As part of our ongoing effort to revamp some existing skills alongside the Incursion release, we've announced some changes to how several traps will work. In addition to reworking existing trap skills, we're also adding five new trap skill gems! Today we're showing more detail of just one: Siphoning Trap.

Available at level 10, Siphoning Trap is the quintessential utility skill for trappers. It does three things:

It deals cold damage over time to up to ten enemies within a large radius: The damage it deals is not enormous, but the area it affects is very generous. It targets the enemies closest to the central trap device, meaning an enemy's movement can change whether or not it is targeted (even during the trap's effect!)

It chills: Each enemy affected by the trap is chilled, slowing them, and conveniently ensuring that they stay within the trap's area of effect just a little longer.

The best part? It grants you both life AND mana regeneration per enemy affected: It's not just a little bit, either. At level 20, with 10 enemies affected, Siphoning Trap will send nearly 500 life and a little more than 25 mana per second your way.

Siphoning Trap may not carry you through your Incursions at lightning speed, but it will provide an avenue for life and mana recovery while crippling enemy speed. With supports like Increased Duration Support and Trap Cooldown Support (now renamed Advanced Traps Support) you'll potentially be able to maintain multiple Siphoning Trap effects at the same time.

Combining chill and regeneration, we expect Siphoning Trap to be used by more than just trap characters. We also expect players using this trap to be posed an interesting question: will I gain more from killing this cluster of monsters in a boss fight as quickly as possible, or using them to maintain my life and mana levels? Check it out in action below!

We'll be discussing another new trap later this week, so keep your eyes peeled!

By the way, last week community streamer ZiggyD visited the Grinding Gear Games studio to get lots of juicy information about Content Update 3.3.0. He'll be releasing several videos with his insights in the lead-up to the launch of Incursion. You can check out his content live on Twitch, watch his videos on Youtube or get updates on Twitter!
Posted by 
on
Grinding Gear Games
LOL NICE!
The Holy Bible
omg so happy!

trolled Fox News in an interview... wound up famous. thx for the virility humans!
https://youtu.be/hkK-gI7xAP4
"...I'm one of the heroes." lol
Last edited by Smoke_Dawg on May 14, 2018, 10:01:17 PM
Is Siphoning Trap vulnerable to being destroyed while it's active?

EDIT: Just checked out the video & it looks like the trap is destroyed immediately so I guess that answers that question. :)
Last edited by rdespair on May 14, 2018, 9:51:26 PM
Siphoning / Vortex traps could be pretty good.
GGG forgot to revamp Conversation Trap, sadface.
I need to be honest: I HATE TRAPS.

TOOOOOOOOO many traps update/skills on this patch, and I'm not excited.

Would love to see new bow skills, melee ( can we have decent melee skills - not sunder only? ) new spells, new CHAOS skills, etc... Chaos skills is around Essence drain this days.. When Blight and Caustic arrow will get some love?

zzzzzzzzzzz
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on May 14, 2018, 9:54:16 PM
Oh my
This'll definitely be in a lot of builds.
Wow, traps get a "channel" skill before wand and Bow.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info