Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

A Question for the Tencent Chicken Littles (Chickens Little? Plurals are fun)

Suppose Incursion and the two leagues that follow are your three favorite leagues ever created, each one better than the last. And also suppose that the MTX supporter packs that accompany those leagues have the best, most enchanting visuals and themes that you've seen yet. And further suppose that they announce 4.0 and it has everything you ever wanted them to change about the game and more...

would you still really not buy a pack? Even though it's the same employees who created all that content that got you to buy the other 5-10 packs you bought?
Last bumped on May 22, 2018, 9:49:24 PM
Yep. It's not hard to not buy something, particularly when it's free.
"
innervation wrote:
Suppose Incursion and the two leagues that follow are your three favorite leagues ever created, each one better than the last. And also suppose that the MTX supporter packs that accompany those leagues have the best, most enchanting visuals and themes that you've seen yet. And further suppose that they announce 4.0 and it has everything you ever wanted them to change about the game and more...

would you still really not buy a pack? Even though it's the same employees who created all that content that got you to buy the other 5-10 packs you bought?

Suppose I buy the pack now before release and it's complete fucking garbage...
Suppose I feel the transition in authority may have been the blame for incursion being bad and I buy the next supporter pack in anticipation for a gleeful league, then it sucks just as bad.
You can do the speculative BS all day...
Just sayin

Boss
Chicken littles....

I like how you naive people are looking down on the people who are concerned about this tencent ordeal.

You can give your money to tencent if you want but i'll be stopping my purchases.
"
kickaxe88 wrote:
Chicken littles....

I like how you naive people are looking down on the people who are concerned about this tencent ordeal.

You can give your money to tencent if you want but i'll be stopping my purchases.

Much like the people who say they're going to quit the game over balance and design decisions (and come back for a new league like clockwork), I suspect much the same will happen here.

The difference here is, one can hate a design decision, then get wooed back by the shiny new power creep that inevitably comes in the next league. GGG can't put the toothpaste back in the tube of being a minty fresh indie dev studio. It may be enough to change purchasing behavior, but I doubt it.

As for me, I will continue to support as I always have, if they keep doing what they always have. Make fun leagues and MTX I want, and I will buy. Put out ugly stuff like the Incursion MTX, and make a league like Bestiary? Hard pass.
"
innervation wrote:

The whole idea of the supporters packs were founded on the principle that YOU were the one supporting the games development and allowing them to develop the game how they wanted to.

Now the whole notion of voting with your wallet is out of the window, you are only partially supporting the devs ( i doubt we'll know just how much money will flow to tencent)

What is going to kill the game is and always has been the players.

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on May 21, 2018, 3:05:43 AM
"
innervation wrote:
"
kickaxe88 wrote:
Chicken littles....

Much like the people who say they're going to quit the game over balance and design decisions (and come back for a new league like clockwork), I suspect much the same will happen here.

The difference here is, one can hate a design decision, then get wooed back by the shiny new power creep that inevitably comes in the next league. GGG can't put the toothpaste back in the tube of being a minty fresh indie dev studio. It may be enough to change purchasing behavior, but I doubt it.

As for me, I will continue to support as I always have, if they keep doing what they always have. Make fun leagues and MTX I want, and I will buy. Put out ugly stuff like the Incursion MTX, and make a league like Bestiary? Hard pass.

I never said i'd stop playing. I just won't give them another penny. No skin off my ass if you believe me or not
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Yes. I still really would not buy a pack.

same here.

“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
I haven't bought challenge league supporter packs since Legacy, for reasons I've stated on here multiple times already. That's not going to change.
On top of that, Incursion is time-travel Breach. That all but guarantees it will be in my top three least favourite leagues.
And now this?

Let's just say I'm not worried that I might buy a supporter pack.
Last edited by Velari on May 21, 2018, 6:45:47 AM
If the majority payout still goes to Tencent as a majority shareholder? Wouldn't even blink at not buying the MTX, or supporting the game.

Can't do it, won't do it. Which saddens me, as GGG as a company I do like and would prefer to support, but in this setup... that's not what most of my money would be going to do.

C'est la vie.

EDIT: It ain't even a gameplay thing, for me. I'll probably still be here, playing, and boosting the concurrent players metric and doing everything else I usually do in the game. I'm just cutting out the notion of spending money at all.

Which does sort of suck, as it had been on my mind this round, but in light of current events... Nope.
Last edited by Foxfirega on May 21, 2018, 6:44:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info