range: 11
--------
Requirements:
Level: 67
Str: 212
--------
Sockets: B-R-R R R-G
--------
Item Level: 85
--------
30% increased Stun Duration on Enemies
--------
Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Maim
148% increased Physical Damage
21% increased Attack Speed
20% chance to Maim on Hit
Adds 14 to 28 Physical Damage
--------
Shaper Item
--------
Note: ~price 1 chaos

Last edited by FlameBiter on May 22, 2018, 4:25:59 PM
Last bumped on May 22, 2018, 6:19:23 PM
I dont see any any key!
I could link you the actual formula so you can calculate it by hand but your best bet, in terms of having in quick, easy and accurate, is to fire up Path of Building and creating an scenario which let's you compare these exact numbers under different circumstances.
"
FlameBiter wrote:
Can someone explain why?

My guess would be the "Hits Can't be Evaded" mod on Kongor's. The tooltip takes Accuracy into account.

If you take Resolute Technique then the Shaper mace will probably be better

If you don't take Resolute Technique you may want to stick to Kongor's
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Thanks bud, I took the resolute technique. In the character screen, the Kongor's mace gives higher dps, But I do believe there is something wrong with it because Kongor's mace can't deal crits. With the onslaugt buff, the attack speed goes up to 1.5, still lower than the shaper mace. Hopefully, the shaper mace would be better. I really want to get a 7-link weapon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info