[3.3] Dark Pact-Skeletons Assassin ft. Gloomfang (Cast on Crit and Poet's Pen) [Shaper video]

"
vicoftw wrote:
Just FYI, its projectiles gain 15% more per chain, darkpack is a spell, aoe, minion, chaining but not projectiles.

If you'll read the section on the amulet you'll notice that it is good because it gives one additional chain.
And even if Dark Pact was a projectile, it's entirely chaos damage, so literally everyone should recognize that getting 15% of non-chaos damage as extra chaos damage wouldn't do anything.
"
vicoftw wrote:
Just FYI, its projectiles gain 15% more per chain, darkpack is a spell, aoe, minion, chaining but not projectiles.

The projectile portion of Gloomfang is irrelevant to the build, you're correct. The build uses it simply for the +1 to chain. Since Dark Pact innately chains twice for 3 hits total, adding a 4th hit is 33% MORE damage. It is definitely one of the most slept on item/skill interactions in the game, especially considering it's a 1 alch amulet.

I will make the guide more clear on this point to avoid further confusion.
Would you say this build is very expensive? I feel like it'd be pretty hard/expensive finding gear with minion life and decent res. I really wanna try it after watching your mapping video but just not sure if I have the funds haha
Last edited by SilentManny on Jun 14, 2018, 4:08:14 PM
"
lucastb wrote:
Could you post some map clearing videos?

I've added a T15 Carcass Map video to the "VIDEOS" section of the guide - thanks for your patience. I think I accidentally ran it with Conc Effect but oh well.
I was looking for a build to invest some currency into, and this looks fun

I'll post back in a couple days with how it's going ;)
"
SilentManny wrote:
Would you say this build is very expensive? I feel like it'd be pretty hard/expensive finding gear with minion life and decent res. I really wanna try it after watching your mapping video but just not sure if I have the funds haha

The guide goes into this in more detail but I actually used this as a starter build in Bestiary and ran it with Hidden Potential (blue gear), MoM and Clear Mind. I rode it all the way to red maps before I decided to essence craft minion life gear. Thankfully this essence is usually around 5c-7c so I was able to put together a decent set fairly cheaply.

I think it is cheap to get it going (aside from the Pens early in a league) and cheap to achieve very good damage. It can be expensive if you want it to be (and enjoy trying to craft better and better gear).

Other shortcuts are the fact that the amulet gives so much damage for 1 alch, and since minion damage is irrelevant you can buy a lvl 21 0 quality Skeleton gem for cheap as well. Helm enchant is also cheap since nobody cares about Dark Pact these days...

What do you think the right time to move into Dark Pact? I've been leveling pretty quickly, and one of my Pen casts is Skeletons. When I self-cast DP it seems pretty strong, but I might be missing something. Am I waiting for gem levels, or just enough chaos damage nodes on the tree?

Edit: I bit the bullet and specced into dark pact on the pens (level 43) and it absolutely slays. I'm playing an occultist version, which seems to sustain power charges well enough. So far it seems like it'll be great to level with
Last edited by Gevrael on Jun 17, 2018, 7:08:20 AM
Nice build, currently leveling an assa with it.

Btw, what is the alternative for fenumus ? (bestiary items are over on leagues)
"
Gevrael wrote:
What do you think the right time to move into Dark Pact? I've been leveling pretty quickly, and one of my Pen casts is Skeletons. When I self-cast DP it seems pretty strong, but I might be missing something. Am I waiting for gem levels, or just enough chaos damage nodes on the tree?

Edit: I bit the bullet and specced into dark pact on the pens (level 43) and it absolutely slays. I'm playing an occultist version, which seems to sustain power charges well enough. So far it seems like it'll be great to level with

Glad to hear it is working out. I leveled this up without the Pens so I just did self-cast Dark Pact until I could afford them later on. I would've guessed low 60s - not because it's weak but because I would've thought two regular leveling spells would out damage it until the gems are leveled up.

"
Nice build, currently leveling an assa with it.

Btw, what is the alternative for fenumus ? (bestiary items are over on leagues)

I would just use rare gloves rolled with what you need. Essence crafting can make filling out resistances difficult so using another rare piece will help with that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info