3.3 Pondering - Rain of Arrows

Considering that Saboteur gets some pretty nice AoE with the Pyromaniac Node, coupled with the numerous AoE nodes in the tree for traps/mines, and that Rain of Arrows is getting a sizable AoE buff in 3.3 - could a RoA miner(trapper) be possible come 3.3?

Just puttering around with builder and could easily get RoA up to a radius of 37 with current 3.2 calcs, but from the few videos I saw RoA got increased to darn near full screen AoE (no idea how that build was optimized). The problem with mines is that they don't spread out - they're all right at your feet so they'll all hit pretty much the same area. Traps, at least, spread out a bit so the triggered RoA would, likewise, be more spread out.

With Shadow having relatively easy pathing to both mine and projectile nodes it seems like it might be an interesting idea, though in practicality my scrub ass has no clue if it would be remotely viable. Pure glass cannon, either way, with the derth of life nodes on the right side. Thought about using ranged totems, but heiro has almost zero access to projectile nodes.

Not sure what skill would be slotted for single-target, however.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
Last bumped on Jun 5, 2018, 1:28:29 PM
single is Blast tain for sure. M thinking about this, but still think that i will choose pure bow build, cause mines/traps are clunky..
"
Melanholic7 wrote:
single is Blast tain for sure. M thinking about this, but still think that i will choose pure bow build, cause mines/traps are clunky..

No arguments there. Trap cooldown has always made them massively awkward. The need to manually detonate mines has the same issue.
I'm waiting to see how they manage the cooldown timer for traps, and I'll have to wait until I can get a det mines gem before I can work on this build idea.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
I'm also really curious to see what they do with the trap support gem. If they reduce/remove the cooldown or up the count, it could be interesting. Otherwise no one will ever use it again over the spammable native trap skills.
im actually doing this build and it is going really well. The single target on rain of arrows is good enough to were i dont need blast rain. With all the aoe nodes saboteur gets and with a carcass jack the arrow damage overlaps when it hits the ground. I will be making a build guide for the when im done with the build.
Last edited by Zaneylite1 on Jun 4, 2018, 9:00:41 PM
This is what I was gonna do as well, but once I got to maps and made the switch I ended up going back to lightning trap/arc trap. While the damage and coverage was pretty good, the little pause before any arrows drop got me killed so many times. ROA just felt a little too clunky unfortunately :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info