[3.3] Max Block Rain of Arrows Gladiator - League Starter - Build discussion

So I have a plan to make a Rain of Arrows Gladiator with possible Max block utilizing Rearguard Quiver and other unique items with the gladiator ascendency.

Tree: www.poeurl.com/bTVk

Goals: Max Block(69/75 without red nightmare, 75/75 with)
High Life Pool(current tree/items stand at 7k life)
Use Revamped Rain of Arrows for clear
Possibility as a league Starter that can Extend to end game

Build Enabling Uniques -

RearGuard Quiver - This gives us our initial block chance
Chin Sol - 100% more damage at close range, face tank everything while dishing out huge damage.
Lioneyes Fall Jewel - Using this above Resolute Technique lets us take the block stave nodes
Rumi's Concoction - More block and armor

Useful Uniques -
Physical Impresence amulet - You can go Blood Magic and get free vuln curse for bleed explosions and maddening presence to face tank better.
Kaoms Roots - High life+ No speed loss. Max block means unwavering downside is removed
The Nomad Studded Belt - All great stats, phys damage, all res, high stats, proj damage
Belly of the Beast - Fat life totals

With these items and Tree we end up with 69/75 Block(75/75 with Red Nightmare), 7k life, high damage and a unique way to Play Gladiator(for those who are sick of sunder).

Any improvements or ideas to help further this would be great. Looking for insight on making this the best it can be. Thanks!
Last bumped on Jun 8, 2018, 5:38:39 PM
ill play something very similar when 3.3 lands - but..

no matter what will happen - replacing Rain of Arrows with Tornado Shot will make this build better by a huge margin

differences between skills are so extreme that there is no point in using the 'turd' ones and pretty much everything is turd compared to Tornado Shot. 3.3 is the clear speed league so you might find yourself unable to progress thanks to using turd skill that 'barely covers entire screen'. Tornado Shot clears this and a lot more so why gimp yourself?

it is not your fault, not your build's fault - it is simply a price this game has to pay for very weird and short-sighted design decisions (aka: lets introduce broken stuff to attract new players)
Hi!, I'm very interested in this build, but I don't understand how you can to reach 69% of block chance without red nightmare.

RearGuard Quiver: 22% block
Gloves: 5% block
Lioneyes Fall Jewel: 12% block
Rumi's Concoction: 17% block

That's 56% in total, with red nightmare will be 69% chance block.

Im' wrong? I miss something?

Thanks.
Gladiator ascendancy
"
Sr_Archer wrote:
Hi!, I'm very interested in this build, but I don't understand how you can to reach 69% of block chance without red nightmare.

RearGuard Quiver: 22% block
Gloves: 5% block
Lioneyes Fall Jewel: 12% block
Rumi's Concoction: 17% block

That's 56% in total, with red nightmare will be 69% chance block.

Im' wrong? I miss something?

Thanks.

The Gladiator Ascendency gets you up to 69% since its global block and not "With shields/Dual wielding"
"
sidtherat wrote:
ill play something very similar when 3.3 lands - but..

no matter what will happen - replacing Rain of Arrows with Tornado Shot will make this build better by a huge margin

differences between skills are so extreme that there is no point in using the 'turd' ones and pretty much everything is turd compared to Tornado Shot. 3.3 is the clear speed league so you might find yourself unable to progress thanks to using turd skill that 'barely covers entire screen'. Tornado Shot clears this and a lot more so why gimp yourself?

it is not your fault, not your build's fault - it is simply a price this game has to pay for very weird and short-sighted design decisions (aka: lets introduce broken stuff to attract new players)

Yeah, sadly this is the truth, but I enjoy the game without min maxing every detail. This build will never be T1 for anything but it will clear fine, be tanky as a bow character, and use a skill I've wanted to play for a long time.
Last edited by KHQZ on Jul 4, 2021, 6:43:44 AM
Bumping to get some discussion going. Looking for insight.
Any update on this ? I really wanna play ROA for 3.3 but it starts tomorrow and I haven't found a good build yet
Doesn't blood magic kinda hinder the dps too much since you wont have any auras?
You'll still have plenty of life without it and you have max block anyway which is a very powerful defensive mechanic. We are also talking about ROA which needs all the damage it can get.
I also cant wait to try the reworked roa, lets make it a meta skill :D
Last edited by ClassyWoof on Jun 1, 2018, 1:57:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info