[3.2] Brief guide of Immolate Chieftain warchief totem, cheap starter build

This is a budget char I did for the flashback event

example char

POB for this character https://pastebin.com/HcPyukKe. Against ignited and intimidated enemy, with sulphur and silver flask active, dps is 137k per totem, attack frequency or whatever it should be called is 4.93 without silver flask. My gear at the time is very garbage except for a 6L astral plate, and it's not a must have item, a tabula rasa is totally fine, you lose about 400 max life and 2k+ armour that's all, all my jewelries have no WED on it, no abyss jewels, except for the corsair sword and the astral plate (in form of celestial justicar card), all other pieces are self found and mediocre at best.

Pros:
reasonable high damage for a budget
easy to level as sunder or tectonic slam
can be really cheap to start, a tabula rasa, a 1-3c corsair sword is all you need
decent at all content, your totem will leech for you and taunt, which makes you relatively safe.
good uber lab runner, great atziri runner
performs well in all league mods, especially beyond,harbinger,perandus,and invasion,that's why I chose it for flashback

Cons:
clearspeed not top notch, it's warchief totem after all
you are not really tanky, can still be in danger when your totem unable to taunt effectively
not a lot of room to improve, unless you can get something like a 500dps pure phys non crit corsair
the boom boom sound can be really annoying

Items you need

A corsair sword, with at least T1/T2 attack speed roll and flat fire dmg roll, and ofc as much other type of damage as possible, phys better than ele because of AOF, it can convert at 100% efficiency. A sword like mine sells for 1-3c even early in the league.

Why not foils? Because foils have high dex requirement, and this is a chieftain build, it will be a lot of trouble to get all that 200+ dex, corsair is only a little behind in attack speed but only requires 117 dex, very easy to get the missing sum from an amulet. In the same sense, if you happen to get a imperial claw it is a good option too, this build don't use any weapon nodes at all, so weapon type does not matter.

I'm currently using prismatic eclipse, and there are several good options for the build, doryani's catalyst is the best dps option, eclipse is better at attack speed better for taunt, and singularity has up to 80% damage increased to nearby enemy and a hinder effect. Or you can use a shaper/elder stat stick sceptre, for some area damage, ele damage, dual wield damage or penetration

In case some people don't know, warchief totem only use main hand weapon to do damage.

If you struggle with resists, Aurumvorax is the off hand you need.

Main link : ancestral warchief + faster attack + WED + fire pen + chance to ignite + immolate

Auras : anger, blasphemy + flammability

Why Chieftain?

Totem leech and totem taunt, with enough attack speed, enemy would just simply forget about you. even the leech is only 1% in combat feels enough most of the time.
Last edited by TravisL on May 13, 2018, 6:46:19 AM
Last bumped on May 25, 2018, 12:43:54 PM
https://pastebin.com/xwv8pwhm

a little update, now does 220k dps, 136k against shaper per totem, have culling strike

Last edited by TravisL on May 25, 2018, 12:49:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info