[3.2]Pasta's Low Life RF Guardian [10k+ ES without Presence][500k+ Shaper DPS on a 5 Link]

About Me and the Build:
Hey, I've been playing PoE on and off since beta, primarily playing standard up until Torment league, where I decided to try the leagues for once instead of waiting for mechanics to go core, and I have not looked back since. I have been making my own builds since about Perandus league, where I actually bothered to learn a lot of the game's mechanics, however, one mechanic I'd really struggled to understand until now, was Righteous Fire. It was just one of those skills that I thought would be super dull to play, but in Beastiary my goal was to learn how it worked, and oh boy did I learn.

Why did I make this build:
Because people think this build costs hundreds of exalts, when you can do it with <10ex and still do all of the content in the game.

Obligatory Pro/Con list:
Spoiler

Pro:
- Incredibly tanky
- Decent clear speed
- Fun to play
- Really fun to self craft a lot of your non unique gear*
- Can be made way cheaper
- Does NOT require Presence of Chayula

Con:
- Can't instantly kill every boss
- Not top tier clear
- Feels “meh” up until about 75-80
- Not fun to level
- BiS can be expensive
- Templar is ugly af

Gear:
Spoiler

Memory Vault: One of the strongest items in the game right now, with its downside actually being really useful for our build, letting us reserve slightly more Mana with the same amount of auras we would normally use, meaning we squeeze more ES out of our Mana pool, I have no idea why it's so cheap. Look for 190+ Mana and 150+ Energy Shield, as they are the most important rolls.

Prism Guardian: lets us reserve more auras that we would be able to with a RoTP or Saffell's frame, look for a 25+ Dexterity roll, as the build is pretty Dexterity starved and we need 108 to run a 20 Faster Attacks.

Shaper's Touch: Another super cheap Item that enables us to stack Strength on our rares to achieve a respectable amount of ES without heavy investment. Look for a pair with 100%+ Increased Armour and Energy Shield, mine are only 83% because they dropped for me.

Shavronne's Wrappings: This item is basically the centerpiece of this build, Self explanatory. Look for one with 310+ Energy Shield. Just pretend that after 8k fusings that mine is linked.

Doryani's Catalyst: Why this over Doon? Because, we don't stack enough strength for Doon to be worth it. Also Doon has 1.20 attacks per second, and feels like shit to clear with, Doryani's has 1.6 with a top attack speed roll, so shield charging feels far smoother. Look for one with 13%+ Attack speed and 90%+ Elemental damage.

Bated Breath: It's cheap and a solid choice, this item for me gives 700+ Flat ES, however is beaten out buy the more expensive option; A shaped belt with the following affixes:
- #+ to Maximum Energy Shield
- #+ to Strength
- %+ to Maximum Energy Shield
- % Energy Shield Recovery Rate
But a belt with those stats will cost you a fair few exalts. Look for a as close to a perfect roll as you can, all of the stats on Bated Breath are useful for us.

Boots: Look for rare boots with the following stats:
- 135+ Energy Shield
- 15%+ Movement Speed
- Resistances
These are listed in order of importance.

Rings: If you can't afford a level 21 purity of fire, get a +3 unset with some strength on it until you can. If you've got a level 21 purity of fire, look for rings with the following stats:
- 35+ Strength
- #+ Mana
- #+ Energy shield
- #+ to all Elemental resistances
Try to get at least one opal, the stats again are listed in order of importance, although saying that you will need at least one ring with some #+ to all Elemental resistances, as our resistance cap for cold and lightning are 79% and 80% respectively.

Amulet: Cheaper option mid-late league is Atramentis, if you go for this you will have slightly less ES, try and find one with 90+ to all attributes. If you decide to go for the better option; a rare amulet, these are the stats you will need:
- 75+ Strength
- #+ to Maximum Energy shield
- %+ Increased Maximum Energy Shield
- Mana
Try and go for a Citrine or onyx amulet, if not you many need to re-allocate one node on the tree to grab a 30 dexterity node.

Watcher's eye: Here's a list of Watcher's eye mods we find useful:
- % increased Energy Shield Recovery Rate while affected by Discipline
- % of Maximum Energy Shield Regenerated per Second while affected by Discipline
You will need at least one of these late game, get whichever one you can afford.

If you're Mr. Moneybags you can get the following mod:
- Gain % of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity
this will give you significantly more ES.

Healthy mind: We are using 4 of these. try and get as close to max roll as possible as these give us more Mana, which in turn give us more ES.

Flasks:
Spoiler

Witchfire Brew: This is our DPS flask, it gives us a free level 21 Despair aura and on top of that it also gives us up to 40% increased damage over time, it's also super cheap! Try and find one with a 30%+ increased damage over time roll.

Sulphur Flask: This gives us consecrated ground, which increases our ES regen by 6%, which is a nice boost to defences, it also gives us 40% increased damage, which is nice. You can also opt for a Sorrow of the Divine in this slot, but there's not much benefit over a well rolled blue one, as we already take the ZO node.

Rumi's Concoction: It give us 11k armour, an extra 10% spell block and takes our attack block from 34% to 54% without Bastion of Hope up. Try and get as close to perfectly rolled as possible, but remember spell block is more important than attack block.

Quicksilver Flask: Makes us faster, makes our shield charge faster, thus increases clear speed.

Ruby Flask: This is a pseudo life flask for us, increases our fire resistance,which in turn increases our ES regen, this is a must have for this build.

Flask rolls: Try and get at least one of each of these rolls:
- Immunity to Bleed during Flask effect/Removes Bleeding on use
- Immunity to Freeze during Flask effect/Removes Freezing on use
- Immunity to Curses during Flask effect/Removes Curses on use

Passive Tree and Ascendancy Choice:

Spoiler
Tree and PoB link of my character currently:

Spoiler
Tree:
http://poeurl.com/bUr2

PoB:
https://pastebin.com/67UyftNy

Ascendancy Choice:

Spoiler
Time of Need; This is your normal lab choice, as it will make levelling with RF easier. Or if you're not levelling with RF, then it'll make it so you pretty much can't die, solid choice.

Radiant Faith: Cruel lab, this is useful if you're levelling in a party. Now you can equip a Solaris Lorica, slap on some auras, and have all of your friends do all the dirty work, while you sit back and relax (GGG, please add a follow feature, so we can level by doing absolutely nothing), but if you have no friends, then it makes you tankier.

Unwavering Faith: Woo! You've made it to Merciless lab, now those friends you've got doing all your levelling for you will die way less!

Bastion of Hope: By now you're probably level 75, have your gear equipped and aren't degenning too much from RF, time to grab with node, which will block cap you every 5 seconds.

Gem Links:

Spoiler
Righteous fire:
Spoiler

Righteous fire > Burning Damage Support > Elemental Focus Support > Increased Area of Effect/Concentrated Effect

Scorching Ray:
Spoiler

Scorching Ray > Burning Damage Support > Elemental Focus Support > Efficacy Support > Controlled Destruction Support > Swift Affliction support

Blood Magic Auras:
Spoiler

Discipline > Purity of Fire > Determination
(If using a +3 Unset, replace Purity of Fire with Vitality)

Mana Auras:
Spoiler

Purity of Lightning > Purity of Ice > Vitality > Enlighten

(Separate Links: Clarity at Level 10)

Utility:
Spoiler

Orb of Storms > Arcane surge (Level 8) > Increased Critical Strikes > Summon Stone Golem

Movement:
Spoiler

Shield Charge > Faster Attacks > Fortify/Increased Critical Strikes

Videos:
Spoiler

Soon, Need to record them.

Levelling:
Spoiler

Not going to lie to you, I'm going to update this during Incursion.

Changes
Spoiler

Any changes I make will go here.

Last edited by DPXR on May 18, 2018, 5:42:38 PM
Last bumped on Nov 5, 2018, 11:24:07 PM
Reserved.
bump
"
Not going to lie to you, I'm going to update this during Incursion.

Seems you did lie...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info